Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 Box Fleer Retro Break

Mojo?
Essential Credentials /33....if they are anything like Essential Credentials in other sports they could be really big cards.
cmccart82003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

nice break! im waiting on a case.

let me know if the seguin credentials will be put up for sale.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo68 View Post
nice break! im waiting on a case.

let me know if the seguin credentials will be put up for sale.

I am selling all of them but haven't listed any yet...if you want to offer on anything now would be the time. thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wonder how these cards from Retro will sell on ebay! Personally I hate the design on most cards especially the autos they are on sideways lol and all stickers. IMO this was a fail by UD.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccart82003 View Post
I am selling all of them but haven't listed any yet...if you want to offer on anything now would be the time. thanks
just saw it on ebay. good luck on the best offer. the hockey guys will dictate the value on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
I wonder how these cards from Retro will sell on ebay! Personally I hate the design on most cards especially the autos they are on sideways lol and all stickers. IMO this was a fail by UD.
yeah, ive been reading lots on the hockey guys who wont touch this until the price drops, same thing when the cup came out.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
just saw it on ebay. good luck on the best offer. the hockey guys will dictate the value on these.

yeah, ive been reading lots on the hockey guys who wont touch this until the price drops, same thing when the cup came out.

Yeah, I really have no idea what it will be worth. I knew from the beginning when I got my product info from UD that it would struggle in hockey. Hockey collectors like totally different aspects of collecting than the other three major sports. I break/sell everything and have a pretty good understanding of all 4 major sports and I honestly think many hockey players will be a little clueless as to what the should collect from this set...what is normally valuable etc. I sold a Curt Schilling Essential Credentials 64/64 from the 90's, the EXACT same card as what this product is emulating...for 200.00 on ebay in ten minutes a few weeks back. I just bought the Kreider blue PMG /50 for 45.00. If that was one of the better rookies in basketball it would be SERIOUS money. Remember the Kobe original PMG 8/100 that sold for 38k last summer? I just hope hockey collectors don't completely dismiss it as there could be some really good value there in a lot of the inserts. It's always amazed me how hockey collectors are just fine paying 80 bucks for a mass produced (probably by 10-20k) young guns rc of a top player but the same collectors will only pay 100 bucks for a low numbered rc auto of the same player. Or how in hockey the price of a really good Cup rc auto patch /99 4 color will be like 2-3 times what the 1-2 colors go for. I pulled a RNH /99 4 color from CUP last year and sold it in half an hour for 2999.99. I pulled a Triple 1/1 auto of RNH/Hall/Tavares out of Dominion and sold it for less than 200 bucks. Hockey collecting makes no sense sometimes...
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would have loved to see how this product would have sold at a $100 price point with no autographs whatsoever. The autographs are going to be very weak and bring down the whole product. I thought the variety of inserts in the checklist would have been plenty to carry the product alone.

Who I collect: Cam Fowler, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, D-men, Bruins
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
I would have loved to see how this product would have sold at a $100 price point with no autographs whatsoever. The autographs are going to be very weak and bring down the whole product. I thought the variety of inserts in the checklist would have been plenty to carry the product alone.
The autographs in all three of the Retro products so far have sucked...outside of the few people who pulled 1/1 Jordan Buybacks etc...the best three autos I have hit out of about 50 total autos in Hockey/Basketball/Football are Tebow, Stamkos and Russell Wilson. The wilson sold for 50 bucks...so clearly the design brought down the price. It's about the inserts, not the autos.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I really have no idea what it will be worth. I knew from the beginning when I got my product info from UD that it would struggle in hockey. Hockey collectors like totally different aspects of collecting than the other three major sports. I break/sell everything and have a pretty good understanding of all 4 major sports and I honestly think many hockey players will be a little clueless as to what the should collect from this set...what is normally valuable etc. I sold a Curt Schilling Essential Credentials 64/64 from the 90's, the EXACT same card as what this product is emulating...for 200.00 on ebay in ten minutes a few weeks back. I just bought the Kreider blue PMG /50 for 45.00. If that was one of the better rookies in basketball it would be SERIOUS money. Remember the Kobe original PMG 8/100 that sold for 38k last summer? I just hope hockey collectors don't completely dismiss it as there could be some really good value there in a lot of the inserts. It's always amazed me how hockey collectors are just fine paying 80 bucks for a mass produced (probably by 10-20k) young guns rc of a top player but the same collectors will only pay 100 bucks for a low numbered rc auto of the same player. Or how in hockey the price of a really good Cup rc auto patch /99 4 color will be like 2-3 times what the 1-2 colors go for. I pulled a RNH /99 4 color from CUP last year and sold it in half an hour for 2999.99. I pulled a Triple 1/1 auto of RNH/Hall/Tavares out of Dominion and sold it for less than 200 bucks. Hockey collecting makes no sense sometimes...
haha i agree 100%! also would like to add that in the cup /99 sells for more than the parallel to jersey numbered, while in other sports the parallel sells for more.

i just got a case to see what they look like and for the chase of the credentials and 1/1 legacy's. i broke open multiple retro bkb and still have a case sitting. i didnt touch the fb retro because i knew it was going to tank. hockey should be better because they are featured the nhl uniforms. basketball is just a different breed itself with the insert craze.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
haha i agree 100%! also would like to add that in the cup /99 sells for more than the parallel to jersey numbered, while in other sports the parallel sells for more.

i just got a case to see what they look like and for the chase of the credentials and 1/1 legacy's. i broke open multiple retro bkb and still have a case sitting. i didnt touch the fb retro because i knew it was going to tank. hockey should be better because they are featured the nhl uniforms. basketball is just a different breed itself with the insert craze.

Agree totally on the jersey number cup sales...makes ZERO sense lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

It just means that hockey collectors are only interested in true rookie cards and not the ridiculous parallels. I personally dislike it when companies produce 5-6 levels/varients of a card. It's silly. Now look what Panini is doing. They created an orange parallel set to specifically sell individual cards by auction. Brutal.
clearblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearblue View Post
It just means that hockey collectors are only interested in true rookie cards and not the ridiculous parallels. I personally dislike it when companies produce 5-6 levels/varients of a card. It's silly. Now look what Panini is doing. They created an orange parallel set to specifically sell individual cards by auction. Brutal.
I haven't heard of the orange parellel thing? Do you have a link to that?

But it's not just Panini. Every company has begun to parallel the heck out of stuff. But I would agree, where rare parallels are HUGE sellers in all other sports, hockey collectors just don't seem to interested in it.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

Mojo?
Essential Credentials /33....if they are anything like Essential Credentials in other sports they could be really big cards.
at least they are in NHL uniforms in this product
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

finally a UD product i'm okay with. i love the credentials. they haven't been done before, so wat better time than now? really cool, so long as they aren't all #'d to 33
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
I haven't heard of the orange parellel thing? Do you have a link to that?

But it's not just Panini. Every company has begun to parallel the heck out of stuff. But I would agree, where rare parallels are HUGE sellers in all other sports, hockey collectors just don't seem to interested in it.

Beckett News Panini plans auction for special Prizm parallel

Total cash grab!
clearblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
finally a UD product i'm okay with. i love the credentials. they haven't been done before, so wat better time than now? really cool, so long as they aren't all #'d to 33
There are 2 sets - Credentials Now and Credentials Future. 42 cards in the set. And print run is ascending in the Now (Sidney Crosby is card #1 with a print run of 1) and descending in the Future (Sidney Crosby has a print run of 42). These are going to be big time money when people finally get how rare they are. That Seguin is SWEET.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearblue View Post
I'm a huge supporter of Panini. I really like what they've tried to do with all of their products the last couple years. But that's really disappointing. Thanks for sharing the link.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

I pulled a Selanne Essentials Future /38... didn't realize how rare it was before putting it up as a .99 cent auction oye!