Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Cup 2 Box Break - The sequel!

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting! I usually have a problem with spending over $50 for a pack of cards, but I purchase two boxes (packs) of 2006-07 The Cup and this is what I got!

Box 1

1)Denis Potvin Base - 55/249
2) Fredrik Norrena Rookie 5 color patch auto 236/249 (red, white, blue, silver and Yellow-green)!!! This is a sick patch!
3) Patrice Bergeron Honorable Numbers 3 color patch auto 11/37
4) Ray Bourque Jersey 19/25
5) Eric Staal and Justin Williams Dual Auto NHL Shields 1/1 Redemption!!!!

So I decided to test my luck and bought another one:

Box 2

1) Stan Mikita base 109/249
2) Eric Fehr Rookie 4 color patch auto 211/249
3) Mats Sundin Cup Foundations 2 pattern jersey (1 color) 02/25
4) Patrick Roy Honorable Numbers 3 color patch auto 3/33
5) Joel Perrault Rookie auto 93/249
6) Marek Schwarz base parallel 05/25

I'll post some scans of the cards later.

Keep in mind I have not had this kind of luck ever...so I may stop!
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default more!!!

Apparently the file sizes of my scans are too big so I have all of these cards on Ebay....so take a gander.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflobert1205
Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Those are some sick looking patches!
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terry

Wow Nice To See A Wny'er Like My Self (batavia) To Hit It Big...what Do You Need For The Sundin???
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Sundin

Fellow WNYer!
I'm not too sure yet, I'm going to let the auction run its course a little bit, but I will certainly let you know! I'll do some research on some prices, too. I haven't really dealt with anything high end like this. I don't want to give you a price that is outrageous nor cheat myself out of a good sale.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Offer

Hello all!

I have been in negotiations with a gentleman in Alberta about the Fehr and Norrena card. How much do you think that these cards will go for? The Fehr is up to 186 and the Norrena is up to 25 both with 3 days left on the auction. Has the price on the Fehr stalled? I have numerous watchers so I'm a little reluctant to end the auction early. Personally I think that I can get more than what he is offering, but I wanted to know what you all thought?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

its hard to answer your question without knowing what offers you are getting. on the fehr one with a similar patch but not quite as good as yours sold for $400 on august 6th. the next best prices on the fehr cards have been 157.50 and lower but they were just regular colored patches nothing even close to yours. on the norrena the first few sold for 125,100 at the end of july but now they are down to 60 and lower. again you have one of the better looking patches but things seemed to have died down now with the cup.
as far as the numerous watchers go, i just had my 30+ cup listings end thursday and every single auction had between 10 to 20 watchers. i really felt good about this expecting some late bidding wars but they never came. i had one auction with 17 people watching and i didn't get one single bid the final 2 days of the listing. i still did ok overall but i was expecting more and it just didn't happen so i wouldn't let the watchers sway you too much.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

personally, i'd delist them and wait til the first or 2nd week of the season. like it has been said before, it doesn't sell well in the summer. wait til the fans are back, there's some buzz, and your guy has the change at having a monster game out of the gate.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

The number of watchers means nothing. Nothing. It is as useful a stat as the 1980s baseball great "GWRBI."

Bids usually come at the last minute (although not in one of the cases cited above, obviously). I would just let the auctions run. Tell Prince Alberta in a Can that he better let his bids out if he is interested in the cards. My favorite line is "who knows? maybe you'll get it cheaper this way!" Bidders don't seem to like that response.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Ebay

This guy is offering me 320-340 for both, I think that I am just going to let them run. I don't know if he was trying to lowball me, but I think I can come away with more, probably just with the Fehr.

Come to think of it, the # watchers probably doesn't matter much, I can't tell you how many times I watched an item just to see how much it went for...Thanks a lot guys, this helped a lot!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

being a DC & Caps guy- I have been watching the Fehr's /249 very closely- one just like one you have up (multiple colors w/lettering) went for $400 just this past week- so take that for what it is worth. Also Fehr has much potential to get it going and be an impact player- other board members I know feel the same way. I would be surprised if that card does not garner more than decent return for you. Great breaks btw- certainly two super, if not awesome box breaks. Congrats...........
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Offer

This guy wants these bad? He offered 420 for both, But I think that I should bump it up to 450. What do you guys think?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
This guy wants these bad? He offered 420 for both, But I think that I should bump it up to 450. What do you guys think?
considering you would be taking auctions down & if you feel comfortable with the $450 good for you. Your cards, Your call...... Things to think about are eBay final value fees, paypal fees, shipping costs (either way) when you consider all the little things/costs/time involved with an eBay sale this may be the path of least resistance- if you think its a good deal then go for it. Multiple color ( i.e. "sick" patches) are getting big $$ so dont have seller's remorse if you let them go. As a long time dealer you just have let it go and not look back and move on to the next release...........
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote