Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013-14 OPC case break (in progress)

I'll update this throughout the night to take a break from...well, from breaking.

I am 6 boxes into my first case (of two) and already I feel comfortable saying that this product has the goofiest collation of anything I have ever busted. It's like they pulled some drunk off the street to do it. Five of my first six boxes were black rainbow hot boxes. A couple of those also had a rookie in almost every pack. And I have pulled only SIXTEEN retro rookie cards. One patch and no autos so far - I have a feeling I'll be calling UD customer service tomorrow.

EDIT 1 - now 9 boxes into Case #1. Still only one patch and no autos. 7 of the 9 boxes were black rainbow hot boxes (I thought those were supposed to be rare?) and 2 were retro rookie hot boxes. Haven't counted the rookies, regular rainbows, rings or stickers.

EDIT 2 - finished the first case. I'm too lazy to do a total count, but 10 of the 12 boxes were black foil hot boxes (from now on to be referred to as BFHB), and 2 of those 10 were also retro rookie hot boxes. The two boxes that weren't BFHBs were retro rookie hot boxes (to be referred to as RRHB going forward). I hit a lot of BF stars (2 Crosbys, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Roy, etc.) and a BF Yakupov. I only got one patch and no autos, but no worries there because UD will take care of it (I got shorted on a 12-13 case too and they sent me the missing cards). Overall I'm happy with the break on Case #1.

EDIT 3 - 3 boxes into Case #2 and this one seems a little more normal - no BFHBs, one RRHB. Not completely normal though - 3 patches so far. No autos but I still have 9 boxes to go.

EDIT 4 - halfway through Case #2 - one BFHB, one RRHB. 4 patches, 1 Team Canada auto (Carter Ashton - woo hoo!) Pulled my 3rd BF Crosby - maybe I should go for all 100.

EDIT 5 - last update. All finished busting. 4 BFHBs (including BFs of Huberdeau, Brunner and Bennett), one RRHB.

Last edited by rippit; 08-08-2013 at 11:38 PM.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Any Sabres rookies that you pull will be of interest to me. Thanks and good luck!
LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

very odd indeed . im still not sure if i will be buying any of this .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Please message me if you pulled any J.T Miller. And if you happen to pull the Rangers Patch.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

will do , for you guys that have opened up some product . how is the quality of the cards ? percentage of damaged cards ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
will do , for you guys that have opened up some product . how is the quality of the cards ? percentage of damaged cards ?
No damaged cards that I could see - if the collation sucks at least the quality is pretty good.

For those of you asking about specific players/teams, I know I pulled a Grigorenko black foil and a JT Miller black foil, but I'm not going to have time to get you guys scans this weekend because I'm getting ready for a show on Sunday. If you can hold on until early next week I'll PM you with scans and prices. Thanks for your interest.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
No damaged cards that I could see - if the collation sucks at least the quality is pretty good.

For those of you asking about specific players/teams, I know I pulled a Grigorenko black foil and a JT Miller black foil, but I'm not going to have time to get you guys scans this weekend because I'm getting ready for a show on Sunday. If you can hold on until early next week I'll PM you with scans and prices. Thanks for your interest.

Sounds good I have some nice pens for you
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would be interested in picking up any Jim Howard, Teddy Purcell, Gustav Nyquist, Ben Bishop, and Brian Flynn.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is online now   Reply With Quote