Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I present to you the WORST break of all time, 12-13 Prime

Absolutely disgusted that this is possible for over $200:

Belfour Base
Smith/Golubef/Allen JSY /100
Cornet RC AU JSY /249 Auto is off the card, how do you hard sign a card of the freaking card?!?
Zack Kassian Prime Sigatures /25
Trevor Daley Prime Colors /21 95% white Jersey/5% 1 color logo Trevor Freaking Daley in a high end set?

Dominion:

Ward Base /125
Colin Wilson Peerless patch /40 "edators" that might be worth $10 bucks

Horrid, Horrid Stuff. I'm understand the "Odds" but this is inexcusable. Who at Panini thought, lets put Trevor Daley in our high end set. Too angry to even scan this crap.

Last edited by JoexBondo; 08-29-2013 at 03:25 PM.
JoexBondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Panini is a joke.
omnipotent133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Of course, there are some rare good boxes, but this is a perfect example of why I don't buy Panini.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

What would you sell the contents of the box for?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Wilson and Daly not bad not great but great patch on Wilson. But not every box is going to be gold.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Um the Wilson, Daly, and Kassian are all solid hits...
cadetforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadetforlife View Post
Um the Wilson, Daly, and Kassian are all solid hits...
yeah dont think this is all that bad........... not a million dollar box by no means but nice hits IMO

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

i wouldnt say bad with a logo card exactly... could be alot worse. Also why the anger? buying hockey boxes is like gamble.. u cant always get the big hits.. everyone knows it either accept it or dont buy.. simple as that.
mortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Not even close to the worst box......
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry buddy, that was pretty bad .
Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Panini keeps rolling out the garbage. Always full of fourth line bums and impossible odds on any star players.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Hmm, they're not all winners but I personally think Panini did a great job this year with Prime. I've already opened a good amount of boxes and I have no complaints, the cards are gorgeous and the patches .... Wow. Out of the boxes I've opened, I've had some great stuff but I also hit a box much worse than yours.
ASAPPORKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

What are these boxes selling for, if you spent more than $115.00 then I would say you have a problem!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
What are these boxes selling for, if you spent more than $115.00 then I would say you have a problem!
They're selling for around $225 on some sites and sell for even more in Card shops. The product is so popular this year that it is sold out upon release.

If you don't like the gamble then this product isn't for you.
ASAPPORKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ya that is a bad Box...Id be Dissapointed thats for Sure...I can Only Afford Maybe a few Boxs each year and it upsets me when i Spend Money and get crap...Cheer up though maybe luck will come your way Soon
holt49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Pardon me saying so but if you say this was "solid" then your crazy 3rd liners and scrub rookies are not solid. I could put a logo or nice patch on a Pat Falloon card that doesn't make it a good hit ( oh wait, panini did that too!!) I don't always expect a big hit but that combination of cards is terrible.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoexBondo View Post
Pardon me saying so but if you say this was "solid" then your crazy 3rd liners and scrub rookies are not solid. I could put a logo or nice patch on a Pat Falloon card that doesn't make it a good hit ( oh wait, panini did that too!!) I don't always expect a big hit but that combination of cards is terrible.
well whatever, u sound more like a spoiled kid nothing else, believe me u could do far worse then what u got, just because u didnt get better players doesnt mean it was a bad pack... problem with panini is that not many cards and players u get money back or even go decent on secondhand market ebay etc... sad that gretzky signed exclusive deal for the crooks at UD.. would like to see him in itg and panini...
Old 09-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure what you were expecting...if every box had a crosby or stamkos in it then it would already by sold out. That Colin Wilson card is amazing, he scored 19 points in 25 games and is a potential 25-25 scorer...The Daly is really cool as well. You need to be more focused on the overall rareness and coolness of the cards instead of the value, a typical stuck-up collector mistake.
cadetforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

Not the worst but also not the best. That's an average box. Nice patches!
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

Default I present to you the WORST break of all time

Listen Dude, I am so right there with you with the anger & disappointment over your particular break, but I believe it points out what is wrong with the industry in general. This crap that's happening now is the exact same crap greedy manufacturers put collectors through in the 90's. They took 2 or 3 products and over-produced the crap out of them. Now it's almost the same thing except there's way too many products per sport per manufacturer and collectors are left with over-priced, watered down products. I just did a quick search on BOC's site, narrowed my search to "Panini 1012 Hockey Products and counted 20 different Panini products - "TWENTY". And of course within each product, you can by the blaster box, the retail packs, the fat packs, the hobby boxes - blah blah and on and on.

Dear JoexBondo - I apologize the soap-boxing in response to your post, but this crap gets me riled up.
Db

Last edited by dwitbuddy; 10-07-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: I got riled up and went overboard with the "lalallaa??", so I scaled back my post.
dwitbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

i got headache trying to read all that lalallaa
Old 09-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

After telling myself i wasnt going to buy a box of this stuff, i ended up doing it anyway and totally regretted it. I got a way worse box then you did. At least you got some nice patches, all the cards i got in my prime box were one color jersey.
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default Worst Break of All Time

Well, like I said - this crap riles me up, and it just keeps getting worse year after year. But, headache - really? Aren't you the tender fella? I don't tweet. This is why I enjoy community forums. You can say and you can read as little as you want.
dwitbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

congrats on your great break! Pot calling the kettle black.
coltssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Panini keeps rolling out the garbage. Always full of fourth line bums and impossible odds on any star players.
yep, and they'll keep rolling it out because people keep buying it.

Quote:
I could put a logo or nice patch on a Pat Falloon card that doesn't make it a good hit ( oh wait, panini did that too!!)
yes they did. in fact, i pulled a Pat Falloon Pens jersey card (he played a total of 30 games with Pittsburgh). i assume they found that jersey at a yard sale for $12 and thought it made sense to put it in one of their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
problem with panini is that not many cards and players u get money back or even go decent on secondhand market ebay etc... sad that gretzky signed exclusive deal for the crooks at UD.. would like to see him in itg and panini...
blame Panini for packaging a lot of junk... blame ebay sellers (aka collectors) for driving down the secondary market.

people will pay $200+ for a box of cards, then rush to dump every card they pull into a 0.99 auction. and if a card sells for $40, the next guy is all too willing to sell his for $35, and the next for $30, etc. i'll never understand their strategy of buying high and selling low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitbuddy View Post
This crap that's happening now is the exact same crap greedy manufacturers put collectors through in the 90's. They took 2 or 3 products and over-produced the crap out of them. Now it's almost the same thing except there's way too many products per sport per manufacturer and collectors are left with over-priced, watered down products.
excellent point. people are sad now. wait a few years until collectors realize there are 1000s of autos of any given player out there and available.... you won't be able to give some of these cards away then.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote