Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013-14 Dominion My first case break-Disappointed?

12 base cards-25% of total cards

When you get a Frozen Moments Booklet, you only get 5 cards in the pack?

Jersey cards #'d to 99, Rookie & Rookie Auto cards #'d to 299

2 RC patch cards #'d to 10, 4 other cards #'d to 50

Rookie Auto patch cards, #'s to 299

and last but not least...

5, yes 5 redemptions!!

I think the patches on these cards are much smaller than last years version. At an average cost of $30 per card for this years cards, I think there are too many base cards, not enough great cards?

Anyone else have an opinion? Thanks for looking at my cards
hookedonhits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well you did pull a Michal Jordan Autograph rookie....
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

there's been some pretty sick patches in peerless set...never know with the crosby...there are a ton of redemptions in this though
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

damn panini.. why does their highend set dont look highend really it looks so cheap..? and too many trlaallala redemptions i really cant stand them... itg really is amazing for having zero really in their products.. why cant panini and upper deck try harder...

sorry but i didnt find 1 decent ok card there.. wtf is this what a average case should look like.. no wow at all...
mortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm interested in the Hextall if FS. I agree though, the last version of Dominion was MUCH better.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
damn panini.. why does their highend set dont look highend really it looks so cheap..? and too many trlaallala redemptions i really cant stand them... itg really is amazing for having zero really in their products.. why cant panini and upper deck try harder...

sorry but i didnt find 1 decent ok card there.. wtf is this what a average case should look like.. no wow at all...
lol not 1 decent ok card, what about a crosby auto patch /10 ??? every time i read your post, all you do is complain, but you can say what you want i guess

i wouldn't be disappointed in the case, Brodeur auto patch, Lindholm RPA /99, Forsberg RPA /50, Reilly dual auto, Hextall book, all good hits

and oh yea your crosby is out of 10

let me know if the crosby available
Nutcracker33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Aside from the Crosby and Brodeur, I would have to agree that this was a pretty rough case. Like you, I look at the value for price paid, and at $1440 per case you are talking 48 cards which means you paid $30 per card. Maybe I am wrong, but I only see 3, and maybe barely a 4th card that would bring in $30 or more. You're looking at it from a return on investment basis which is just gambling, no different then buying scratch tickets. So, when looked at it in this manner, 99 times out of 100 you are going to be unhappy. It's just the odds, very rarely do you buy a box or case and break even or come out ahead.

That being said, sorry for the bad luck, and if you decide to sell the Derek Stepan redemption, please shoot me a PM. Thanks
CrownCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Congrats man!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCollector View Post
Aside from the Crosby and Brodeur, I would have to agree that this was a pretty rough case. Like you, I look at the value for price paid, and at $1440 per case you are talking 48 cards which means you paid $30 per card. Maybe I am wrong, but I only see 3, and maybe barely a 4th card that would bring in $30 or more. You're looking at it from a return on investment basis which is just gambling, no different then buying scratch tickets. So, when looked at it in this manner, 99 times out of 100 you are going to be unhappy. It's just the odds, very rarely do you buy a box or case and break even or come out ahead.

That being said, sorry for the bad luck, and if you decide to sell the Derek Stepan redemption, please shoot me a PM. Thanks
couldn't said it better myself
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would say way below average on rookie stuff, but above average for veteran stuff - nobody mentioned it, but that Chelios seems decent to me. You get that Crosby back and you have 3 HOFs, so look at it from that view.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
Well you did pull a Michal Jordan Autograph rookie....
Now I want to own one, just for that reason
Stats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
lol not 1 decent ok card, what about a crosby auto patch /10 ??? every time i read your post, all you do is complain, but you can say what you want i guess

i wouldn't be disappointed in the case, Brodeur auto patch, Lindholm RPA /99, Forsberg RPA /50, Reilly dual auto, Hextall book, all good hits

Where do you see that the Crosby redemption is 1 of 10?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCollector View Post

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your comments. Although I look at the average price per card, it is not necessarily for ROI. The reason is I don't sell the cards I buy, because I know going in you can't make your money back. Plus I genuinely like having them. But I have a question that I have not been able to find the answer. How can so many people afford to buy these high end cards, do most people sell them right away? And like you said, 4 cards at $30 leaves $1300 left and the 44 left are not worth $1300. I spent around $30K last year on hockey cards and I have a nice $15K collection (figuring they are worth about half what you pay.) You add to that all the ebay BS fees and it is not worth it. The only thing I can figure is that everyone is chasing the elusive $500 card and that makes up for your losses?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your point of view. I wasn't complaining and I do think there are some nice cards. I just expected more for the price
Old 01-10-2014, 04:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonhits View Post
Thank you for your response, I appreciate your point of view. I wasn't complaining and I do think there are some nice cards. I just expected more for the price
nope, that wasn't towards you ....

you spent $$ towards a certain product, so you have the right to feel disappointed

oh and about the crosby, if you look at the checklist online, he is short printed to 10 in the set
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Everytime I see a Panini break now you have to wonder if they even have contracts with the "better" players anymore.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
nope, that wasn't towards you ....

you spent $$ towards a certain product, so you have the right to feel disappointed

oh and about the crosby, if you look at the checklist online, he is short printed to 10 in the set
Thanks. The Crosby makes me feel better, provided Panini sends it during my lifetime!!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

If for sale please pm price on forsberg /50 and beaulieu /25. Also, anytime you pull a Crosby patch auto you can't complain. I've seen much worse breaks for this product.

Photobucket: http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/RyanBostonRedsox9/
ProspectGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectGuy9 View Post
If for sale please pm price on forsberg /50 and beaulieu /25. Also, anytime you pull a Crosby patch auto you can't complain. I've seen much worse breaks for this product.
I am not selling any of the cards right now but when I decide to I will let you know. Thanks for the inquiry

You would hope to get more than just one good card in a case this expensive
Old 01-12-2014, 04:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

looks like this is the crosby you will be receiving if it's /10 which isn't to bad at all so hopefully you get a really nice patch on it with a flawless auto!!! Best of luck with everything!

Sidney Crosby 2013 Panini Dominion Peerless Jumbo Prime Patch Auto 3 10 | eBay
NYRDoria98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRDoria98 View Post
looks like this is the crosby you will be receiving if it's /10 which isn't to bad at all so hopefully you get a really nice patch on it with a flawless auto!!! Best of luck with everything!

Hey thanks for the link. I wonder how that guy got that card so fast, since it was a redemption?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRDoria98 View Post

I checked it out. That card is a 2012-13 Dominion Crosby Peerless Patch, last years's version
Old 01-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Everytime I see a Panini break now you have to wonder if they even have contracts with the "better" players anymore.
Well you can forget to see Gretzky anytime soon hes exlusixe for UD..
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
Well you can forget to see Gretzky anytime soon hes exlusixe for UD..
So I've heard...
Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #25 (permalink)

remember next time save ur money and dont buy a case from panini, its hardly worth it unless u doing it for fun and have that kind of cash to burn.