Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives

Some very nice looking cards here and a great product, IMO (but what do I know about Hockey). Tons of fun opening these up since just about every card would be of a player I don't have already.

Madano stick 9/9........Lidstrom stick 8/9......Thomas AU 1 of 50......Lidstrom AU 1 of 50.......Tyrell Prospect AU 8/10............Lemieux AU 1 of 50.........St. Louis AU 1 of 50......Roy AU/jersey 1 of 50.........Lafleur AU/jersey 1 of 50.........Kane AU/jersey 19/40.

Perhaps there is something I don't understand about these? All of the Silver Versions that are number 1 of 50 have the word "of" between the 1 and 50 (just like I typed it). All other print runs have the / between the numbers. If those are in fact the print run numbers it seems a little strange that I would get all #1's doesn't it? Or maybe those aren't the serial numbers? Like I said, what do I know about hockey?

more scans coming up.....
Attached Thumbnails
4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-1.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-2.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-3.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-4.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-5-1.jpg  

4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-5.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-6.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-7.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-8.jpg   4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-9.jpg  

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Modano au/jersey 1 of 50......Schenn Prospect patch/AU 2/9..........Lidstrom AU/jersey 1 of 50..........Seguin prospect AU/jersey 4/10...........Briere patch 1 of 9.......Clarke "Emblem" 1/1............Robitaille patch 1 of 30..........Seguin 3-clr patch 1 of 30........Gaborik patch 1 of 30.......Ed Belfour jersey "The Eagle" Nicknames 9 of 9.
Attached Thumbnails
4 boxes of 09-10 ITG Superlatives-itg-sup-15.jpg  
Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskaaron View Post
Perhaps there is something I don't understand about these? All of the Silver Versions that are number 1 of 50 have the word "of" between the 1 and 50 (just like I typed it). All other print runs have the / between the numbers. If those are in fact the print run numbers it seems a little strange that I would get all #1's doesn't it? Or maybe those aren't the serial numbers? Like I said, what do I know about hockey?

more scans coming up.....
I'm guessing that when they number the silvers "1 of 50", they number them all exactly like that. This way people know how many there are without individualizing each and every card with their own unique number. Personally, I think it's a refreshing break from serial numbered cards.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

last set of scans......

Andreychuk triple 1 of 1.......Thornton quad 3 of 9..........Trottier 1 of 9.........Chelios 1 of 30...........Ward 1 of 30............Varlamov 8 of 9.......Thomas 1 of 30..........Miller 1 of 30.

I have no clue on how I did as far as value goes but like I said earlier it was fun opening these. I assume the Lemiuex is a decent pull. Feel free to let me know how I did value wise.

I'm going to hold on to all of these for the time being since I don't buy too much hockey. Possibly could let go of a Lidstrom or two since I did pull more than one.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I'm guessing that when they number the silvers "1 of 50", they number them all exactly like that. This way people know how many there are without individualizing each and every card with their own unique number. Personally, I think it's a refreshing break from serial numbered cards.
Gotcha.....so it's like they are saying this card is just 1 out of the 50 that were made. No exact numbering or particular order to them. Like you said a new kind of twist. These cards do seem to have a unique quality to them that I like quite a bit.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Aaron you killed it! That Emblem and stickworks could easily break you even!

PM Incoming!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

That Clarke is excellent! With half the maple leaf you should get a nice return on it.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

that Clarke is freakin' sweet
hockeyguyrich is offline   Reply With Quote