Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > HOCKEY SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

HOCKEY SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your HOCKEY Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need a little help figuring out if this is a good idea

Hi all,

I have about 3 years worth of hockey, football and baseball case break left-overs. The most product I have is 05-06 hockey, I have a lot of good rookies like Getzlaf and Vanek Young Guns, Crosby & Ovechkin Power Play etc. and a ton of other stuff.

I bought so much in 05-06 that I couldn't even sell all the big stuff.

I'm thinking of doing a dutch auction, $1 per lot, each lot would contain a minimum of $5 worth of cards but probably a lot more. For every five lots you would get an autograph or jersey card.

I'm worried I will get flamed by folks who buy the lot and don't get the Crosby rookies.

Do these do well or is it a waste of time? Anyone bid on these before? PLMK.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

That is kinda like I do. But I do 99 cents for $50 worth of cards with an auto and game used per lot but I get it back by charging $9.99 for shipping cause it does take awile to get the value of all of the cards. I think you could work out pretty good, so yes I would go ahead and attempt to sell those lots but you might want to boost it to $10 of book value per $1 lot.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

I had thought about doing it but with $50 lots and selling my entire collection including a Maybin Aflac Auto BGS 9.5, (2) PSA 10 Zambrano TT Autos and a ton of other BIG cards. I just don't know if anyone would bite and I can't risk the Negatives with a perfect feedback rating of 2300+.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
That is kinda like I do. But I do 99 cents for $50 worth of cards with an auto and game used per lot but I get it back by charging $9.99 for shipping cause it does take awile to get the value of all of the cards. I think you could work out pretty good, so yes I would go ahead and attempt to sell those lots but you might want to boost it to $10 of book value per $1 lot.
Some of those Ultra, MVP & Power Play rookies have a book value of $3-4 on their own, so hitting $10 wouldn't be tough. I just have to make sure there is a name in each pack. I would think the guy who paid $1 for a Nokelainen, Alberts and Jurcina rookie would feel a little ripped off.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Just my personal opinion, when I ever come across a dutch auction I think it is some sort of scam. So I don't even look. Not saying any of you guys make them like that. But then I am not much of a gambler either. I think those auctions do ok because there are tons of them out there. Any ways what ever you do good luck! Just my .02 cents
Old 11-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would hope my feedback would help it. Its just a way to clear inventory without listing everything.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

BD, do one of those listings from OUR side of the fence for once. Say you are selling all the cards you found while hiding in the attic of the cheating wife you were banging the day her husband came home from cage fighting practice early. Post of pic of you holding up some cards in one hand and a pair of lacey panties in the other with a big #@#@#@#@ eatin grin on your face. I'd by some from you if you did that.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
BD, do one of those listings from OUR side of the fence for once. Say you are selling all the cards you found while hiding in the attic of the cheating wife you were banging the day her husband came home from cage fighting practice early. Post of pic of you holding up some cards in one hand and a pair of lacey panties in the other with a big #@#@#@#@ eatin grin on your face. I'd by some from you if you did that.
LOL Hasn't this been done a time or two.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

There are already numerous sellers selling lots with guarenteed hits and an several high dollar ultimate hits for about $2 each and they list 100 at at time or more. It is risky depending if you want postive feedback or neutral feedback in about a third of your customer base. I would list list a 25 cards up to 500 count lot with guarenteed rookies, jerseys, and autos. Make sure you show plenty of pictures.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote