Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > HOCKEY SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

HOCKEY SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your HOCKEY Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FS: Ovechkin YG and others.

Looking for $65 firm Dlvd for this.

PM me if interested

BTW - I am not trading this.

Will post "others" later.

Ovechkin YG + OTHERS = $400 OBO total for lot (This does not include Superlative quad jersey in post 10).

$15

$25

sold

$15

$10

$35

$15

$35

#/10 $40

$20

$25

$20

sold

$20

sold

Last edited by flobert1205; 07-06-2009 at 03:38 PM.
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here's a link to the unsold ebay auction:

05-06 Upper Deck RC Alexander Ovechkin Young Guns!!!! - eBay (item 260435021023 end time Jun-27-09 11:16:10 PDT)

More here:

$10

$10

SP sticker auto $12

$7

$10

$7

$10

$5

Last edited by flobert1205; 07-05-2009 at 05:54 PM.
flobert1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

i would love to trade you for it
jasydog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post

BTW - I am not trading this.
I would love cash for it.

Kthanksbye.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

all i got is $33 to spend.....ill give you that and a card
jasydog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasydog101 View Post
all i got is $33 to spend.....ill give you that and a card
Sorry, I am not trading anything at this time. $65 dlvd is a fair price for this card.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey Flo, what "others" do you have?
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
Hey Flo, what "others" do you have?
Yeah, quit holding out on us buddy!
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Yeah, quit holding out on us buddy!
Haha, they are at home. I'll pick them up and post them when I get to school. Too bad a thesis doesn't write itself!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

First two posts updated.

I also have this, courtesy of Fish... not too eager to give it away. Its a Superlative Toronto Expo Promo Quad Jersey of Ovechkin, Sundin, Lindstrom, and Kurri #/9. $100/obo on that.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Flo,

I'll give you $20 for the Lecavalier Rookie Review & Blair Jones The Cup. Let me know.

-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Original post updated with Total Lot Price.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

HJ.... sending PM
Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Updated OP

Offers are accepted on these cards too!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

the daily bump. feel free to make some offers.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Prices updated...
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Is the Christobal Huet Glacial Graph FS by itself? OR for trade?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddvw123abc View Post
Is the Christobal Huet Glacial Graph FS by itself? OR for trade?
Yes, it is for sale for the price listed next to it. It is not for trade.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
Haha, they are at home. I'll pick them up and post them when I get to school. Too bad a thesis doesn't write itself!
I have to ask, what is your thesis on?
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I have to ask, what is your thesis on?
Great, you want me to bore the board....

Here it goes.

Background:

In the lower Niagara River, there is a 90 degree bend in the river about 7km away from Niagara Falls called the Niagara Whirlpool. Water moves so fast through this formation, caused by post glaciation erosion, that a counter-clockwise vortex is created.

Water is diverted out of the Niagara River for hydroelectric purposes. In fact, any picture you see of Niagara Falls is only at half the amount of what it should be. It was discovered in the late 1960's that because of this reduction in discharge, the direction of the vortex in the Whirlpool changes when it reaches a certain discharge. My thesis investigates why and puts another hypothesis on trial.

Methodology:

My father and I built a plexiglass tank with a nozzle placed off center to create a vortex in the tank. I then use a valve to control the volume of water per second going into the tank. I am using a state-of-the-art particle (one of, if not the first in the nation to use this) imagery velocimetry machine to measure the 3 dimensional velocity of this flow field at different discharges.

Previous hypothesis: Interaction of the varying discharges and the shape of the channel at the entrance of the whirlpool cause the reversal. Problem with that is, no one know the shape of the channel, and probably never will.

My hypothesis: A high pressure jet entertain an ambient basin will disperse until it impinges on a wall an will become attached to that wall. Under a lower discharge that is not allowed to happen, this causing the reversal.

Is it possible to hi-jack your own thread?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Even the most educated of us are lost at this point. So how much are you asking for the plexiglass tank? Isn't that what this thread is about now?
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I think I get the basic concept of it. Probably only because I worked in a similar field for a while. My uncle is a geologist and I'm sure he would have a field day working on a project like that. When your done with it, be sure to send me a copy. Sounds like it will be an interesting read.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Steve way to hijack your own thread! I gotta ask but given your referring to the flow regime of the Niagara, has anyone done any acoustic work on the river at different stages (water levels) to not only determine how much flow is being used in the vortex, but also the amount of force, etc being exerted? I think one of the guys here at work (Dave Holtschlag..if you need more contact info) did a flow study on the Detroit River (which is dredged and has multiple channels/islands plus other factors)

Hydrodynamic Simulation and Particle-Tracking Techniques for Identification of Source Areas to Public-Water Intakes on the St. Clair-Detroit River Waterway in the Great Lakes Basin

Abstract page of Holtschlag, David J., Atiq U. Syed, and Gregory W. Kennedy, 2003, Visualization of A Drifting Buoy deployment on Lake St. Clair within the Great Lakes Waterway from August 12-15, 2002

More reports available online, but if you want a quick list of Dave's reports..go to

List of Publications then scroll down to Holtschlag and you can see the titles and/or links to the reports.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Even the most educated of us are lost at this point. So how much are you asking for the plexiglass tank? Isn't that what this thread is about now?
Haha, it belongs to the University at Buffalo. I'm sure they would want over BV for it.

Pskell, I'll be sure to send you a pdf once its published. Should be done in August. I'm 60% done right now...cards have gone on the back burner, but still trying to sell some off to get some fresh stuff in.

Back to the topic at hand... Cards are heading to Ebay tonight.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Steve way to hijack your own thread! I gotta ask but given your referring to the flow regime of the Niagara, has anyone done any acoustic work on the river at different stages (water levels) to not only determine how much flow is being used in the vortex, but also the amount of force, etc being exerted? I think one of the guys here at work (Dave Holtschlag..if you need more contact info) did a flow study on the Detroit River (which is dredged and has multiple channels/islands plus other factors)

Hydrodynamic Simulation and Particle-Tracking Techniques for Identification of Source Areas to Public-Water Intakes on the St. Clair-Detroit River Waterway in the Great Lakes Basin

Abstract page of Holtschlag, David J., Atiq U. Syed, and Gregory W. Kennedy, 2003, Visualization of A Drifting Buoy deployment on Lake St. Clair within the Great Lakes Waterway from August 12-15, 2002

More reports available online, but if you want a quick list of Dave's reports..go to

List of Publications then scroll down to Holtschlag and you can see the titles and/or links to the reports.
Robert, acoustic measurement have been taken, as well as SONAR, but in the area I am working, the flow is way too turbulent and there is too much air entrained in the water to get any sort of accurate reading. The get of the Whirlpool is a US Coast Gaurd rated class 6 rapid. It is illegal for any sort of passenger boat to go into the rapid (although, that has never stopped some geologists I know).

I would love to talk to Dave and will read his reports, maybe they'll have some supporting data I can use in my thesis.