Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay member threatening me with negative feedback....what should I do????

An Ebay member who won my Patrick O'Sullivan Auto Patch said that his little brother bid the card up under his name while his Ebay page was on the screen. He asked me to offer it to the other higher bidders, which I did. They did not want the card and when I told him that I had no choice but for it to be his responsibility and that he would get an unpaid item strike and negative feedback if he didn't pay, he called my effort "moronic" and threatened me with negative feedback.

Can you guys please tell me how I should handle this?

By the way, if anyone is interested, it has a WICKED patch on it!

Thanks,

Rob
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

i think once you threatened negative feedback, you left yourself no outs. you should at least offer for him to pay your fees for non-payment. if eh won't..... file the NPB and take the negative.

or you can eat the fees if the negative will bother you that much.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

His in ability to control his little brother or his computer is not YOUR problem. I wouldn't give in. One glimmer of hope is that you could file a NPB alert and if he doesn't reply in 10 days (or maybe 7 days) before you give him the strike, Ebay will not allow him to post a neg. Otherwise give him the strike and the neg and if you get one in response, just reply to it and explain the situation logically and people will understand.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

TimC is right. I don't think you did anything wrong, Rob. I would try to get him to pay for the listing fees, though.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would start with filing the NPB, and then play it by ear from there, if he doesn't respond, then you can leave a neg without getting one in return. If he does respond then you pretty much have to play the game of watching your feedback to see if he tags you.

If you file the NPB you should get your fees back so no loss there, and i would only bet that it is not worth the headache of giving this jerk a minute more of your time.

Just wait before you relist to make sure the NPB doesn't guilt him into paying and then you will have two buyers and a brand new headache to deal with.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

isnt "threating" emails cause for termination of rights by Ebay? Given that and an NPB strike, that not only removes him from Ebay but gets your fees back, no?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
isnt "threating" emails cause for termination of rights by Ebay? Given that and an NPB strike, that not only removes him from Ebay but gets your fees back, no?
I had a guy threaten to come to my house and beat the crap out of me, to break into my house, to send letters to my neighbors telling them that I am a pedophile, to call the police and tell them I am running a meth lab and to stalk my wife at work, and as a PowerSeller I was able to talk to Trust and Safety directly over the phone and it took fifteen phone calls over the course of two weeks to get the guy a one week suspension.

So no, threatening to leave someone a negative feedback is not going to get you kicked off of eBay.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

This is an excellent reason to use a PO Box for check/MO payments, if you accept them. Lotsa nut cases out there, and I don't want people showing up at my doorstep. For about $50/year, depending on several post office-related reasons, you can rest easy, especially if you sleep on your porch.

Having a second address also comes in handy for things such as NPNs.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ron what kind of number do you need on the card ? I had it on my watch list but I left it go and went after soemthing else. PM me a number and I'll get back to you. Maybe we can work something out and save you all the hassle of dealing with that J.O.
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Message Sent...thanks!

Rob (not Ron)
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote