Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sporting News Prediction: Pens over Wings

from http://thepensblog.blogspot.com/2007...oves-pens.html

oh, and i don't see this happening this year, but maybe next. but then again, if they get hot, who knows.

Last edited by andrew13; 09-05-2007 at 08:14 PM.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think the Pens are going to be the chic' pic for alot of writers. Pens - Wings, talk about going out on a limb eh. Not that I'd be surprised if the Pens made the finals BUT I think they are a year away from the finals and one or two away from hoisting their first Cup.

As someone who reads the Sporting News because I STILL get it delivered for around .59 an issue under some college rate plan that I've had for years (according to them I've been in college longer than D-Day from Animal House) its always laughable at some of the predictions their writers make. Not sure how they can be covering and following a sport as a profession and be so clueless. Their college football predictions each week are a riot.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm figuring on an Anaheim v. Ottawa finals, with Anaheim winning in 6 games. They won't let Dustin Penner happen to them again.

On the other hand, how many qualifying offers do you think KLow is going to have to deal with in Edmonton. He had how many RFAs coming up next season and tried to swipe Vanek?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I think the Pens are going to be the chic' pic for alot of writers. Not that I'd be surprised if the Pens made the finals BUT I think they are a year away from the finals and one or two away from hoisting their first Cup.
I agree that the Pens will be a popular pick. But it's a long season. Injuries happen. They certainly have talent, but I'll go out on a limb and say they don't make it past the 1st playoff round, again. Here is part of the reason why:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin, from interview given 9-5-07
I feel that I am in a great shape coming into this season. When I started skating with Dynamo’s reserves I felt like I never left the ice even though I had a three month break.
Full interview can be found here: http://www.onfrozenblog.com/2007/08/...ed-to-fine-me/
The Caps are making it to the playoffs this year.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

Then who is Florida going to beat up on? We need you!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

LOLOL! I have giggle-tears running down my face from laughing. Great post! Don't worry, you'll have 8 opportunities to kick us around.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Hockey News picks Anaheim as the winner of the Cup with Ottawa in the finals. They also say the Flames will somehow win their division with Mike Keenan as coach with very little support. The Penguins are slated to finish in 4th place in the Easterm Conference. The Hockey News also feels the Red Wings will return to take the #1 seed in the Wastern Conference with Ottawa #1 in the East.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just saw the hockey news today. Not sure I believe in the Flames. Boston could be much better this year. I think Patrice Bergeron is going to make a quantum leap this year. You never know about junior scorers, they don't always translate, but I think he could score 40-50 goals this year and end with 100-120 points if his linemates are decent.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

i was reading hockeynews today as well. the yotes don't list Carcillo as a prospect or on their roster, yet the pens have him listed and he's their #8 prospect on a A+ ranked future. he's been off the team since feb.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
i was reading hockeynews today as well. the yotes don't list Carcillo as a prospect or on their roster, yet the pens have him listed and he's their #8 prospect on a A+ ranked future. he's been off the team since feb.
Carcillo isn't much of a prospect on any level, the Pens farm system depletion at this point probably led to the error. He wouldn't have made the top 10 Phoenix's system.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

carcillo is a beast. like avery or ruutu with better scoring ability. i loved the guy in WBS and hope to see him tearing it up in the NHL this season. also, pens farm system is far from depleted. wbs will be at the top of the heap again this year, they have a lot of solid players in college... they have probably 4-6 guys in the minors still who can become impact players.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
carcillo is a beast. like avery or ruutu with better scoring ability. i loved the guy in WBS and hope to see him tearing it up in the NHL this season. also, pens farm system is far from depleted. wbs will be at the top of the heap again this year, they have a lot of solid players in college... they have probably 4-6 guys in the minors still who can become impact players.
Name 3