Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,843
Default Where's all my Fleury haters????

Everyone was really quick to dismiss MA Fleury a few weeks ago but I don't hear that as much now. Maybe because he's 7-0-1 in his last 8 with a 1.60 GAA? Don't hear as much Pens hating as before either.....hmmmmm. The defense and goaltending are really starting to come on.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,136
Default

Are you a big fleury fan? If so, maybe you are interested in purchasing this for 18 dlvd. pm if so. thanks.

__________________
Check out jonnyg1014 on COMC
Great prices, will listen to all offers!
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/jonnyg1014/
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
goobers80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Most teams get a hot streak during the season, but it is only really about doing it in the spring!
goobers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobers80 View Post
Most teams get a hot streak during the season, but it is only really about doing it in the spring!
Guess you're talking about the Washington Capitals?
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
goobers80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Well, lazy Russians usually do not help in the Playoffs! So, yea the Capitals are a good choice for that. Not to mention their division is just terrible , lol. I should add that having a defense to carry your goalie like Chicago did last year helps too. Montreal had that, but could not score much at all.

It is just a shame Crosby does not have better wingers to play with, sorta like Iginla has never had a good center to play with. Anything can happen in the Playoffs, so it is all a guess anyways!
goobers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobers80 View Post
Well, lazy Russians usually do not help in the Playoffs! So, yea the Capitals are a good choice for that. Not to mention their division is just terrible , lol. I should add that having a defense to carry your goalie like Chicago did last year helps too. Montreal had that, but could not score much at all.

It is just a shame Crosby does not have better wingers to play with, sorta like Iginla has never had a good center to play with. Anything can happen in the Playoffs, so it is all a guess anyways!
o yeah if crosby had a team like gretzky did back in the 80's. crosby would be winning every award, every year. crosby is the modern version of gretzky, he just doesn't have the hall of fame roster.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,633
Default

Please don't insult Wayne Gretzky by saying Crosby is like him - that is the dumbest comment I've seen on these boards. Gretzky knew where the puck was going to be before anyone did. Crosby is one of the best players today, but he is not Wayne Gretzky - nobody is or ever will be. I love all the Pittsburgh fans on these boards either saying how great their team is or how wonderful a certain player is, but if something goes against them, its crybaby central (crybaby = Crosby when things are not going his way) But I welcome the posts - very entertaining for me. Talk to us in 10 years and maybe I'll listen about a comparison. Crosby is a long, long way from Lemieux so lets try and do that before Gretzky gets into the conversation. Wait a minute, don't want to insult Super Mario - try and get to Jagr's level first. Imagine Gretzky without a red line - how many more points would he have?
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
goobers80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Imagine Gretzky with better goaltending like today? It is a pretty moot point to argue to players from different eras. So many of Gretzky's goals came when goalies could not stop routine shots of today. And he was babied as he got older and nobody could touch him. A lot of people would put Lemieux ahead of Gretzky too. The NHL is the one who puts Crosby & Gretzky above the league and force them to be the face of the league.

Anyways, I am not even a Pittsburgh fan, but neither of the mentioned players are lazy Russians! You sound like a Flyers fan, lol. They seem to be the only ones to call Crosby a crybaby for one game, that he even admitted he was immature then. I am a Canucks fan, and I get to watch Henrik and Daniel get mauled everynight while they work their magic and neither complain nor say a word about it. That is called playing hockey in my book.
goobers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
Please don't insult Wayne Gretzky by saying Crosby is like him - that is the dumbest comment I've seen on these boards. Gretzky knew where the puck was going to be before anyone did. Crosby is one of the best players today, but he is not Wayne Gretzky - nobody is or ever will be. I love all the Pittsburgh fans on these boards either saying how great their team is or how wonderful a certain player is, but if something goes against them, its crybaby central (crybaby = Crosby when things are not going his way) But I welcome the posts - very entertaining for me. Talk to us in 10 years and maybe I'll listen about a comparison. Crosby is a long, long way from Lemieux so lets try and do that before Gretzky gets into the conversation. Wait a minute, don't want to insult Super Mario - try and get to Jagr's level first. Imagine Gretzky without a red line - how many more points would he have?
gretzky and lemieux would not dominate nohing without a supporting cast in this era. please. your like all the other dumb middle aged idiots who can't understand how much god dam easier lemieux and gretzky had it. even grant fuhr had 14 assists in one season LOL
you can even tell when gretz left EDM he didn't dominate nothing. he still had an immensely stacked LA roster.

when you compare lemieux and gretz to this era that's beyond overrating them. they might win a few awards, but nothing compared to the 80s and lemieux would not win anything being injured in this era unless he had a super strong supporting cast.
and you dont even watch hockey, when does crosby ''cry'' get off youtube you internet monkey.

i know people in your era are too stupid to comprehend how far hockey has advanced in every single aspect of the game. can't blame you, the education was pretty laughable.

in terms of talent, anyoone who actually knows hockey and has played at some level knows crosby has all of gretzkys tools and thensome. obviously no one will win as many awards as gretz and lemieux because of something called the salary cap. do you understand that?

Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 11-29-2010 at 04:15 AM.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Everyone was really quick to dismiss MA Fleury a few weeks ago but I don't hear that as much now. Maybe because he's 7-0-1 in his last 8 with a 1.60 GAA? Don't hear as much Pens hating as before either.....hmmmmm. The defense and goaltending are really starting to come on.
They are playing well
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,843
Default

Pens win again over the NYR 3-1 and are now 9-0-1 in their last 10 and tied the Flyers for 1st place.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Pens win again over the NYR 3-1 and are now 9-0-1 in their last 10 and tied the Flyers for 1st place.
Mr. Lemieux is smiling down from his luxury suite
__________________
If you give Panini business you deserve what you get
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
trailgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobers80 View Post
Well, lazy Russians usually do not help in the Playoffs! So, yea the Capitals are a good choice for that. Not to mention their division is just terrible , lol. I should add that having a defense to carry your goalie like Chicago did last year helps too. Montreal had that, but could not score much at all.
Just to be disagreeable....
Lazy (hurt, young, or inexperienced) players usually do not help in the Playoffs. I don't see how country of origin matters.
It totally sucks as a Caps fan to have regular season success (1983-1998, 2008-2010) and bomb in the Playoffs, but we won't quit trying.

The Southeast division may not include original six teams, but it's not terrible.
This season's current total divisional stats:

Atlantic: 130 pts/ 123 gp =1.06 points per game played
Southeast: 135 pts/ 119 gp =1.34 p/gp
Northeast: 120 pts/ 118 gp =1.02 p/gp

Granted the SE hasn't been terribly competative in its short history, but the Patrick division was.

No Fleury hating here. Slow start, but he has picked up his game.
__________________
Washington Capitals fan
"The lotus flower blooms most beautifully from the deepest and thickest mud"--Buddhist proverb

Last edited by trailgoat; 11-30-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Forgot something
trailgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
goobers80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Well, Russians have a reputation for being lazy and not willing to do any dirty work in the corners or come back on defense.. Ovechkin is obviously great offensively, but watching him skate back on defense is really like his skates suddenly weigh 100 pounds each. Yet, when he gets the puck going forward he has tons of will to skate then. I am just really only stating the obvious. The same goes for Kovalchuk and others. Even Pavel Bure was the same, and I think the coach got on him quite a bit for it.
goobers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brockport , New York
Posts: 1,791
Default

Its a long season.There will be many peaks and valleys during it.Enjoy the streak the Pens are on.But it only matters when April comes around!!!


Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 15,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clements View Post
Its a long season.There will be many peaks and valleys during it.Enjoy the streak the Pens are on.But it only matters when April comes around!!!


Kent
Exactly. Those peaks are great, but damn those valleys!
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,343
Default

I'll take #30 in Black and Gold please.

Just shut out the highest scoring team in the league. Oh, and it was his 5th shutout of the season.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
goobers80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 207
Default

He does play in the East! He is a great goalie either way, and reminds me of Hasek in how he just flops and hops and flips around to save pucks.
goobers80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,418
Default

Wow what a surprise, Pens are winning some games so Solt shows back up yapping away. Thanks for the update, now check the calendar, mine says December 2nd. With a 9-0-1 streak you'd think they'd be at least a few points up in the division LOL
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
SkyFire47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 459
Default

i'm not counting the last run of 10 games when you've got the hottest player in the league on fire offensively. where was Fleury when the Rangers beat the refs and scored a short handed goal to tie it up and win it in OT?

as i see it, Fleury's too young to debate how good he is or isn't at the moment. same goes to Price, Lundqvist, Mason and any other younger goalie. i don't recall anyone bragging when Fleury was on a mediocre Pens team and wasn't so spectacular prior to the offensive juggernauts of Crosby and Malkin coming on board.
__________________
ebay feedback - 1200+
HI feedback - 180 (235 total)
SCF feedback - 43
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,633
Default

Hey JohnnyBlaze - great grammar and spelling -I guess I am middle aged compared to your intelligent posts - no kidding the game has changed, but Crosby has played how many seasons? I'm not wasting my time looking at stats. They speak for themselves. With your logic, Unitas, Graham, Montana..etc would not be able to play in the NFL today. Is Crosby talented? Duh! (a word you can understand) So is Ovie, Malkin, Stamkos.... but they are not Gretzky or Lemieux and odds are they never will be.
I'm sure I've watched and played more hockey then you ever will, so you are the idiot. This started out as a post about Fleury who is playing great after being very suspect early on. Yeah, he is possibly a Top 5 goalie when he is at his best. And he was in their Cup run. I know Crosby had a pretty good supporting cast there as well, so your salary cap comment is ridiculous. Sorry this post has come to this, but I needed to respond. At least people like Solt and Goober above can post opinions without being offensive and going on a personal attack. Pretty sad when I have to defend Wayne Gretzky. Have a nice day!
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
Hey JohnnyBlaze - great grammar and spelling -I guess I am middle aged compared to your intelligent posts - no kidding the game has changed, but Crosby has played how many seasons? I'm not wasting my time looking at stats. They speak for themselves. With your logic, Unitas, Graham, Montana..etc would not be able to play in the NFL today. Is Crosby talented? Duh! (a word you can understand) So is Ovie, Malkin, Stamkos.... but they are not Gretzky or Lemieux and odds are they never will be.
I'm sure I've watched and played more hockey then you ever will, so you are the idiot. This started out as a post about Fleury who is playing great after being very suspect early on. Yeah, he is possibly a Top 5 goalie when he is at his best. And he was in their Cup run. I know Crosby had a pretty good supporting cast there as well, so your salary cap comment is ridiculous. Sorry this post has come to this, but I needed to respond. At least people like Solt and Goober above can post opinions without being offensive and going on a personal attack. Pretty sad when I have to defend Wayne Gretzky. Have a nice day!
IT doesn't matter how many seasons he has played numb nuts, he has gretzkys talent without a doubt. The salary cap comment is ridiculous? Good lord. Compare Gretzky's team to the other teams in his era and compare Crosby's team to his era. Everything I said about you is true, good lord. Gretzkys team in his era was 3x more stacked then the WSH capitals in today's era. Yeah people from your era are truly deranged, sorry but saying the salary cap isn't a huge negative confirms it.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,343
Default

Fleury who?

Tank Thomas has been just unconscious lately....in fact as I type this he just went Superman and made one of the greatest saves I have ever seen....

WOW!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Fleury who?

Tank Thomas has been just unconscious lately....in fact as I type this he just went Superman and made one of the greatest saves I have ever seen....

WOW!
Excellent. One thing the Bruins don't have - Sidney Crosby.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,343
Default

Nope. They have a younger, quicker phenom in Mr. Seguin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Excellent. One thing the Bruins don't have - Sidney Crosby.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.