Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini Peek: 2010-11 Pinnacle Hockey

Panini Peek: 2010-11 Pinnacle Hockey

December 17, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Three months from now, at a time when most young hipsters are smack dab in the middle of spring break, Panini America will be giving hockey purists the real reason to party with the serendipitous return of Pinnacle Hockey after 12 seasons away.

The March 16 release of 2010-11 Pinnacle Hockey will mark the celebrated reemergence to the market of one of the sport’s most revered brands, complete with many of those true-to-its-roots touches that made the franchise so popular in the first place, including Museum Collection parallels and Artist’s Proofs.

“The whole team has really bought into what we’re trying to do with Pinnacle, and I think it will show on every card,” says Al Muir, Panini America’s Hockey Brand Manager. “From the photography to the reinvention of the card back — seriously, you’ll want to check these out — this will be a base set that any hockey fan will want to spend hours with. On top of that, we’re cramming four autograph and/or memorabilia hits into every box. Then there’s the Museum Collection, the Artist’s Proofs, the Tough Times ’70s insert … every box should be a blast to bust. We think this is going to be the start of something really big.”

Indeed, to Muir’s point, every box of the product should yield four autograph or memorabilia cards, four Museum Collection parallels, four Ice Breakers Rookie Cards, one Artist’s Proof parallel and one Tough Times insert card. The autograph/memorabilia card lineup is bolstered by the likes of Pinnacle Threads, City Lights, Pinnacle Penmanship and Rookie Team Pinnacle Signatures to name four.

In all there are 50 Ice Breakers RCs on the checklist, including 20 that are autographed.

Enjoy the following preview images from the 2010-11 Pinnacle Hockey and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for more information on the product.

Panini Peek: 2010-11 Pinnacle Hockey The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, Epic fail here. Where is the dufex parallel? You can't tell me this is more expensive to make when the technology is 17 years older. Man Panini hockey has been disappointing this year. It takes a lot of suckage to make Upper Deck look good.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

My all time favorite insert set was from 93-94 pinnacle-it was the Masks with the dufex. I still have that Vanbiesbrouck card I pulled, I was about 12 at the time and all of my buddies tried to trade for that card. One of the top 3 favorite cards I own. I think I got it out of a jumbo pack back then for like 4 bucks.
stlbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Jesus...

I'm gonna re-sort my old Pinnacle from 92-93 with the 'anatomy breaking point' inserts and the GREEN rookie.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

100% UN-impressed
another 2 buck product with a 4-5 buck srp
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbuckeye View Post
My all time favorite insert set was from 93-94 pinnacle-it was the Masks with the dufex. I still have that Vanbiesbrouck card I pulled, I was about 12 at the time and all of my buddies tried to trade for that card. One of the top 3 favorite cards I own. I think I got it out of a jumbo pack back then for like 4 bucks.
I love the Masks from the mid 90's, too! My favorite hockey insert sets. Beautiful cards. Panini blew it.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

My Lemiux Artist Proof is still one of my favortie cards to this day.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Man Panini hockey has been disappointing this year. It takes a lot of suckage to make Upper Deck look good.
Well said KMD- what a huge disappoinment these jokers have been. I did not think anyone could be worse but I was wrong.
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote