Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,137
Default Anders Lindback

How in the world do you bench Anders Lindback if you're the coach. I get that Pekka Rinne is a fantastic goaltender, but I think you have to wait for Lindy to cool off first and if Lindy is what I (and others) think he really is, you have a hell of a trade chip in Rinne.

There's a ton of piss poor goaltending in the NHL and you can get a lot in trade for a good one.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Rinkwraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 4,023
Default

Lindback and Karlsson (CGY) are two cheaper rookies I am definitely watching this year. I just have a feeling one of these two will hold the Cup one year. Maybe not with the same team they are on now, but I have liked what I have seen so far from them.

And at 6-6" Lindback is giving Gustavssson a run at the "Monster" title.
__________________
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,137
Default

Yeah, its my argument about putting a sumo wrestler in the crease. OK, shoot the damn puck, good luck with that.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
How in the world do you bench Anders Lindback if you're the coach. I get that Pekka Rinne is a fantastic goaltender, but I think you have to wait for Lindy to cool off first and if Lindy is what I (and others) think he really is, you have a hell of a trade chip in Rinne.

There's a ton of piss poor goaltending in the NHL and you can get a lot in trade for a good one.
They didn't BENCH Lindback, they gave him a game off and said Rinne will be the #1 still. Fact is, he's played 6 games in a row now and he's only 22 years old. I'd imagine he'll play tomorrow night, no less.

Last year he played 42 games in the SEL, and 24 the year before that. He's young and he isn't a Brodeur-in-his-prime workhorse yet. No reason to risk it. Also, they're playing back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow, so they were probably going to split them anyways. They probably feel since Lindback has been better lately, it makes more sense to play him tomorrow night against the better Kings team (also within conference and thus more important).
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
They didn't BENCH Lindback, they gave him a game off and said Rinne will be the #1 still. Fact is, he's played 6 games in a row now and he's only 22 years old. I'd imagine he'll play tomorrow night, no less.

Last year he played 42 games in the SEL, and 24 the year before that. He's young and he isn't a Brodeur-in-his-prime workhorse yet. No reason to risk it. Also, they're playing back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow, so they were probably going to split them anyways. They probably feel since Lindback has been better lately, it makes more sense to play him tomorrow night against the better Kings team (also within conference and thus more important).

So you're saying that there doesn't need to be a #1. I don't bench a hot goaltender, I don't care if its back to back.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
So you're saying that there doesn't need to be a #1. I don't bench a hot goaltender, I don't care if its back to back.
That's why your not an NHL coach
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
So you're saying that there doesn't need to be a #1. I don't bench a hot goaltender, I don't care if its back to back.
He's 100% right. The Pens didn't bench Brent Johnson this year and he was amongst the leaders in GAA just to play Fleury because he's the #1 and gets paid more. Coaches are paid to win games with the best possible players at that point in time.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

I've been drinking the Lindback kool-aide since I put him on one of my fantasy teams about 3 weeks ago. The Preds system helps as he only faces about 27 SPG but a .931 save% is no joke. Rinne is solid as well so it's a good situation to have in Nashville. They'll give some coaches nightmares come playoff time again this year. If only they had more scoring punch up front.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I've been drinking the Lindback kool-aide since I put him on one of my fantasy teams about 3 weeks ago. The Preds system helps as he only faces about 27 SPG but a .931 save% is no joke. Rinne is solid as well so it's a good situation to have in Nashville. They'll give some coaches nightmares come playoff time again this year. If only they had more scoring punch up front.
Trade a goaltender to get some offense, it's a harlequin's choice.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.