Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anders Lindback

How in the world do you bench Anders Lindback if you're the coach. I get that Pekka Rinne is a fantastic goaltender, but I think you have to wait for Lindy to cool off first and if Lindy is what I (and others) think he really is, you have a hell of a trade chip in Rinne.

There's a ton of piss poor goaltending in the NHL and you can get a lot in trade for a good one.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lindback and Karlsson (CGY) are two cheaper rookies I am definitely watching this year. I just have a feeling one of these two will hold the Cup one year. Maybe not with the same team they are on now, but I have liked what I have seen so far from them.

And at 6-6" Lindback is giving Gustavssson a run at the "Monster" title.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, its my argument about putting a sumo wrestler in the crease. OK, shoot the damn puck, good luck with that.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
How in the world do you bench Anders Lindback if you're the coach. I get that Pekka Rinne is a fantastic goaltender, but I think you have to wait for Lindy to cool off first and if Lindy is what I (and others) think he really is, you have a hell of a trade chip in Rinne.

There's a ton of piss poor goaltending in the NHL and you can get a lot in trade for a good one.
They didn't BENCH Lindback, they gave him a game off and said Rinne will be the #1 still. Fact is, he's played 6 games in a row now and he's only 22 years old. I'd imagine he'll play tomorrow night, no less.

Last year he played 42 games in the SEL, and 24 the year before that. He's young and he isn't a Brodeur-in-his-prime workhorse yet. No reason to risk it. Also, they're playing back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow, so they were probably going to split them anyways. They probably feel since Lindback has been better lately, it makes more sense to play him tomorrow night against the better Kings team (also within conference and thus more important).
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
They didn't BENCH Lindback, they gave him a game off and said Rinne will be the #1 still. Fact is, he's played 6 games in a row now and he's only 22 years old. I'd imagine he'll play tomorrow night, no less.

Last year he played 42 games in the SEL, and 24 the year before that. He's young and he isn't a Brodeur-in-his-prime workhorse yet. No reason to risk it. Also, they're playing back-to-back games tonight and tomorrow, so they were probably going to split them anyways. They probably feel since Lindback has been better lately, it makes more sense to play him tomorrow night against the better Kings team (also within conference and thus more important).

So you're saying that there doesn't need to be a #1. I don't bench a hot goaltender, I don't care if its back to back.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
So you're saying that there doesn't need to be a #1. I don't bench a hot goaltender, I don't care if its back to back.
That's why your not an NHL coach
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
He's 100% right. The Pens didn't bench Brent Johnson this year and he was amongst the leaders in GAA just to play Fleury because he's the #1 and gets paid more. Coaches are paid to win games with the best possible players at that point in time.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've been drinking the Lindback kool-aide since I put him on one of my fantasy teams about 3 weeks ago. The Preds system helps as he only faces about 27 SPG but a .931 save% is no joke. Rinne is solid as well so it's a good situation to have in Nashville. They'll give some coaches nightmares come playoff time again this year. If only they had more scoring punch up front.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I've been drinking the Lindback kool-aide since I put him on one of my fantasy teams about 3 weeks ago. The Preds system helps as he only faces about 27 SPG but a .931 save% is no joke. Rinne is solid as well so it's a good situation to have in Nashville. They'll give some coaches nightmares come playoff time again this year. If only they had more scoring punch up front.
Trade a goaltender to get some offense, it's a harlequin's choice.