Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default subban destroys marchand

the bruins are my team . but i think this hit was legal, wasnt it ? either way this was brutal. wait for slow motion at the end of video

YouTube - PK Subban on Brad Marchand
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Looked legal...how did he NOT see that coming?

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awsome hit!! that's one you dream about if you play hockey. I know i do. Did they call a penelty, interference?
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasper33 View Post
Awsome hit!! that's one you dream about if you play hockey. I know i do. Did they call a penelty, interference?
No, in fact the only penalty that was assessed was a roughing penalty on the Bruins' Gregory Campbell for his reaction to the hit. Montreal scored on the power play.

Another good example of how not to react to a big legal hit.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looks like interference IMO. If he hit him with his shoulder it would have been fine, but he used his back to block him.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Looks like interference IMO. If he hit him with his shoulder it would have been fine, but he used his back to block him.
What? It's not interference when the player has the puck! C'mon man you should know the rules better than that. Technically, that was a hip check. If he hit him with his shoulder, Marchand would be a vegetable today.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Clean hit just delivered in an odd way...back first. Subban has it all, what a future for that kid.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

It is so funny when people say negative things about this phenom, Honestly that is perfectly legal of a hit it is a weird hit but legal it seems people in hockeyland are racist. I have seen ovechkin do worse and no one say that is illegal bla bla. Stop hating now i regret selling his 20th anni young gun That was a weird but pure talent hit going backwards and dropping someone like that. keep em coming kid it is what hockey is all about. plus fights goals etc etc
Old 12-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnccardz7282 View Post
It is so funny when people say negative things about this phenom, Honestly that is perfectly legal of a hit it is a weird hit but legal it seems people in hockeyland are racist. I have seen ovechkin do worse and no one say that is illegal bla bla. Stop hating now i regret selling his 20th anni young gun That was a weird but pure talent hit going backwards and dropping someone like that. keep em coming kid it is what hockey is all about. plus fights goals etc etc
Phenom? The guy has 11 points in 30 games. Only reason why his prices are high are because he plays for Montreal. I've never seen somebody hit a player with an open ice hit with their back turned, so that's why I thought it would be interference. So just because I disagree with your opinion I'm now a racist?...That's hilarious
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnccardz7282 View Post
Don't be "that guy" with the racist crap. Where did anyone hate on him in the thread ? Did you even read any of the other posts ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Legal hit, looked bad because he left his feet, but he didn't leave hit feet until after he made contact. Bruins players were right to stick up for their teammate, I don't think anyone was wrong here.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Legal hit, looked bad because he left his feet, but he didn't leave hit feet until after he made contact. Bruins players were right to stick up for their teammate, I don't think anyone was wrong here.
Just a clarification KMD. Old ways of hockey were that the next line shift would stick up for their teammate or that teammate would handle it personally later in the game. Now we are seeing melees after big clean hits which I personally don't agree with. Which version do you agree with?
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Just a clarification KMD. Old ways of hockey were that the next line shift would stick up for their teammate or that teammate would handle it personally later in the game. Now we are seeing melees after big clean hits which I personally don't agree with. Which version do you agree with?
I don't mind the melee, get it over with. Marchand didn't seem too upset with the hit, so I don't know why his teammates got their panties in a wad.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry i was not talking about people on this thread please do not take me that way but some players take some time to get points and such. I guess it was in philly where subban went wrong but you can not say the more the guy plays the better he will get? I have played hockey and other sports it is not everyone will dominate their rookie season just a few future stars can. The kid should have a good future if he does not lindros it, even if lindros did well. Some players are for the hit for example newbie like ovechkin,malkin,lindros etc not up to par with all because i just got back into hockey and some stay away as in crosby,gretzky and such i could be wrong upon the new guys like crosby may have to see more games. Sorry for the misunderstanding but how many black guys are in the nhl? If there is one talented one well i will not go there but you should get my drift i was not putting anyone who thought it was an illegal hit out there.I can see why maybe but he is a guy people are learning to hate.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Reminds me of how Rob Blake used to check. Using his booty, was his duty.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Seems to be concerning that Subban is getting into hot water with the players who are known for playing the game "right" like Mike Richards. If it was Steve Ott complaining no one would care.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

What?! P.K. is black?!!! He HAMMERED him! Awesome hit.