Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stolen Cards - Whole Collection Gone

I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this thread, but it needs to be mentioned for the card community and more importantly the Greater Vancouver Area.

My house was broken into July 30th at about 1:30 pm - EVERY SINGLE CARD IN MY PHOTOBUCKET HAS BEEN STOLEN BY THE THIEFS. Now the majority of them are numbered so recognizing them would be very easy if people were looking for them. If you go to card shows, flea markets or anywhere that people may be offering these cards please contact the police and/or myself. I have a police file # and want these schmucks hanged! Cards arent the only thing they took, many items of jewelry, electronics, cameras etc....

So please review my bucket and keep your eyes peeled! This is the end of the hobby for me, as I have no cards left.

Thanks

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Sellis75/

ALL CARDS STOLEN IN PHOTOBUCKET - IF SEEN CONTACT ME @604-839-3376 OR SURREY RCMP
Sellis75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Send to Becketts

The more people that know this info the better and someone might be able to help. I'm sure Becketts would not mind putting you in the front of their magazine somewhere especially if you had a sport specific collection. Sorry and good luck recovering anything.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I hope they catch the theives!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terry

make sure you post your photo bucket all over...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Im trying to get the word out to as many people as possible - will be attending shows and handing info out. Its a longshot, but who knows.

ALL CARDS STOLEN IN PHOTOBUCKET - IF SEEN CONTACT ME @604-839-3376 OR SURREY RCMP
Old 07-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

should create alerts on ebay for specific items too, if you haven't already
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

How do I send alerts?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

That sucks ! Will your homeowners ins. cover something like that ? Probably something alot of us should look into in the event of a robbery or even worse fire/flood.

I have Allstate for everything so if its not covered, I wonder how much more it would cost or if they even would insure something with such a volatile market. Where is Terry when you need him ?

Good luck man. Did you notify all the local card shops ? Best case scenario would be the idiots try to flip it fast in a local shop that you've already alerted.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

My insurance covers $2500 for cards - wont get anything near what its worth. (

Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am really sorry to hear about your collection being stolen. I hope they can catch these guys at some point. There are some insurance companies that specialize in sports cards and memoribilia. I am pretty sure putting the full value coverage onto your homeowners will significantly raise your premiums. Something to look into though. Glad I have dogs!
Chucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have dealt with a couple different homeowners insurance companies. When it comes to collectibles, you can raise the coverage for them, but the way I have seen claims handled when it was collectibles, cd's, records, etc. Unless the items were documented by a professional and paperwork to state exactly what the item was and how much it was worth, they have all been treated as a common item and replacement cost was figured out as number of items x average cost for a like kind item. For instance, say you had 500 records damaged in a fire, they would say you had 500 and say that they can go buy an average record from that time for $15.00 from "whatever" place, they would pay based on 500 records x $15.00 ea and that would be all it figured out to. No matter if one happened to be worth $1000.00. They would not pay more unless it was documented by a professional. Alot of companies may be different, but that is just what I have been told by the few I have dealt with.

Best of luck with catching whoever is responsible for this.
Kracker1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Once you post your information everywhere, your cards are bound to turn up. Seems things always wind up on eBay, and I bet that collection has been shopped already a handful of times. I wish you the best of luck in finding it and those who ripped it off. Within the next few weeks there is a good chance it may show up on the bay, just keep watching.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, I wil be checking Ebay regularly as well as Craigslist - I have a few 1/1's so they are very easy to notice, but many other cards are numbered very low. Actually, most of the cards I had were #'d......hopefully they screw up. If I see an item on Ebay, how should I proceed?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

There is a link on every item listing that says "Report This Item" or some such. It may be toward the bottom of the page. You get a laundry list of reasons to choose from why you are reporting it. But BEFORE you do this, show the item listing to local law enforcement. If eBay pulls the item, then you have no way to show it to them. Auctions ended early show up in Completed listings, but those that were pulled by eBay do not.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

The best way to proceed, especially if you have a police report and are working actively with the police, would be to notify them one of the cards you reported has shown up on eBay. They have direct contact information for eBay, and will be able to get ahold of someone there directly and have the listing pulled, as well as the sellers information handed over since they are indeed law enforcement. You can try emailing eBay, but response time is slow, and how do they know what you are saying is true? When local or better yet state police become involved, they will immediately take action.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote