Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey
Default Blowout Market Report

Folks- in case you dont get to the "Market Report" section of this new forum here are Chris' comments-posted yesterday..... "Just wanted to post some updated Trends....Lots of buying on the dealer level right now on 2005/06 HK products. If your looking for a Speculation play....05/06 Cup HK has already moved up to $3500 range and 05/06 Fleer hot prospects HK has moved up to $900.....a Few you may want to snag that may be the next movers may be 05/06 UD Rookie Update HK (Crosby is a $1800 card), 05/06 UD Ice HK (Crosby is a $3000 card and # 1 on the Beckett Hot List), 05/06 UD SPX HK. As I've mentioned in previous months...its just a matter of time before each of these 05/06 products takes a jump up. They will 1 by 1 start to gap up to the next level. Even Cup HK at this level could see $5K. Make your moves during the off season....as we get closer to the HK season...there will be none around."
"Also...06/07 The Cup HK is trading a very high levels. Dealers are paying close to $2200+ now to lock in any sort of quantity and still are not getting any. Every case that has come in here has gone out within 1 hour...look for this same trend for the 06/07 Exquisite Bskt release as with Cup hockey..........."

I know Chris has been banging the drum about the 5/6 products and I tend to agree though pulling the noted cards from RC Update and UD Ice (waaaay overproduced- thanks UD) is quite a longshot to say the least. SPx ( the last 5/6 UD Hky product produced at reasonable levels imho) might be the best shot since both cases I broke upon release had a Crosby jersey auto /499 in them...........hopefully 6/7 Cup will settle in the $2300-2500 case area- I dunno- only the market does I suppose...............
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

hot prospects and update both have sid redemptions in them don't they? they wouldn't be a hold product at all then. and the sid ice is like 1:87 cases for a level 1, and there's what, 7 of them? so that makes it about 1:610 cases have a sid. big shot in the dark there.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

UD Rookie Update has nowhere to go but up, and probably soon with the amount of talent in this crop. curious that I don't see an 06/07 Rook Upd on the release calendar though
mcq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq91 View Post
UD Rookie Update has nowhere to go but up, and probably soon with the amount of talent in this crop. curious that I don't see an 06/07 Rook Upd on the release calendar though
agreed- I thought it was decent product all in all- no release for 06/07 since I do recall that Beckett slammed it in their box break summary report mainly cause they got a box with an awful break and if memory serves " they thought the concept (of UD Rookie Update) had run its course". I do tend to agree it would certainly spice up the early season releases if the RCs from the prior spring were included the following season and not in late season issues. Especailly when UD is releasing hky products in July and August. I think those rules about RC inclusion/line in the sand date are still not what they should be concerning including a RC in a particular set. It annoys me and most everyone who follows the game somewhat closely to pull a RC of a guy only the most die hard fan knows. Personally I think these lifetime AHLers who get up for a "cup of coffee" late season ( or anytime for that matter) should play at in at least 15-20 games in the National league in order to have a card printed of them. Heck that can be the subject of a future thread- I would be interested to hear everyone's opinion on that.......
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

Getting a Crosby in two different SPx cases is pretty lucky. I think there were 2500 cases made, so getting one was 1:5 cases. Getting one in each of two happens 4% of the time.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Getting a Crosby in two different SPx cases is pretty lucky. I think there were 2500 cases made, so getting one was 1:5 cases. Getting one in each of two happens 4% of the time.
Man, you have no idea how much it excites me to see someone do proper match sometimes, lmao...

I am guessing most people would say you have a 10% chance, but few would know the actual calculation to derive the correct answer...

0.20 * 0.20 = 0.04 = 4%
Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
my translation of your post_ I better not push my luck with another SPX case- hard to believe that I beat the odds and Upper Deck gave me a decent break not once but twice.......actually that was the last 5/6 product I made money on- really took it in the shorts with Ice and SPA after that...........
Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq91 View Post
Might be the 1992 Bowman of hockey. Dustin Penner's rookie has already jumped out of that, and there are a lot of mid-level prospects there. Guys who could wind up being Mark Recchi type players. Enough of those and you have a lot of $5-10 rookie cards coming out of the box will make it run.

I still think 05-06 Upper Deck Series 2 is a buy right now, and I am single-handedly helping make sealed wax of that product scarce.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

there was no UD Ice this year was their? i don't remember hearing about it.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
there was no UD Ice this year was their? i don't remember hearing about it.
They released O-Pee-Chee and Mini-Jerseys this year. They changed it up. Hopefully Rookie Update and Ice return next year, along with O-Pee-Chee. I saw the release calendar, the first three up are Victory, Ultra, and MVP.

I'll probably do Ultra and MVP, the early information on these sets is pretty good.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

i don't know why they do victory. that stuff sucks. ultra would be nice if they held it til they could insert the rookies and make it a series to compete with base UD.

i've ordered 3 boxes of UD S1 from the local store. i think it could have a decent rookie class if angelo makes it out of camp, and kane and a few of th other biggies. plus a few good players came up late last season.