Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buy Kane or Toews?

I've purchased way too much Cup and haven't gotten any of the /99 rookies. I just know that if I ever do get one it won't be of the big three and it'll be an all white patch. I never really purchase singles, let alone really high end ones, but am considering one of the Blackhawks rookies. It'll be for my pc, but I'd obviously still like the one with the most upside. Oh, I do have a Kane /88 patch but it's all white.

Anyways, who is the better value right now?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

For profit a year or two down the road, you want a guy with a lower entry point. I think the 06-07 David Booth Cup rookie has a huge ceiling for one.

If I had to take one, I'd take the goal scorer, Kane.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've opened 6 cases and only got 1 Price and it was all white. Now I did pull some SUPER dual patch #/5 and dual auto shields to make up for it. I sent the Price in because of the edges and surface are all chipped. I'd say that since Kane had slightly better numbers last year, he's ahead, but not by much. If the Blackhawks stink this year, they're both going down!

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
For profit a year or two down the road, you want a guy with a lower entry point. I think the 06-07 David Booth Cup rookie has a huge ceiling for one.

If I had to take one, I'd take the goal scorer, Kane.
Well, I'm a Blackhawks fan...I guess from that stance either one is okay, but since it's so much money I'd like to pick the better player. I'm thinking it'll come down to the patches I can find.

*Great sig by the way!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Well, I'm a Blackhawks fan...I guess from that stance either one is okay, but since it's so much money I'd like to pick the better player. I'm thinking it'll come down to the patches I can find.

*Great sig by the way!
Those Blackhawks patch cards can be fantastic. Only team that might be better is Florida or Montreal.

I saw a few Blackhawk patches with 7 colors and some with the eye which were real cool too.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

My lcs just put out a bunch of hockey. I think 5 of the /99 rookies were pulled from there. It might cost me a little more but I'd like to see the card in person. They actually had a Kane I believe with the eye.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

I would be careful about patches of the eye. There have been several fake patches of the eye floating around. Here's the real one of Toews so you know what it should look like. Oh and I think Toews will be the better player on CHI. He was just named the team captain and had he not been hurt last year, he would have put up about the same number of points as Kane. He is more of a goal scorer than Kane but I don't think either will be a superstar. They should be the face of CHI for the next 5-10 years and maybe longer if they aren't traded.
Attached Thumbnails
Buy Kane or Toews?-toews_14_2225.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't think you can lose with either one.
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Don't remind me!!!! I got to choose 1 tin out of a sealed 3 box half case. The LCS owner told me to take a certain tin. I didn't. Next time back he told me another one of his regulars pulled a 7 Clr Toews #/99. My luck has been horrible ever since I pulled that 07 Topps Sterling Joe Dimaggio 8 piece relic #'ed 1/1. I still have sold that POS

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Damn, was it a lcs you frequent? If not, hopefully the guy just told you that to be a dick...or to bite on buying another tin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Don't remind me!!!! I got to choose 1 tin out of a sealed 3 box half case. The LCS owner told me to take a certain tin. I didn't. Next time back he told me another one of his regulars pulled a 7 Clr Toews #/99. My luck has been horrible ever since I pulled that 07 Topps Sterling Joe Dimaggio 8 piece relic #'ed 1/1. I still have sold that POS
Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Damn, was it a lcs you frequent? If not, hopefully the guy just told you that to be a dick...or to bite on buying another tin.
Nope. Thats my LCS. I go there all the time. Let me rephrase that. I went there all the time. I'm waiting for coldness to go away.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Check out the cards I have for trade, Thanks
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

What would you guys think would be a fair price for the Kane /99 that has the entire eye of the indian?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
What would you guys think would be a fair price for the Kane /99 that has the entire eye of the indian?
Card 52/99? This has been listed on the bay 5-7 times over the last few months. I think it may have sold once offline so I didn't get the ending price saved. The problem with that card is that it isn't obvious that the patch is actually the eye unless you compare it closely to the jersey. Any of the other patches with the green/yellow/blue are nicer if you ask me. IMO I'm not sure the eye patch commands much of a premium.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have a 07-08 Patrick Kane Hot Prospects RC auto numbered out of 199 that i think you would be interested in and the card is MINT. You can contact me at hockeyjaw2002@yahoo.ca

Post a picture of it please --MOD
paully56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Well, I did end up getting a Kane. It is the one with the entire eye. It'd be nice if it were more colorful, but I really wanted to be able to get one in person; it doesn't have any chipping and such.