Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Pens are WAXING the Flyers....AGAIN!

Anyone else watching this? 3-0 already...could get ugly.

solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Uh Oh! 3-2! :-(
Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Had to speak so soon lol. I'm watching online with the football game as background noise.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hartnell...what a jackass. Pens win in shootout!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Hell of a save by Sabu on the 3rd shot.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wax this Rob. Last time I checked it was only November. Little early to be crowing especially after your great team blew a 3-0 lead in about half a period. Nice couple of bounces to tie the game as well. All your big scores couldn't even put it past the worst shoot out goalie in the league. Don't know what you were watching but that game isn't anything to talk sh*t about. I think that hockey helmet you wore on the short bus was strapped on a bit tight when you were a kid.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Defense counts and Pittsburgh has little to speak of. If Sabourin hadn't stood on his head during the shootout Mike Richards would have won it in shot 3.

BTW, anyone notice that Simon Gagne is about as dangerous a player in the NHL as there is... I did.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Defense counts and Pittsburgh has little to speak of. If Sabourin hadn't stood on his head during the shootout Mike Richards would have won it in shot 3.

BTW, anyone notice that Simon Gagne is about as dangerous a player in the NHL as there is... I did.
Well Bam, a win is a win and it sucks that the Flyers were able to get a point in this game but I guess they will need all the points they can get considering they have one of the lowest point totals in the Eastern Conference....not a real good showing for a team that got pummeled in the Eastern Conference Finals last year.

KMD - Pittsburgh has little defense to speak of now because their #1 and #2 defenseman have been out all year so far. Talk to me about defense when Gonchar and Whitney come back. By then, Letang and Goligoski will be twice as good as they are now.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

"Waxed" "Pummelled ?" (LL BTW) What games are / were you watching ? BOTH games this year were OT contests and the only lopsided ECF game last year was the clincher. I know many Pens "fans" are rusty since they didn't watch the Pens from 00-01 til 05-06 but get a clue.

BTW the Flyers are missing 3 of their top 6 d-men since the season started (Hatch, Jones, Parent) AND Briere was out last night so please don't make excuses. A very bad play by Richards GAVE the Pens the tie late. Oh well, take the point and head to Montreal.

Like I said, its November. Get back to me when your team wins something that matters.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Are you honestly claiming Gonchar will improve your Defense? I have a bridge for sale.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
"Waxed" "Pummelled ?" (LL BTW) What games are / were you watching ? BOTH games this year were OT contests and the only lopsided ECF game last year was the clincher. I know many Pens "fans" are rusty since they didn't watch the Pens from 00-01 til 05-06 but get a clue.

BTW the Flyers are missing 3 of their top 6 d-men since the season started (Hatch, Jones, Parent) AND Briere was out last night so please don't make excuses. A very bad play by Richards GAVE the Pens the tie late. Oh well, take the point and head to Montreal.

Like I said, its November. Get back to me when your team wins something that matters.

Typical Flyers fan making excuses....the Pens had 2 of their top 6 defenseman out anyway, lost guys in free agency and are STILL in 2nd as of now. Parent stinks by the way - Sbisa is far better) and when Hatcher and Jones are 2 of your top defenseman, it's going to be a long season.

Oh the Pens won something that mattered last year....the Eastern Conference over the Flyers if you remember?

Obviously you haven't watched much of Gonchar last year, so we'll pretend that comment doesn't exist. I thought you knew more about hockey....
Old 11-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ryan Parent would be the #1 on your squad, even with Gonchar and Whitney healthy. Braydon Coburn would be too.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Ryan Parent would be the #1 on your squad, even with Gonchar and Whitney healthy. Braydon Coburn would be too.
HAHAHA! When you're serious about discussing hockey, let me know. Instead of making such ludicrous statements as that one!

Ok mr. lawyer....let me see you support that statement and argue for the fact that they are better than Gonchar, Whitney, Letang and Scuderi.

Who the hell is Ryan Parent anyway? Isn't he the one who couldn't crack their lineup last year but had to play because of injuries?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Typical Flyers fan making excuses....the Pens had 2 of their top 6 defenseman out anyway, lost guys in free agency and are STILL in 2nd as of now. Parent stinks by the way - Sbisa is far better) and when Hatcher and Jones are 2 of your top defenseman, it's going to be a long season.

Oh the Pens won something that mattered last year....the Eastern Conference over the Flyers if you remember?

Obviously you haven't watched much of Gonchar last year, so we'll pretend that comment doesn't exist. I thought you knew more about hockey....

OBVIOUSLY , if you can read your post , it was you who started crying about Gonchar and Whitney being hurt. Whats funny is the same Pens fans crying about Whitney being out where the same ones crying about how much he sucked last year when he played. Imagine that

Bottom line...did they win the Cup ??? No. Winning the EC means NOTHING. Kind of like the Eagles going to 4 straight NFC Championship games or the Bills losing 4 straight Superbowls. NOBODY CARES UNLESS YOU HOLD THE TROPHEY. Like I said ...WIN SOMETHING THAT MATTERS before you start yapping. You only make yourself look stupid with your "waxing" comments.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Bills losing 4 straight Superbowls.
Thanks for bringing up baaaaaaaaaaad memories...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry Steve - I'm not even a Bills fan and I get sick in my stomach when I see wide right and Everson Walls with his arms up. Matter of fact, I was pulling for the Bills in all 4 of those SBs since they were playing all the OTHER NFC East teams.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHAHA! When you're serious about discussing hockey, let me know. Instead of making such ludicrous statements as that one!

Ok mr. lawyer....let me see you support that statement and argue for the fact that they are better than Gonchar, Whitney, Letang and Scuderi.

Who the hell is Ryan Parent anyway? Isn't he the one who couldn't crack their lineup last year but had to play because of injuries?
Gonchar has more defensive lapses than Barack Obama has empty catch phrases wheras while he has fought injuries throughout his career, Ryan Parent has been rated the top or the #2 defensive prospect in his team's system, that produced Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

Ryan Whitney is also an offense first defenseman who has an injury bug. You need defense oriented defensemen in the Eastern Conference, we don't play the finesse game here.

Chris Letang is an average defenseman and don't get me started on Scuderi.

Penguins fans, you have a good team... not a great team, but a good team. A team that can put up a lot of goals quickly. It is also susceptible to giving up a lot of shots and potentially goal quickly as well because other than Malkin there isn't a forward on that team that is more than above average defensively.

Solt, opening 6 cases of hockey cards and reading the backs doesn't make you a hockey expert. It just proves you have strong wrists.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry Steve - I'm not even a Bills fan and I get sick in my stomach when I see wide right and Everson Walls with his arms up. Matter of fact, I was pulling for the Bills in all 4 of those SBs since they were playing all the OTHER NFC East teams.
It's all good Bammers, seeing that kick is like a dagger going into my heart. They were just so close....

I knew that this thread was going to be interesting when solt posted it, although I didn't know KMD was such an avid Flyers fan.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Gonchar has more defensive lapses than Barack Obama has empty catch phrases wheras while he has fought injuries throughout his career, Ryan Parent has been rated the top or the #2 defensive prospect in his team's system, that produced Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

Ryan Whitney is also an offense first defenseman who has an injury bug. You need defense oriented defensemen in the Eastern Conference, we don't play the finesse game here.

Penguins fans, you have a good team... not a great team, but a good team. A team that can put up a lot of goals quickly. It is also susceptible to giving up a lot of shots and potentially goal quickly as well because other than Malkin there isn't a forward on that team that is more than above average defensively.

Solt, opening 6 cases of hockey cards and reading the backs doesn't make you a hockey expert. It just proves you have strong wrists.
I am not ragging on anyone here but these are easily the Quotes of the day right here Those just made me laugh Nicely done KMD

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Your argument is invalid counselor and lacks facts and does not support your original statement. What you presented to me was your opinion about Whitney and Gonchar, not an explanation as to why Ryan Parent and Braydon Coburn would be the #1 and #2 defenseman on the Penguins. I want to know why they would be the best d-men on the Penguins. Give me stats, give me game watched footage, give me something other than a biased, weak opinion. Being the #2 prospect in a team's system means nothing to me. 31 other teams have a #2 prospect in their organization.

And as for your last hopeless comment, when I open 6 to 8 cases of cards, I don't have the time to read the backs. Actually, I read the backs of one of the Flyers cards and it said the Flyers haven't won a Stanley Cup in over 33 years....what a shame.

Last edited by solt0131; 11-14-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mr. Solt, if you can't see when tongue is planted in cheek, I can't help it. My opinion on Parent and Coburn is as valid as your's is for the Pittsburgh guys.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, I read the backs of one of the Flyers cards and it said the Flyers haven't won a Stanley Cup in over 33 years....what a shame.
I'm not a Flyer fan, I'm an Isles fan who spent time in the Montreal system (never had a card, never had a prayer), hence my affination with them. My Islanders are threatening to move Kansas City... again. I'd take the Flyers problems any day.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

Actually it doesn't matter if you're a fan of the Flyers or the Islanders because neither team has a chance to win in the next 5 years anyway.....let's make it ten for the Islanders. That's an awful organization....worse than the Pirates in baseball - and that's saying something.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually it doesn't matter if you're a fan of the Flyers or the Islanders because neither team has a chance to win in the next 5 years anyway.....let's make it ten for the Islanders. That's an awful organization....worse than the Pirates in baseball - and that's saying something.
Now that's opinion. Its probably accurate, I think Pittsburgh is going in the right direction and it is just going to take time. I don't get how a team with Maholm, Snell, Duke and Gorzelanny doesn't at least go .500.

The Flyers are a goaltender away from being a contender, and maybe that is Marty Biron or Antero Niittymaki but someone has to step up.

They could do what the Penguins did, and suck a$$ so long that they could draft four consecutive #1 or #2 picks. Then their fans can pretend like the Flyers own the world. Naah, its already been done, and I'm sticking to it, the Penguins don't get out of the second round this year without some improvement on the blue line.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

Guess Solt missed yesterdays game since he usually has a comment after every Flyers Pens game ? Oh wait almost forgot he has a tough time being objective and pouts after getting "waxed".

Check the standings rookie, I told you November is wayyyyy too early to be talking smack. I know some of you Pens fans didn't pay attention to hockey from the time Mario said farewell in a playoff series loss to Philly until 06-07 when Malkin showed up to make that team respectable but nobody talks sh*t in November.

I also know the Pens are hurting on the blue line, Philly has been all year as well, but Phillipe Boucher ? Hope you didn't give up anything decent for that puss. LMAO, just what you guys need, another soft checking dman who is always hurt. Pens better get some forwards. When they put Malkin and Cindy on the same line it weakens the rest of their lines a lot.

All I want is for BOTH teams (actually ALL playoff teams) to be 100% come playoff time and let the best team win. Should be like last year with seeds not shaking out til the last weeks in the East. Bruins, Caps, Habs and Rangers (although I expect them to fade in the standings a little) are all dangerous.