Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
anyone hear this today?

PENS WIN! PENS WIN! PENS WIN! and 2 on the PP! OMG! LOL
lucky if you ask me.

CAPS #1
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
ANOTHER ja HOW MANY DO WE HAVE ON THIS BOARD?
I'll start the count, you're number 1...

Ovechkin doesn't have the best shot in the league. He's not even top 5. Yes I'm a Pittsburgh homer but I won't argue Sid has the best shot. Best backhand maybe but not best shot. I would give Malkin some weight in that argument but still don't think he's the top. Heatley anyone? I don't get to see much in terms of west coast play but there's a handful of guys I'm thinking are more dangerous than your beloved as well.

A year ago everyone argued "but poor Ovy doesn't have any talent around him" and everyone somehow dismissed Backstrom and Semin as not having talent. Best shot in the league? I'll take Semin in that argument over Ovechkin any day of the week. Washington has a super super bright future as does Backstrom.

The argument was made that if assists didn't count from rebound goals Ovechkin would have 1/3 the assists. While true, and it's likely he'd have even less, the fact is he still got a puck to the net which creates a scoring chance so it should count as an assist. Just like the Ovechkinites will argue against some of Sid's assists being second assists and that they shouldn't count both created the play. There's no argument as to who sees and understand the game better. Crosby>Ovechkin in that respect all day, any day, the end. If you argue that you should watch more hockey. Savard is another one who really sees the game in slow motion and Malkin is starting to as well.

The topic of Ovechkin not taking cheapshots? Ever watched a Pens/Caps game recently? Their previous losses against Pittsburgh he's spent more time taking pointless runs at Malkin trying to take his head off because of his vendetta he has against Malkin than helping his team. Any shift Ovechkin would completely disregard any other facet of the game in order to try and kill Malkin. If you argue there was not malicious intent or he was out to injure you again do not watch enough hockey. His chip on his shoulder has done more to hurt his team than anything else and quite frankly it makes me wonder if he's hard to coach or that Hanlon and Boudreau just let him do whatever he wants on this ice.

The argument will never end until, well, it won't. Modern day Gretzky versus Lemieux argument that will continue after their careers are over. The Sid haters take the "we're sick of hearing about Crosby" arguments. Well I'd venture a guess that Sid and Pittsburgh fans are just of sick of hearing the "Ovechkin is the best", "Ovechkin doesn't have the talent Sid does", and every other argument so let's call it even in who's sick of hearing about who.

Flame me for making this my first post as I'm sure you will. Dismiss it as a "stoopid noob" and "pwn" me and whatever else or call me a "ja" or to "stfu" and "gtfo" but the argument I put forth was valid and you know it.
ChuckNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
I'll start the count, you're number 1...
Real good start ChuckNorris. Calling out a board member on post #1... stupid move.

Now to your comments. If you don't like the Sid-Alex argument, don't get involved in it. I don't like the argument because it will be moot two years from now and the argument will include Malkin, Backstrom, Brassard and Kessel. There is more young talent in the NHL now than I can remember and any of about ten players have a chance to be the best player on the planet two to three years from now.

My bet is Niklas Backstrom, but I wouldn't be shocked if Sid, Alex, Geno, Kessel or David Booth were in the conversation (DB has a long way to go but he is improving rapidly and it takes power forwards longer).
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Real good start ChuckNorris. Calling out a board member on post #1... stupid move.

Now to your comments. If you don't like the Sid-Alex argument, don't get involved in it. I don't like the argument because it will be moot two years from now and the argument will include Malkin, Backstrom, Brassard and Kessel. There is more young talent in the NHL now than I can remember and any of about ten players have a chance to be the best player on the planet two to three years from now.

My bet is Niklas Backstrom, but I wouldn't be shocked if Sid, Alex, Geno, Kessel or David Booth were in the conversation (DB has a long way to go but he is improving rapidly and it takes power forwards longer).
Right right, I know, I'm new so I bow to someone because they have more posts.. It's cool for him to call others an idiot though. Again, I'm the newbie so flame away.

It's an argument that will always exist and will always be impossible to win because a lot of it is opinion. Stats don't tell the entire tale so one can't simply rely on stat sheets to determine best. David Booth? I'd be really surprised if he was in the same argument 2-3 years from now. At the rate he's playing and improving Malkin might be the front runner in the argument. Unless Ovechkin ends his career sooner.

As for my stupid move, his candor in calling people "ja"s warranted it. Sorry my post count nullifies my rebuttal.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BUFFALOxBILLS

Quote:
Right right, I know, I'm new so I bow to someone because they have more posts.. It's cool for him to call others an idiot though. Again, I'm the newbie so flame away.

It's an argument that will always exist and will always be impossible to win because a lot of it is opinion. Stats don't tell the entire tale so one can't simply rely on stat sheets to determine best. David Booth? I'd be really surprised if he was in the same argument 2-3 years from now. At the rate he's playing and improving Malkin might be the front runner in the argument. Unless Ovechkin ends his career sooner.

As for my stupid move, his candor in calling people "ja"s warranted it. Sorry my post count nullifies my rebuttal.
This has nothing to do with your post count, that means absolutely nothing, its just if you want to have fun on here you shouldn't call out other board members with a first post, we want to have fun and be nice, no one is "flaming" you, don't worry around here everyones opinion is respected if you state it in a respectful way then you will get most likely get a respectful response

- Jon
-> 2007 Sweet Spot Helmet Autos /99
BUFFALOxBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALOxBILLS View Post
This has nothing to do with your post count, that means absolutely nothing, its just if you want to have fun on here you shouldn't call out other board members with a first post, we want to have fun and be nice, no one is "flaming" you, don't worry around here everyones opinion is respected if you state it in a respectful way then you will get most likely get a respectful response

- Jon
But if you had been around for a while, you'd know the inside stuff, which you don't, so I would suggest you tread softly until you figure out what is going on here.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
But if you had been around for a while, you'd know the inside stuff, which you don't, so I would suggest you tread softly until you figure out what is going on here.
I dont really understand what you mean, are you referring to this thread or the forum?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont really understand what you mean, are you referring to this thread or the forum?
The forum, and I don't really know you either come to think of it. I barely recognize this place anymore.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
The forum, and I don't really know you either come to think of it. I barely recognize this place anymore.
Well let me introduce myself, hi im Jon , i take it you are one of the guys here from day one, i was just telling him what ive experienced in my 4 months here, its seems even in the short period ive been here a lot of ppl have joined, its really growing fast
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Well, to me Crosby looks like the blond guy in Blades of Glory.
MikeDtonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

- Jon
So it IS OK for him to call members JAs and act as such but not OK for me to then make mention?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
So it IS OK for him to call members JAs and act as such but not OK for me to then make mention?
If you had been here more than five minutes you would have gotten the inside joke, but since you still have similac on your breath you didn't.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Its fine with me as long has you have valid points shoot away. I have no problem with your opinion as it is a very bad one, but its yours.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #39 (permalink)

I've always been a believer that they should only give one assist, the primary one, on goals. Way too many stat padders when giving a second assist. Many times the player getting the secondary assist isn't even in the offensive zone and did nothing more then dump the puck in the corner. If its a tic tac toe passing play then fine but way too many assists given just to the guy who touched the puck in some manner before a goal.

I do agree that Ovie does a lot of free wheeling head hunting and that hurts his team sometimes because he isn't focused on the game. He spent quite a few shifts trying to catch Richards and Carter with their heads down on Tuesday night and almost killed his own teammate on one attempt. He left his skates taking a run at Jeff Carter, Carter moves and he takes out I believe Clark who was back checking. If Clark didn't see him at the last second I think Clark might have been going to the DL with a concussion.

You can argue Ovie vrs. Crosby all day long but IMO Ovie has the more complete game and a much better shot. Plus Ovie will hammer you through the boards if you piss him off while Sid....well we all saw how Sid goes about letting off some steam the past couple of weeks. I'd take Malkin over Sid and argue who's better. Pens fans can all worship Sid and blame Malkin for taking shifts off or bad turnovers but I seriously doubt if Malkin was out with the ankle injury last year that Sid could carry them like Malkin did.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Its fine with me as long has you have valid points shoot away. I have no problem with your opinion as it is a very bad one, but its yours.
That's the beauty of an opinion. You have yours, I have mine, yet we're both wrong! LOL.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
That's the beauty of an opinion. You have yours, I have mine, yet we're both wrong! LOL.
Exactly.. I grew up and played hockey with Jeff Halpern (Capitals) now with Tampa Bay. So I play with him in the off season.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly.. I grew up and played hockey with Jeff Halpern (Capitals) now with Tampa Bay. So I play with him in the off season.
Sweet! Has he gifted any game-used stuff to you?

I'm Ron by the way man, no hard feelings.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Sweet! Has he gifted any game-used stuff to you?

I'm Ron by the way man, no hard feelings.
Just sticks and stuff, a few jerseys, I just got back into this card stuff part time not to long ago its a fun hobby.

yeah no doubt on the hard feelings. I just hate Crosby with a passion. I know he is very good player just so overhyped in my eyes and Ovechkin is my boy.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 01-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #44 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Nevermind

Last edited by jbellis74; 01-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Nevermind
Picture Sam Kinnison yelling at Rodney in Back to School....

SAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #46 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Haha it was a thread hi Jacking in the works. I was just going to ask what everyone thought of Nikolai Zherdev and Henrik Lundqvist being that im one of the Rangers fans on the board.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Haha it was a thread hi Jacking in the works. I was just going to ask what everyone thought of Nikolai Zherdev and Henrik Lundqvist being that im one of the Rangers fans on the board.
Lundy is one of the top if not the top goaltender in the NHL. Zherdev looks like a 50 goal guy at some point in his career and he has a nasty streak most Russians don't seem to have.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Just sticks and stuff, a few jerseys, I just got back into this card stuff part time not to long ago its a fun hobby.

yeah no doubt on the hard feelings. I just hate Crosby with a passion. I know he is very good player just so overhyped in my eyes and Ovechkin is my boy.
JUST sticks and a few jerseys? LOL. Nice.

I know Crosby is hyped to heck and back. I'm sure it gets tiresome in other cities. Living in Pittsburgh though...not so much! It's probably why so many in Pittsburgh hate Ovechkin because of the opposite side of the argument we hear from the Ovechkin fans.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Lundy is one of the top if not the top goaltender in the NHL. Zherdev looks like a 50 goal guy at some point in his career and he has a nasty streak most Russians don't seem to have.
As a Flyers fan it pains me to say this but I really like King Henrik. Check out this one from the PC :