Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crosby is Gutless - Nice Poster Boy NHL

If Crosby punching the guy in the nuts from behind while he was being held a week or so ago wasn't bad enough, now he jumps some kid on a faceoff that has no idea its even coming. I think he scratched him with his nails since he was bleeding from the nose a little.

What a douche ! Really sad that nobody on the Panthers took a third man in and cleaned his friggin clock. Pretty sure Cindy was begging for that game misconduct so he didn't have to take another shift.

The homer Pens anouncers are lauding him for "ragdolling" the kid but they really should be embarrassed. If you REALLY want to fight, take off the shield and challenge the guy. Jumping him when he is tkaing a faceoff and has his head down is gutless and pathetic. Looks like I have to dig this out again.....

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BUFFALOxBILLS

OMG that pic is hilarious....i dont care for Crosby either personally i think Ovechkin is the player in the NHL
-> 2007 Sweet Spot Helmet Autos /99
BUFFALOxBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALOxBILLS View Post
OMG that pic is hilarious....i dont care for Crosby either personally i think Ovechkin is the player in the NHL
THE REAL FACE OF THE NHL!!!

OVECHKIN............

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I am adding more later today
Old 01-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Bam - Did you even watch the game? He was being roughed up all game long. How much is one person supposed to take before getting fed up with it all? After the game there was an interview with him, where he said they were talking and the other guy said he wanted to go, but may not have thought he was being serious about it.

And don't talk about Ovie as being any better. He takes more cheapshots than anyone.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

Host Montreal takes four of six starting spots on East's All-Star roster - NHL - CBSSports.com Hockey

The NHL announced the starting lineups Saturday for the midseason classic, and the host Canadiens filled four of the six slots for the Eastern Conference.

Crosby and Malkin, teammates and linemates with the defending East champion Pittsburgh Penguins, both broke the record for the most votes and claimed two forward positions. They will be joined up front by Montreal's Alexei Kovalev.

Washington's Alex Ovechkin, the league's reigning MVP and second this season in goals and points entering Saturday, finished only sixth among Eastern Conference forwards in the voting -- which mystified his coach.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Bam - Did you even watch the game? He was being roughed up all game long. How much is one person supposed to take before getting fed up with it all? After the game there was an interview with him, where he said they were talking and the other guy said he wanted to go, but may not have thought he was being serious about it.

And don't talk about Ovie as being any better. He takes more cheapshots than anyone.
Ovie cheapshots LOL... Ovechkin is the true all around player. lmao you guys make me laugh with your crosby bulls..t

Last edited by ebacardi2; 01-04-2009 at 12:04 PM.
ebacardi2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
Host Montreal takes four of six starting spots on East's All-Star roster - NHL - CBSSports.com Hockey

The NHL announced the starting lineups Saturday for the midseason classic, and the host Canadiens filled four of the six slots for the Eastern Conference.

Crosby and Malkin, teammates and linemates with the defending East champion Pittsburgh Penguins, both broke the record for the most votes and claimed two forward positions. They will be joined up front by Montreal's Alexei Kovalev.

Washington's Alex Ovechkin, the league's reigning MVP and second this season in goals and points entering Saturday, finished only sixth among Eastern Conference forwards in the voting -- which mystified his coach.

How can you be mystified, canadians are a bunch of JA's and the way the voting goes is ridiculous. If I was ovechkin I would say I am not playing in a game that is BUllsh..t
Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Ovie cheapshots LOL... Ovechkin is the true all around player. lmao you guys make me laugh with your crosby bulls..t
I'm not getting all up in arms about Crosby. Ovie takes runs at guys constantly and hits high. How is that not a cheapshot. I'm not saying he isn't talanted. And I don't think that Crosby is the best player in the league. That goes to either Ovie or Malkin, which I think is a tossup.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Please, don't be such a friggin homer. Its hockey Pskell, people get hit all game long. Don't need to watch the game to know a gutless mugging when I see it. If you're getting "roughed up all game" as you say then drop the gloves, take off the shield and fight. Don't jump a guy on a faceoff and pull his sweater up like some little b*tch. Tap him with the stick after the draw and say lets go. If he really wants to go then drop the gloves.

After punching the guy in the nuts while he was being held last week, maybe I shouldn't be suprised by this. Crosby is gutless. So Crosby says afterwards "the guy wanted to go." Does that mean attacking him while he is face down taking a draw ? Shame on the Panthers for not taking a third man in on that one.

If I'm McLean, next game first shift he is getting his.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not getting all up in arms about Crosby. Ovie takes runs at guys constantly and hits high. How is that not a cheapshot. I'm not saying he isn't talanted. And I don't think that Crosby is the best player in the league. That goes to either Ovie or Malkin, which I think is a tossup.
The difference is Ovechkin is still learning the U.S. game as opposed to Europe where the do not get their panties in a wad over high hits, as opposed to Crosby smacking someone in the twig and berries.

Also, Ovechkin throws body checks and basically runs over anyone in his way and he takes his fair share of hits too. I didn't see Ovechkin diving during last season's playoffs, but I did see Crosby.

BTW, this Ovechkin-Crosby argument is going to be moot in a couple of years. The argument is going to be Malkin-Backstrom.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
The difference is Ovechkin is still learning the U.S. game as opposed to Europe where the do not get their panties in a wad over high hits, as opposed to Crosby smacking someone in the twig and berries.

Also, Ovechkin throws body checks and basically runs over anyone in his way and he takes his fair share of hits too. I didn't see Ovechkin diving during last season's playoffs, but I did see Crosby.

BTW, this Ovechkin-Crosby argument is going to be moot in a couple of years. The argument is going to be Malkin-Backstrom.
UNFORTUNETLY BACKSTROM WILL NEVER BE THE STAR OVIE IS JUST HIS SIDE KICK AND I LOVE BACKSTROM
Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
UNFORTUNETLY BACKSTROM WILL NEVER BE THE STAR OVIE IS JUST HIS SIDE KICK AND I LOVE BACKSTROM
That team was doing nothing until Mike Green and Niklas Backstrom got there. Ovie will be the star. But who would you rather have had back in the day, Adam Oates or Jarmoir Jagr?

BTW, McLean clearly had no idea what was going to happen, if Crosby wanted to send a message, Jay Bouwmeester was standing right there. McLean has always been a cerebral chess-player type player, even in the juniors. I had a few run ins with him back then as a player and he was always one or two plays ahead of me (which is why he's an NHL player and I'm not). The Brett McLean I knew back then wouldn't have wanted to be the guy who put Sid Crosby out of action because of a fight, that's why I'm positive McLean didn't expect that.

Either way, this is good for the NHL. The NHL needs a bad guy, and Sid Crosby, like Randy Savage, plays a lot better as a villain than a hero. Just embrace it Sid, go have a beer with Sean Avery and Daniel Carcillo.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BUFFALOxBILLS

Prue Talent...

-> 2007 Sweet Spot Helmet Autos /99
BUFFALOxBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

This is funny. If this is true that makes it even worse. Also makes sense with the Brett McLean I dealt with. He wasn't above pulling a Barnaby, and making the face of the NHL look like an imbecile would definitely qualify.

Crosby duped into instigator penalty? | Truth&Rumors | FanNation
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

The more and more everyone here takes shots at Crosby, just cements it in mind over and over that he's the best player in the NHL. If he was say, the 5th best player in the NHL, nobody would care or take shots at him the way you guys do. Everyone always wants to be the best and if they can't be the best, they are jealous and take shots at those who are (Crosby). Keep up the good work boys, I look forward to hearing more.

And if you think I'm wrong, just search for the amount of posts about Ovechkin, Malkin, Zetterberg, Stastny, Datsyuk, or Kane.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
The more and more everyone here takes shots at Crosby, just cements it in mind over and over that he's the best player in the NHL. If he was say, the 5th best player in the NHL, nobody would care or take shots at him the way you guys do. Everyone always wants to be the best and if they can't be the best, they are jealous and take shots at those who are (Crosby). Keep up the good work boys, I look forward to hearing more.

And if you think I'm wrong, just search for the amount of posts about Ovechkin, Malkin, Zetterberg, Stastny, Datsyuk, or Kane.

have of heard of little thing called brain washing? Crosby has been inbedded into the minds of all canadians and I guess people from pitt. The only reason people talk trash about crosby and his name gets mentioned so much is because people think for some reason he is the best and clearly he is not. If someone from somewhere other then pitt solt was to say this maybe I would listen but your biased and obviously abit crazy

By the way check out the stats:
Ovechkin
Stat Overview
SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG ATOI PROD
2008-09 38 27 26 53 12 44 240 11.3 7 12 1 0 5 23:00 16:29
Projected 78 55 53 109 25 90 492 11.3 14 25 2 0 10 23:00 16:29
Career 283 190 173 363 23 188 1503 12.6 66 79 4 0 29 -- --

Crosby
2008-09 39 15 35 50 6 51 120 12.5 2 17 0 1 1 22:17 17:22
Projected 82 32 74 105 13 107 252 12.5 4 36 0 2 2 22:17 17:22
Career 252 114 230 344 33 260 821 13.9 37 117 0 4 14

Last edited by ebacardi2; 01-04-2009 at 04:18 PM.
ebacardi2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
have of heard of little thing called brain washing? Crosby has been inbedded into the minds of all canadians and I guess people from pitt. The only reason people talk trash about crosby and his name gets mentioned so much is because people think for some reason he is the best and clearly he is not. If someone from somewhere other then pitt solt was to say this maybe I would listen but your biased and obviously abit crazy

By the way check out the stats:
Ovechkin
Stat Overview
2008-09 38 27 26 53 12 44 240 11.3 7 12 1 0 5 23:00 16:29
Projected 78 55 53 109 25 90 492 11.3 14 25 2 0 10 23:00 16:29
Career 283 190 173 363 23 188 1503 12.6 66 79 4 0 29 -- --

Crosby
2008-09 39 15 35 50 6 51 120 12.5 2 17 0 1 1 22:17 17:22
Projected 82 32 74 105 13 107 252 12.5 4 36 0 2 2 22:17 17:22
Career 252 114 230 344 33 260 821 13.9 37 117 0 4 14
Don't pull stats in the argument to show who is better. Highlighted in red is the reason why their stats should not be the determining factor. Ovie is going to take double the shots of Crosby. Care to take a guess at how many assists that he would have if shots that turned into rebounds didn't count as assists? I'm going to guess about 1/3 of what he is projected at.

Again, I'm not saying Crosby is better, but come up with something better than an inflated stat line.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't pull stats in the argument to show who is better. Highlighted in red is the reason why their stats should not be the determining factor. Ovie is going to take double the shots of Crosby. Care to take a guess at how many assists that he would have if shots that turned into rebounds didn't count as assists? I'm going to guess about 1/3 of what he is projected at.

Again, I'm not saying Crosby is better, but come up with something better than an inflated stat line.

of course he takes 2x the amount of shots on goal. he has the best shot in the league what else would he do??? and if they don't go in backstrom or semin or kozlov put it in the net. I don't see that you have a vaild argument here.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

If he has the best shot in the league, he would have a much higher shooting percentage. 12.6 to 13.9 career and 11.3 to 12.5 this year, both currently favoring Crosby. By your reasoning, Malkin should be considered to have the best shot, having a career 14.6 shooting percentage.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

WELL PUT Solt
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
WELL PUT Solt

ANOTHER ja HOW MANY DO WE HAVE ON THIS BOARD?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

LMAO - the only reason people mentioned Sid lately is because of the cheap, gutless play. How he didn't get suspended for the nut shots last week is beyond me ?

I think its pretty obvious he isn't even the best player on his own team let alone the NHL. I'm sure I speak not only for myself but others when I say hockey fans are tired of getting Crosby force fed by the league as the best player in the game. Nobody denies he has top 10 talent and he may be the best someday ( I doubt it but who knows) but enough about being the best until he proves it on the ice.

Some of you Pens fans are brainwashed homers. Jeff Carter has more goals then anyone last time I checked and plays tremendously in both ends of the ice but you don't see me posting he is the best palyer in the league or should be starting in the AS game. Get a grip on reality Solt and the Pens faithful. Your hero isn't exactly all he is hyped up to be so far.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
ANOTHER ja HOW MANY DO WE HAVE ON THIS BOARD?
1 forsure counting yourself
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yes, Ovie is great.... but don't forget about Gino
38stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

anyone hear this today?

PENS WIN! PENS WIN! PENS WIN! and 2 on the PP! OMG! LOL