Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Help Identifying These Cards, Please!

A buddy of mine has a pretty large collection consisting of mainly misc/inserts from the 1990s and early-mid 2000s. Along teh way he picked up misc lots in garage sales, flea markets, etc., so there is a lot of stuff that not even he could pin down.

Anyway, he's needing to move the collection now and I'm going to try and accomplish this for him, but in going through his inventory the following cards have me stumped (I'm going to keep the pics BIG so you can see the details that might help you identify them) :

1: Is this the Game Dated Parallel from 1997-98 Upper Deck?

2. Cannot find any listings in Beckett for Heads Up sets, so I have no idea on value of this parallel issue:

3. I know this is from 1998-99 Pacific Omega, but it is embossed with something that I think says "Toronto Spring Expo 1999". Is this a parallel issue?

4. More embossing like #3, but this one says something like "Pacific Trading Cards Philadelphia June 1999", I think?

5. Here are two examples of some sportflics-esque cards...no clue on set or value:

6. Some Reprints that I cannot pin down because they are not dated:

7. These do have a date, but is says 2001 In the Game, yet also has Parkhurst logo on back??

8. Says this is a Topps Reprint REF from 2008, but I cannot find a listing for it:

9. Two misc cards, the Sawchuk is very thin and has a High Liner logo on the back:

THANK YOU for any help you can provide in identifying sets and values. I'm going to be busy scanning a ton of stuff to start listing over the next few days from this collection.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

#5= 1996/97 Ud Mcdonald's
RIP MR.JEAN BÉLIVEAU
nflfans4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

#1 is not game dated - game dated have a black diamond foil finish
to it
the rest is nothing special

the pacific stamped stuff is from a show
the maf inserts is a pararrell but once again nothing to retire off of

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
A buddy of mine has a pretty large collection consisting of mainly misc/inserts from the 1990s and early-mid 2000s. Along teh way he picked up misc lots in garage sales, flea markets, etc., so there is a lot of stuff that not even he could pin down.

Anyway, he's needing to move the collection now and I'm going to try and accomplish this for him, but in going through his inventory the following cards have me stumped (I'm going to keep the pics BIG so you can see the details that might help you identify them) :

1: Is this the Game Dated Parallel from 1997-98 Upper Deck?

NO, it's the regular base version.

2. Cannot find any listings in Beckett for Heads Up sets, so I have no idea on value of this parallel issue:

Worth a dollar or two, tops.

3. I know this is from 1998-99 Pacific Omega, but it is embossed with something that I think says "Toronto Spring Expo 1999". Is this a parallel issue?

My HUGE guess is that this is a show sample from........The Toronto Spring Expo of 1999. Not worth much.

4. More embossing like #3, but this one says something like "Pacific Trading Cards Philadelphia June 1999", I think?

See #3...from a show in Philly.

5. Here are two examples of some sportflics-esque cards...no clue on set or value:

McDonalds...not worth much.

6. Some Reprints that I cannot pin down because they are not dated:

From Parkhurst (I believe in the 90's)...they have no value.

7. These do have a date, but is says 2001 In the Game, yet also has Parkhurst logo on back??

I'm guessing this is from 2001...In the Game bought the rights to the Parkhurst name. They are worthless.

8. Says this is a Topps Reprint REF from 2008, but I cannot find a listing for it:

Don't know about this...could maybe get a couple bucks if lucky.

9. Two misc cards, the Sawchuk is very thin and has a High Liner logo on the back:

Not sure which sets...doubt they are worth anything at all.

THANK YOU for any help you can provide in identifying sets and values. I'm going to be busy scanning a ton of stuff to start listing over the next few days from this collection.

Here you go, I've added my comments in the quote. If you're lucky, you might be able to get 10 bucks for all of them...if you are VERY lucky.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thx for the help, guys. Didn't expect them to amount to much (aside from the possibility that the first cards were infact the Game Day parallels), more curiousity since I could not pin thm down in Beckett.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Checkoutmycards.com can really help when trying to figure out some parallels.

# 2 is the LTD Hobby Parallel from Pacific. Nothing super special (think they were 1:2 packs). Given its Fleury's RC there may be some interest in it. Guessing print run's 250 or 299.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

The stamped cards would be from those shows that are stamped on them. Back in the day they would stamp one card per pack that were opened at there booth. Some of them would actually sell for good money back in the day. I have not tried to sell any in a long time, but you do have two of the more desirable players.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote