Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Registered Mail to Canada Question

Long story short......I REALLY HATE EBAY AND THEIR POLICIES. I mailed an item to Canada using registered mail on July 13. The buyer opens a case on July 21 for an item not received case. I check the customs number and it took from July 13 to July 29th to get out of the United States and through customs. On August 2 I look to see if the item has been delivered and it had. On August 3rd I look at my account and the individual had been credited the purchase amount and shipping $92.00. So I file a dispute with ebay showing that the item had been received on August 2nd and that they should reconsider their decision. Well of course they did not, so know I am out $92.00 and the card. Why the heck to I send it registered mail with proof of delivery and signature if they are going to side with the buyer? I am so pissed and will never send international again. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks...EBAY SUCKS!!
CODYJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Did you call paypal directly? I've had a few situation where calling them directly and talking with a person helped...

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Shame on the buyer for filing so quickly... Living in canada, I know it takes time sending and receiving across the border. If they did not offer the money back, they should be held accountable.
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would call them. I believe you did everything excactly as needed to prevent this from happening.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

EMI is the only way to ship international and be covered. The high cost (starts at $30) is more than enough of a reason to avoid shipping international.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

In addition to calling PayPal, contact the buyer and see if they will be honest and pay you. If they refuse to pay you, post here so everyone can block the buyer.
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Why not just send it fedex next day envelope? It costs $46 I think. You get an email or phone confirmation once the package has been dlvd. Their insurance is hands down the best in the business as well. I sent a package and insured it for $500. Person in AZ said they never got it after three days. He actually signed for it the very next day. I called them to tell them that he claimed it was never recieved. They dealt with the whole situation and not me. Unlike the Post office fed ex does all the work for you.

Whenever I have an auction for any card over $500, i ship fedex and pay for it. List it as the only way of sending.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I don't ship outside of the US but I always find myself with damn Hockey cards.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Why not just send it fedex next day envelope? It costs $46 I think. You get an email or phone confirmation once the package has been dlvd. Their insurance is hands down the best in the business as well. I sent a package and insured it for $500. Person in AZ said they never got it after three days. He actually signed for it the very next day. I called them to tell them that he claimed it was never recieved. They dealt with the whole situation and not me. Unlike the Post office fed ex does all the work for you.

Whenever I have an auction for any card over $500, i ship fedex and pay for it. List it as the only way of sending.
Bad advice for a card worth more than $1,000.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
Bad advice for a card worth more than $1,000.
Fedex gives you upto $500 insurance. The rest has to be bought. For for a $2500 card, insure for $2500. It will cost you shipping plus extra insurance. There is a cap there after. I dont know how much tho.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

This is direct from the Fedex website;

Shipments (packages or freight) containing all or part of the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of US$1,000:

Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes, but is not limited to, items (and their parts) such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statuary, sculpture and collector's items.
Film, photographic images (including photographic negatives), photographic chromes and photographic slides.
Any commodity that by its inherent nature is particularly susceptible to damage or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain.
Antiques, or any commodity that exhibits the style or fashion of a past era and whose history, age or rarity contributes to its value. These items include, but are not limited to, furniture, tableware and glassware.
Glassware, including, but not limited to, signs, mirrors, ceramics, porcelains, china, crystal, glass, framed glass, and any other commodity with similarly fragile qualities.
Plasma screens.
Jewelry, including, but not limited to, costume jewelry, watches and their parts, mount gems or stones (precious or semiprecious), industrial diamonds, and jewelry made of precious metal.
Furs, including, but not limited to, fur clothing, fur-trimmed clothing and fur pelts.
Precious metals, including, but not limited to, gold and silver bullion or dust, precipitates, or platinum (except as an integral part of electronic machinery).
Stocks, bonds, cash letters or cash equivalents, including, but not limited to, food stamps, postage stamps (not collectible), traveler's checks, lottery tickets, money orders, gift cards and gift certificates, prepaid calling cards (excluding those that require a code for activation), bond coupons, and bearer bonds.
Collector's items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia.
Guitars and other musical instruments that are more than 20 years old, and customized or personalized musical instruments.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

we need ebay id !!! its idiots like this clown that gives us (canadians) a bad rep ! i hope youll get full refund and continue to sell across border ! dont let a thief handicap you most of your potentiel buyer (for hockey cards) by not selling to canada!
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

i know this is an old thread but are international buyers actually paying for emi shipping? I ask because I have some what complete sets and am concerned that international buyers would be scared off from $35 for shipping.
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote