Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cup Booklet Cards

I'm excited about a lot of the things added to the Cup but I'm worried about the booklet cards. I'm wondering what other people think. I love the draft board books although how many more of those can they make? I assume they will be out of 10 (as stated) and not 25 (as pictured). I wish they had more veteran stuff, especially the dual shields, as booklets since they seem intent on adding them.

My main concern is the rookie booklets. Hopefully Upper Deck will keep that checklist very small. I don't want it to to be like 09 Exquiste Football where one of the guys didn't even make the team. Plus, the booklets will likely take the place of two hits which will be brutal if the checklist is too large. I hope, but doubt, that they will then cut down on the number of rookies in the standard sets like Limited logos, etc.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Well, think about it....

They can't be total scrubs because the total scrubs didn't go to the rookie event and they most likely didnt bother to go out and get GU stuff from them.

Id assume that all of the top guys will be in that set mixed in with some lesser but still tier 2-3 rookies. Id imagine that if they had a patch/auto card in the set in ultimate they will probably have another in the Cup. Thats how it was last year I believe.

If they have materials form these guys they will use it. Im sure they'll cut out some of the fluff but its not necessarily bad hitting cards of "lesser" players. I did 2 tins last year and I thought my best card was a Ryan Miller auto. Then Logan Couture and Michael Grabner blew up and I was holding 2 $100+ cards!

Last edited by bmc398; 08-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote