Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hockey Fans... My 2007/08 Sweet Shot Puck Signings Set

Only two cards short of the 85 I know for sure exist:

Unlisted Cards:

Short-prints (or otherwise very rare) cards include: Bobby Hull, Bobby Clarke, Dominik Hasek, Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik, Ilya Kovalchuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Evgeni Malkin, J.S Giguere, Patrick Kane, Patrice Bergeron, Vincent Lecavalier, Tony Esposito, and Wayne Gretzky.

If anybody has the Scotty Bowman or Jarome Iginla available please get in touch with me, and if anybody has proof of the Dickie Moore card or the unlisted Jean Beliveau that Beckett seems to think exists please let me know as well.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

07/08 Sweet Spot Scotty Bowman Auto Puck Signings SP - eBay (item 230323294581 end time Feb-09-09 11:41:17 PST)

Heres the Bowman I found..
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I couldnt find the Moore, Iginla, or the other one.

Good luck!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, I stumbled upon that Bowman a couple of hours ago and got a snipe set for it. Just a waiting game now

I also couldn't find an Iginla, and haven't since I started collecting this set back in August or so. Kind of hard to believe I'm almost down to the Iginla to finish the set when I've scored so many short-prints and unlisted cards.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Thanks, I stumbled upon that Bowman a couple of hours ago and got a snipe set for it. Just a waiting game now

I also couldn't find an Iginla, and haven't since I started collecting this set back in August or so. Kind of hard to believe I'm almost down to the Iginla to finish the set when I've scored so many short-prints and unlisted cards.
Wow, all that from just August?

Hope the Iginla comes on the Bay soon, I know Ill be checking in my spare time for it and you will get a PM from me when it comes.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Wow, all that from just August?

Hope the Iginla comes on the Bay soon, I know Ill be checking in my spare time for it and you will get a PM from me when it comes.
Thanks, I appreciate that! I have an army of people from numerous sites rooting for me and keeping an eye out for the last couple, I have already received about a half-dozen PMs about that Bowman since I set my snipe earlier today

And yeah, I didn't waste any time putting the set together. I started when I was collecting Gaborik, and I scored his SP for my collection. After I gave up Gaborik I kept picking up more Puck Signings, first Crosby, then Orr, then Howe, and before I knew it I was pulling in every card I could find. Someone offered me a shot at a Gretzky and another guy sold me his toughest ones (Hasek/Malkin/Giguere/etc) after he gave up collecting the set. I snagged a bunch more SPs on eBay and traded/bought the common ones in large numbers. There was a two week span where I received 23 cards, two or three a day. It has been a challenge, especially with so many SP cards and unlisted redemption replacements that leaked out, never really knowing how many of each card are out there puts the pressure on to grab the tough ones when you can

I emailed a whack of scans to Beckett for their "Have You Seen Me" list, so hopefully they will feature me in one of the new issues
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

That's a VERY impressive set!! Congratulations on the accomplishments so far. Good luck with the rest!!

If I find any of the missing cards, I'll be sure to let you know.
nephinfan is online now   Reply With Quote