Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default U.D. Card Damaged Question(s): Inside

Hi guys. I had bought a box of U.D. The Cup and received a three colored patch auto of Bobby Ryan. The edge was cracked. I emailed U.D. about it. They got back to me in a week. They asked me questions about the card, where I bought it, if I had the receipt, ect ect. Said once I send that information to them via email, they would send me an email back with a claim number to return the item and then they would go ahead with replacing it.

I sent the information to them and I never heard back. That was about 3 weeks ago. I sent them ANOTHER email just incase they lost the last one. NOTHING.

Anyone ever go through this process? Maybe some insider information would help me out. Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Steve
gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have been going round and round w/ them on an expired redemption. I forgot about it, and had a different employee write and ask if he could help. I e-mailed about 3 weeks ago, then replied again a few days ago because I never heard anything back. They are either swamped or lazy. Have you sent them photos or imagery of the damage to your card? That might help speed up the process. GL.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm waiting on some damaged cards to be replaced from The Cup too. I talked to UD CS yesterday and they said they are way behind. They said I should have cards within the next month.
kobe824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would try calling. I have never been able to get anywhere with e-mail to any of the card companies. Usually UD is prety good about answering there phones. Unless there out to lunch.
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

don't email. call them and get a case number.
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Just got off the phone with Upper Deck. (SO NICE THEY ANSWER THEIR PHONE, UNLIKE PANINI!)

They JUST had a meeting about damaged cards and what to do.

Here is their new line of thought:

1)- Let you keep the card and you can get ANOTHER card that would offset the value of the damage to the card

OR...

2)- You can send in the card but you will NOT get this years THE CUP Card back. You WILL get a card THAT HAS MORE VALUE that the one you send in.

I asked them how long it would take. He said they will be emailing me within the next two weeks and I can tell them my decision then.

Here is my dilema. I have a triple colored Patch Auto of BOBBY RYAN. How much do they normally go for? I think it is either numbered to 10 or 35 I cant remember but it is a short print.

The damage is a crack on the edge in about 1centimeters long and you can see a white zig zag about a centermeter long. The crack is from the edge of the card in the middle, which pushed up and thats why you see the crack on the card. Its not terrible by ANY means but I think i rather the more expensive card than trying to sell this one. Who knows, I might get a dozie

Anyways.. what do YOU think?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I got through to Panini too!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Here is my dilema. I have a triple colored Patch Auto of BOBBY RYAN. How much do they normally go for? I think it is either numbered to 10 or 35 I cant remember but it is a short print.
UD will not factor in the number of colors on the patch. They only look at what product it's from, who it is, what type of card it is, and what it's numbered to.
FrankieP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

So, if it is a PATCH auto card the value would be one way, versus a jersey auto card, no?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Always call, fast and easier than email.
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

yes sir. I DO appreciate it. Its funny, because the way he was saying it was like "Yeah we JUST had a meeting about this VERY THING!"

I found that to be sketchy