Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default Anyone watching the Wings -vs- Blues?

Just saw on a Pens forum that Hossa took a big shot and is/was on the ice motionless. Anyone see it happen and is he ok? Personal feelings aside, I hope he isn't seriously injured. I was looking for an online feed of the game, but came up empty.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Appears to be a neck injury, no information on the severity, but he did not lose consciousness or feeling so nothing permanent. Looks like Roman Polak didn't do anything dirty, just was unlucky, although not as unlucky as Hossa.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Just saw the replay on TSN (don't ask why I'm watching TSN) and Polak hit him about 10 feet from the boards. Hossa went down and slid head first, very hard, into the boards. They said he was on the ice for about 10 min before them got him on the cart. He did wave on his way out. Early speculation is a concussion and possible neck injury.

Thoughts on what this means for the Wings come playoff time?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am watching the game, the hit was not dirty at all...clean hit. Wish him all the best and hope that all is good cause we always need him playing. Sucks because we just got him back from a neck injury today too. They did take him to the hospital but they just announced that it was just precautionary and that he was ok. He didn't lose consciousness either. They talked to Kopecky who was talking to him while he was down on the ice. He said that Hossa was talking to him clearly and told him he would be ok. So thats all good signs. Hopefully he will be down for just some soreness for a short period of time.

If we were to lose him for the entire playoffs that would be a down for any team that had him. But I don't think it would kill us at all (didn't have him last year and we did fine with the same team). But I am not worrying about that right now, I think he will be back and healthy before the playoffs start.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos

Last edited by vortekv8; 03-03-2009 at 09:36 PM.
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

GREAT NEWS ANNOUNCED! Watching the game and they just announced that Hossa is still at the hospital but that the CT scan was negative and all other tests run have come back negative as well Best news I have heard all night! Glad to hear that it sounds like he will be fine and not seriously injured. Because that run into the boards was ugly to watch, so with the tests being negative....just great news for him and Wings fans

He is a GAMER and work horse!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Missed it, was watching the Flyers take out the Bruins in Boston again. Thats 2 straight wins over the best in the East in their own barn. I think Bostons only lost a handful of games at home and Philly handed them 2 of those loses. Now they need to find a way to solve the Devils tight checking come playoff time.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Per the converstation with Babs after the game. Hossa is perfectly fine and all tests he passed with flying colors. Babs said that Hossa asked the doctors if he was cleared to play against Colorado in the next game....what a beast! Babs laughed when he heard about this, but said Hossa could be playing with the team and that they might keep him out just for a game or so just to make sure he completely healthy and unscaved from the neck/head shot. But they will decide that later tonight and tomm.