Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Would your team want to play the Pens in the first round?

If your favorite team draws the Pens in round 1, are you going to be happy with that? Pretty much, this would be the Bruins, Caps, Devils, and Flyers.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
If your favorite team draws the Pens in round 1, are you going to be happy with that? Pretty much, this would be the Bruins, Caps, Devils, and Flyers.
Sure. Will see in about 20 games. Caps vs Pens.

I have no problem with the Caps playing anyone except NJ or Boston those would be the two teams I would worry about and maybe even Florida... but Pitts not this yr.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Sure. Will see in about 20 games. Caps vs Pens.

I have no problem with the Caps playing anyone except NJ or Boston those would be the two teams I would worry about and maybe even Florida... but Pitts not this yr.
Not worried about Philly ? You should be. Ovie has only 2 points in 3 games and Philly has outscored them 12-4 in regulation. Only Caps win was in a shootout after a 1-1 game.

NJ is the only team I worry about the Flyers playing. They still haven't figured out NJs forchecking system.

Pens are improved with Kunitz and Guerin but their D still blows and if Fleury doesn't stand on his head this year they're toast early.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pittsburgh end up as the 5th seed. Actually I would be more surprised if that didn't happen. There is also the distinct possibility (not probable, but possible) that they could catch Philly and end up as the 4th seed. I wouldn't mind seeing them play Washington at this point. Talk about the Pens D being rough, Washington's is falling apart with a goalie that couldn't stop a beach ball right now.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

JIK you guys missed my post :

Carcillo is a FLYER !!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

JIK????????? Must be that Jersey Talk
Old 03-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin98 View Post
JIK????????? Must be that Jersey Talk
no just being lazy

Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

lol hockey
hiimpaul123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pittsburgh end up as the 5th seed. Actually I would be more surprised if that didn't happen. There is also the distinct possibility (not probable, but possible) that they could catch Philly and end up as the 4th seed. I wouldn't mind seeing them play Washington at this point. Talk about the Pens D being rough, Washington's is falling apart with a goalie that couldn't stop a beach ball right now.
pskell obviously you have no clue about why the Caps last 2 games were well stinky... First Theodore had the flu still payed but obviuosly wasn't well. Maybe not an excuse but I will stick to it. 2nd game Sunday didn't play rookie goaltender did third game ever and gave up to many goals. The D played pretty bad but alot of good teams go through bad spells, where they stink for a few games here and there. Check the Red Wings last year they played some shitt. games coming down to the end of the season. Caps know they are well ahead and have been playing lazy hockey the last few games. They will pick up there game and play to the potential that got them to where they are today as we come down to the end of the season and going into the playoffs. Don't care who they play most likely will be Pitts or Florida.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 03-04-2009 at 05:49 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Not worried about Philly ? You should be. Ovie has only 2 points in 3 games and Philly has outscored them 12-4 in regulation. Only Caps win was in a shootout after a 1-1 game.

NJ is the only team I worry about the Flyers playing. They still haven't figured out NJs forchecking system.

Pens are improved with Kunitz and Guerin but their D still blows and if Fleury doesn't stand on his head this year they're toast early.

Not worried about philly because Caps won't play them, I am 100% sure
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
That would thrill me, considering we're the worst team in the league. Here comes Viktor Hedman with the #1 pick.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimpaul123 View Post
lol hockey
wow, for someone who's majority posts are anti-hockey and usually consisting of "hockey sucks", "lol hockey" ect. ..............You seem to spend an awful lot of time in the hockey sections on this board????????

It will be great when you actually make a post worth reading for once

Now back to the OP. As a Wings fan and a hockey fan in general I would love to see Pitt vs. Wash. just because of the rival of Ovie and Crosby. It always makes for a good game when those two are going at it. Philly is still a team that everyone should look out for. Boston has a great team but I would be hoping that goaltending holds up (which it has been great all year) because that is really what is holding that team up in the #1 spot (and they have been slipping more and more lately). NJ, is always a top team in the East and one team I would be looking out for in the playoffs.
Good luck though to all the East fans

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote