Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Question for the Ebay Vets!

So i sold the skinner to some one on the bay with (0) feed back. and i normally dont allow this but he payed immediatly. I pm'd him askign if he has any other valid feedback on any sites esp Cnc since he is from Kitchener Canada. He has yet to reply to any thing i sent . And i have recently gotten into it pretty hard with a guy over sniping MY huberdeau Pc cards from me and trying to turn around and come back to me charging an arm and a leg more. So i just wanna make sure im not gettign scammed in any way possible here. What can i do to 110% not allow this to happen.

thanks guys Corey H

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Item^
Hous3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

My suggestion? Print the label through ebay, get signature confirmation and buy ShipCover insurance for the 2.50 or whatever.

If he paid immediately then the only thing you're worried about is paypal disputes and doing what I said above should cover you on that.
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

perfect im already going with insurance and sig! thanks bud
Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Good stuff. I'm glad you sold (and at a very fair price). I was interested in your card at one time, but didn't have the funds. I hope everything works out.
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
Good stuff. I'm glad you sold (and at a very fair price). I was interested in your card at one time, but didn't have the funds. I hope everything works out.
Ya i thought it was a Pretty solid deal for both. Im not looking to get rich Doing this ( Wrong Hobby huh ). Just helping eachother out. I just wish every one else had the same attitude. Once People know you collect some one specific. Look out . The Sharks come flying out the wood works and its soo easy to see. I liked that hes from Kitchner as well.

Any way thanks for the help
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

It's always tough selling to an eBay member with zero feedback. I have sold to a few and they never paid. Not any trouble with disputes, in this case. But one important thing to remember is we all started on eBay with a zero feedback at one time. My feeling is everyone deserves a chance. Plus the guy paid immediately so that's a good sign.
Like the other replies read though, I would definitely cover yourself and purchase insurance. Good luck!
I used to do alot of box breaks on eBay but I stopped because people disputed when they received nothing and won. Even though the item description clearly stated there are not guarantees to receiving a card. They paid for a slot in a break. It was properly delivered EVERY time. I have since stopped doing for that reason.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Be Careful

Not sure where you live, but if you are in the US and shipping to a non-U.S. address you would need global express mail to obtain the tracking number. From my experience, that is the only form that paypal will accept as proof if a disbute is filed against you.

Registered mail, sig confirm will not work. Paypal will still favor the buyer. Insurance is good, but you will have to go through the post office which might take FOREVER!!!

I make it my policy that anything over $35.00 will be shipped GEM... no exceptions... It is listed in my auctions, so no suprise to the intl buyers...so far, I have only one incident where the buyer claimed not receiving my item and filed a dispute...I sent in my proof and the dispute ended in my favor both ebay and paypal... I recommend this to everyone that I've talked to... it might detract some buyers, but I rather be safe then sorry....
wegoingsizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Let us know what happens with this!
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote