Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
matts_cardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 5,260
Default

need to look harder, its a 1 color yellow patch from the emblem or number
__________________
ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE!!

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Yea they were all patches. I died a little inside when I sealed the bubble mailer going to coal.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
coaltowncards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA
Posts: 1,042
Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Yea they were all patches. I died a little inside when I sealed the bubble mailer going to coal.
#3/5 is for sale right now 400035958704

We all would have died a little if you would have pulled that. What a shame....How could you not send that back....Good for PC???

Very sorry for the mini hi-jack
__________________
I NEED MY AVATAR 08-09 SP Game Used TM-MF Marc-Andre Fleury Team Marks letter 'E'
coaltowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

My bad, I ment QUAD patch!
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston/beantown/Bahsun,MA
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Does anyone remember how tough these were to pull?




Or this?




Those are probably my best pulls




lol, i always removed the protective shield when i was little because i couldnt read the card
__________________
COLLECT: PATRICK KANE/ SIDNEY CROSBY/ EVEGENI MALKIN/ PHIL KESSEL/DAVID KREJCI/PATRICE BERGERON/ AND ROOKIE AUTO/JERSEYS/ OR JUST NICE PATCHES

WOHOO CLASS OF 2009 HERE!!!!! (High school next yr)
Bruinsbreaka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston/beantown/Bahsun,MA
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
ahh yes when I was a kid I remember the boxes for xmas, etc....I never got an allowance though

seeing boxes of Ice, SP game used, and the cup all tied together unopened at 12:00midnight ahhhh! gives u a great feeling inside knowing you WILL get some mojo
__________________
COLLECT: PATRICK KANE/ SIDNEY CROSBY/ EVEGENI MALKIN/ PHIL KESSEL/DAVID KREJCI/PATRICE BERGERON/ AND ROOKIE AUTO/JERSEYS/ OR JUST NICE PATCHES

WOHOO CLASS OF 2009 HERE!!!!! (High school next yr)
Bruinsbreaka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsbreaka81 View Post
lol, i always removed the protective shield when i was little because i couldnt read the card
Never got an answer about whether or not it was bad to take those off, so I didn't.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Never got an answer about whether or not it was bad to take those off, so I didn't.
Lol, so if I told you it was bad, would you take all your top loaders of your cards?
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerama View Post
Lol, so if I told you it was bad, would you take all your top loaders of your cards?
You were 4 when they were putting protective coatings like this on cards, so that's why you don't get it.

Believe it or not, there was a huge debate on whether or not to take the protective coating off of cards. I didn't, but my brother and some of my friends did. The question was whether or not it was a mint card or not if you took the protective coating off. Was the protective coating part of the card, which was my argument, or part of the wrapper, which was my brother's argument.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,443
Default

If I got doubles of a card, I would pull the coating off the extra card so that I could really enjoy it when I was a kid. I dared not pull the film off of my non-doubles back then, but now a days if I happen to pick up a card in a deal and it has the film on it I pull it off without hesitation.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Malkin 1/1 base card from the Cup last year.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
You were 4 when they were putting protective coatings like this on cards, so that's why you don't get it.

Believe it or not, there was a huge debate on whether or not to take the protective coating off of cards. I didn't, but my brother and some of my friends did. The question was whether or not it was a mint card or not if you took the protective coating off. Was the protective coating part of the card, which was my argument, or part of the wrapper, which was my brother's argument.
What? Really? People did not put anything to protect their cards?! Do your friends still keep their cards unprotected?
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Malkin 1/1 base card from the Cup last year.
Sweet, thats an awesome pull!
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Default 05-06 The Cup Sydney Crosby Rookie Auto 1/1 Plate

I pulled a 1/1 Sydney Crosby Rookie Auto out of 05-06 The Cup. It was the printing plate for 05-06 UD SPX that year autographed.

Last edited by Spiderssoccer14; 03-13-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Spiderssoccer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elkins, WV
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerama View Post
What? Really? People did not put anything to protect their cards?! Do your friends still keep their cards unprotected?

Wow...I think you are totally missing what these cards were.....It was just a peel off film on top of the card...The cards were very glossy and the film on top was to keep them from getting scratched.....The many of corners of cards I have messed up trying to get the film off. I still have a bunch of the Finest basketball with the film on them, I wonder if it will come off or has adhered to the card.

Last edited by thebear29; 03-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Wow...I think you are totally missing what these cards were.....It was just a peel off film on top of the card...The cards were very glossy and the film on top was to keep them from getting scratched.....The many of corners of cards I have messed up trying to get the film off. I still have a bunch of the Finest basketball with the film on them, I wonder if it will come off or has adhered to the card.
Oh...I never knew...
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.