Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I can now call myself the dad of a hockey fan

So I decided it was time for my daughter to go to her first Kings game in about three years or so last Monday, which ended up being a shutout of the Sharks She cheered on our team throughout the game without ever complaining of boredom because she was really into the game. She also shot mean glares at the Sharks fans behind us who were cheering on San Jose. At one point, there was a goal that was Kings' disallowed after a review by an evil official in Toronto. This led to most of the crowd chanting B.S. in its fullest form. My daughter decided that she would follow the crowd and started chanting with them in her loudest voice. I was shocked to hear her say that, but I had to let it slide because the Kings fan in me was proud of her recognizing a bad call. At that moment, I knew that my kiddo is going to end up becoming a great hockey fan.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great story, love to hear stuff like this and people getting involved with the game.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Dont get to excited. My now 8 year old used to love watching the Avalanche games with me and we went to 4 or 5 together the last few years. This year she has really lost interest. Although she did want to watch the game with me last night which made me feel great. My 4 year old watched for about 5 minutes and then went to play in her bedroom. Im hoping my 8 year old is back into it now like she used to be.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good stuff brother, now wait until she hits a Bruins game with uncle Rink behind the opposing goalie....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Good for you bro, charish those moments before she decides to defy you and you spend the next ten years trying to keep her off the pole.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Good stuff brother, now wait until she hits a Bruins game with uncle Rink behind the opposing goalie....
I am sure she would learn things that would make even a sailor blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Good for you bro, charish those moments before she decides to defy you and you spend the next ten years trying to keep her off the pole.
Like Chris Rock said, my only job in life is to keep my daughter off the pole.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I am sure she would learn things that would make even a sailor blush.
Nah, I watch my language with kids, we just learn the fine aspects of the game like yelling "tap your stick if you like little boys" right before the goalie lets his team know the PP is almost over
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Way to go dude. I had to accept that both of my girls are going to be Flyer fans. That is exceedingly superior to them being Justin Bieber fans.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Way to go dude. I had to accept that both of my girls are going to be Flyer fans. That is exceedingly superior to them being Justin Bieber fans.
Sir, you must turn them away from the darkside before it is too late