Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Griswold/Rinkwraith Contest Entry #3

This one comes courtesy of Kings.....

It’s Christmas time again, and every year it seems that at least one obnoxious relative shows up on Clark’s doorstep to celebrate with the Griswold clan. Be it cousin Eddie, aunt Bethany, or uncle Lewis, somebody ends up showing up to make Clark’s Christmas a bit more festive….to put it nicely. It seems that every family has the one relative that not everybody is so happy to see show up during the holidays. So, Clark wants to know which member of your family seems to be more akin to a stocking full of coal than one full of treats during the yuletide season. [Ed. note; please note it was Kings' idea to use the picture of the in-laws, not mine, thanks]

Name the relative who makes you hit the eggnog during the holiday season

Your motivation comes courtesy of Kings as well as he is generously donating ;
An autographed puck of Marc Staal

Deadline will be Friday 12/11 at 8pm.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I will actually say none, the reason to drink for me is because I usually spend my birthday (22nd) and Christmas by myself for most of the day. My mother is too far away and I haven't seen her in years, and I'm just not too high on this time of year (too many bad memories)

So I guess the person who makes me want to drink on the holiday is myself
Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hands down, it would have to be my aunt. She just brings the drama everywhere she goes and always tries to start something with someone over the smallest thing...
Old 12-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

My great aunt. She also feeds raccoons on her porch, and calls them "her boys".
Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have to say my Aunt when she is at my Grandma's, she is so darn greedy!!!
rgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I gave up drinking 2 years ago. But if I had to choose, it would be my cousin Justin! We are born on the same day and same year!
bertsplace820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nice to see so many entries so far. But where are the juicy details
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

One of my grandmother's brother's entire family. They bring their liberal views into every conversation and argue nonstop with anyone who has different political opinions than them.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Aunt Darlene - she's soooo poor, but moving to Florida, loud, obnoxious, she's sends me friends requestS on facebook and I keep ignoring/denying her...leave me be!

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Any of my in-laws with the exception of my sister-in-law, who is the only sane one on my soon to be ex-wife's side. Having to hear about how great Obama is and how awful Bush was for one more holiday season is going to make me want to fall of the wagon, I won't, but I sure would be tempted to.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

Definitely my in-laws. We spend the whole day talking about huntin'. I use the term "we" loosely as I have never spent one second out in the wilderness with a gun in my hand....
Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sadly enough, my parents remind me of Cousin Eddie and Catherine. lol. They dont ever bring anything and look for stuff in return and only show up at the most inconveinent times and very few times a year like at Christmas when they are not invited lol. They also do farming and have the grungy look. Luckily they dont have an RV or I would have some worries.
Thanks for the contest, and Clark, keep up handing out these great prizes, they r goooooooooo..ooood (as Eddie would say)
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

My sister-in-law, you know the one who speaks in 3rd person and laughs the loudest at her own "jokes". She also knows just about everything because she went to college for 5 minutes. She makes me want to shove pencils into my ears. I can't wait for christmas to be over some years because of her!
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

This is a good one:
We have a 80ish year old grandmother, who hates being alone. So when my grandfather died a few years ago, she started "dating". She ended up with THE most annoying 69 year old man that you could ever meet. He is an incredibly irrating person (racist, talks funny, dumb), and different family members get into arguments with him every holliday. My mom and aunt (my grandmothers' daughters), despise him. But, they say "he keeps her happy and entertained" so they let it fly.

As a HUGGGEEE Ny RANGERS fan, thanks for the contest!!!

password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Do I have to pick just one?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

My creepy second cousin. She has a way of always making everyone feel very uncomfortable around her. OnE year she walked out of Christmas and gave all the cousins the middle finger as she waived good buy. She also likes to make it a habit to bad mouth family on facebook. Every time I see her, I need a tall Scotch Rocks.

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

My sister...I love her but she is all complaints and stress....def a Debbie downer!!!
mickdapug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Mine would have to be any of my stepbrothers or my stepsister, with the exception of the youngest stepbrother. They are all greedy, self-absorbed individuals that bring everybody else down with them during the holidays. It's gotten to the point that I don't even go to our group get together when they're around. I keep my distance from all of them.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Do I have to pick just one?
Nope. Let the roll call of holiday pain in the butts rip.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hands down it's my loser cousin Linda. She is a druggie and stole $25,000 of my late great Grandfather's money and all of my uncles guns a few years ago to sell for drug money. 45 years old, doesn't work and lives with my aunt and uncle. They of course could never actually believe Linda would take the money or the guns. Of course I'm pretty sure my Aunt was in on the cash heist or at least knew of it and is protecting the worthless p.o.s.

Just typing this up makes me want to start drinking and unfortunately that can't start until 3:45.

Thanks for the great contests!!
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Got to be my Aunt Nancy. She is sweet as anything but cross her path and watch out. She is notorious for making family members skip holidays when she is there.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Hands down it's my loser cousin Linda. She is a druggie and stole $25,000 of my late great Grandfather's money and all of my uncles guns a few years ago to sell for drug money. 45 years old, doesn't work and lives with my aunt and uncle. They of course could never actually believe Linda would take the money or the guns. Of course I'm pretty sure my Aunt was in on the cash heist or at least knew of it and is protecting the worthless p.o.s.

Just typing this up makes me want to start drinking and unfortunately that can't start until 3:45.

Thanks for the great contests!!
Is she single?!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Hands, down....I drink by myself. enough said!
rotoworld0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #24 (permalink)

My uncle, no doubt about it. He's always complaining about how screwed up Christmas and Easter are (those are the only times I see him). He also has a pretty screwed up knees, but refuses to get any help for them (even though it's free here). Those knees are a huge pain because he goes to the bathroom 20 times an hour!
All that man does is complain and piss. We watch a new christmas movie: "they never show the classics!". We watch an old christmas movie: "why don't they show the new movies!"

Heck, we were watching TV when one of those Christmas donation ads came on. He then went on to curse at the tv for ten minutes, and storm out the door without a coat or shoes. What a messed up man.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'll chime in on this just to bump it up. The holiday pariah in my family is my uncle Danny. My family used to gather at my grandparents house for the holidays, and he would sometimes show up with little or no notice. He mooches, ties up the phone, lounges about all day, and eats, eats, and eats. There have actually been times when everyone agreed not to answer the door if we knew he was coming because once he gets his foot in the door, he becomes an immovable object that won't leave....ever. Plus, his idea of greeting my wife for the first time a few Christmases ago was to kiss her on the lips. My wife thought he was going to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek just like some of my other relatives had done, so she wasn't prepared. Because of that, I got blamed and she was pissed at me all day, which made for quite a wonderful day during that holiday vacation. Heck, one year, his and his ex-wife's idea of a good Christmas present for me was a pair of peach....yes, peach....colored thermal underwear.