Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Uh-Oh....Crosby

Crosby takes out Kunitz and skates off on one foot....

Edit: Stays on the bench so good news there...

Edit 2.0: And back in the game...

Last edited by BostonNut; 12-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Holy Jebus...Paille annihilates Malkin....
Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Crosby = golf with lindros and friends
JaxDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dear Buffalo...paying attention?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Bruins are just unbeatable right now.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is still a game. Pitt has the mo and two goals is nothing for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Bruins are just unbeatable right now.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Boston was really really good tonight. Not that it would have mattered tonight with as well as the Bruins were playing, but the Pens are really hurting without 3 of their top 6 defensemen, Letang specifically.

My hart skipped a beat twice on the back to back shifts where Crosby and Malkin went down. The team has been fighting major injuries since 2009 and Malkin and/or Crosby going down again would be just terrible.

I think these 2 teams are the class of the Conference. Pretty sure the Eastern Conference is either going to run through Pittsburgh or Boston.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

We all know Hockey is a game of streaks, my only concern now is can the Bruins continue to dominate the way they have for the past month, probably not but I still see 100+ points and home ice throughout the playoffs, Thomas was his usual solid tonight, a good test on the road against one of the best in the Conference, definitely a game that proves this team has all the pieces to repeat!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

If we are making excuses then it's a wonder Boston won at all last night with that horrid officiating. TWO extended 5 on 3's? On the second one a Pens player was clearly holding a Bruins player's stick for five seconds right in front of the ref.

I understand the home team gets the calls but yikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Boston was really really good tonight. Not that it would have mattered tonight with as well as the Bruins were playing, but the Pens are really hurting without 3 of their top 6 defensemen, Letang specifically.

My hart skipped a beat twice on the back to back shifts where Crosby and Malkin went down. The team has been fighting major injuries since 2009 and Malkin and/or Crosby going down again would be just terrible.

I think these 2 teams are the class of the Conference. Pretty sure the Eastern Conference is either going to run through Pittsburgh or Boston.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
If we are making excuses then it's a wonder Boston won at all last night with that horrid officiating. TWO extended 5 on 3's? On the second one a Pens player was clearly holding a Bruins player's stick for five seconds right in front of the ref.

I understand the home team gets the calls but yikes...
One of the reasons Boston won is because the Pens were playing with 3 AHL defenseman. How about you guys replace Chara, Boychuk and Seidenberg with your 3 best AHL d-men and let's play some hockey.....
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

What did 3 AHL defensemen have to do with not scoring on TWO extended 5 on 3's?

Seems like a team as offensively stacked as Pittsburgh should easily bury those two chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
One of the reasons Boston won is because the Pens were playing with 3 AHL defenseman. How about you guys replace Chara, Boychuk and Seidenberg with your 3 best AHL d-men and let's play some hockey.....
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
What did 3 AHL defensemen have to do with not scoring on TWO extended 5 on 3's?

Seems like a team as offensively stacked as Pittsburgh should easily bury those two chances.
Without 3 AHL defenseman, that game is either in OT or won by Pittsburgh.

And by the way, Brad Marchand is the biggest d-bag in the entire NHL. His time is coming too.....
Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

And if the Bruins had Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr, and Mario Lemieux that game is over in the first period. I can play that game too.

What's wrong with Marchand? At least he mans up and drops the gloves unlike some agitators around the league...

Quote:
Without 3 AHL defenseman, that game is either in OT or won by Pittsburgh.

And by the way, Brad Marchand is the biggest d-bag in the entire NHL. His time is coming too.....
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sidney Crosby out again:

He has some lingering issues from the concussion related symptoms and will not play against the Flyers or the Islanders. He's undergoing more tests and the tests taken already have shown nothing serious as of now.

More to come.....
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Sidney Crosby out again:

He has some lingering issues from the concussion related symptoms and will not play against the Flyers or the Islanders. He's undergoing more tests and the tests taken already have shown nothing serious as of now.

More to come.....
Do you mean more excuses to come, as to why they lost, don't poke the Bear or you will get hurt! HaHa unfortunately you can't blame Marchand for the hit, it was Sids' D-bag teammate Kunitz who put Sid the Kid back on the shelf!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ho hum Flyers picking up where they left off last year with another win over the Penguins. Something like 5-1-1 in the last 7, it's just like old times

Dominated the game for two periods but obviously ran out of gas a little in the third after playing the night before to make it closer than it should have been but still got the two points. Please no crying and excuses about the three AHLers on D since the Flyers had two of their own and have played anywhere from 5 to 7 rookies just about all year.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

B-b-b-b-b-b-ut.....Crosby didn't play! If he did the Penguins DOMINATE or win in OT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Ho hum Flyers picking up where they left off last year with another win over the Penguins. Something like 5-1-1 in the last 7, it's just like old times

Dominated the game for two periods but obviously ran out of gas a little in the third after playing the night before to make it closer than it should have been but still got the two points. Please no crying and excuses about the three AHLers on D since the Flyers had two of their own and have played anywhere from 5 to 7 rookies just about all year.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
B-b-b-b-b-b-ut.....Crosby didn't play! If he did the Penguins DOMINATE or win in OT.....
Yea that's the ticket! It was that time of the month and mgmt. felt it best to let Sidney get his beauty rest.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Solty might be whining about no Malkin as well after he threw a wild elbow at the head of Giroux last night that luckily missed. If Shanny sees this one I don't see how he can't give him at the very least one game as a warning. Amazing with all the whining coming out of Pittsburgh about head shots and you see this :

Evgeni Malkin Goes Headhunting on Claude Giroux, Misses

Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

The Flyers looked awesome last night. Best team in the NHL by far this season. Big time goaltending, solid forwards and spectacular D-play. No reason to think they won't take home the Stanley Cup this year. Expectations must be very high in Philly now. Bryzgalov was the free agent signing of the year! I was really impressed.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
The Flyers looked awesome last night. Best team in the NHL by far this season. Big time goaltending, solid forwards and spectacular D-play. No reason to think they won't take home the Stanley Cup this year. Expectations must be very high in Philly now. Bryzgalov was the free agent signing of the year! I was really impressed.
I'd have been more impressed if it were against a better quality opponent like the Bruins for instance but all in all it was good considering the circumstances.

Expectations are always high when it comes to a perennial contender like the Flyers. It's not like in other cities where there are long periods of having no hope because the team is terrible and nobody cares enough to bother watching them. Can't imagine going into season after season just hoping to make things interesting until at least the All Star break.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

If I were Crosby and I wasn't sure I'd sit against the Flyboys and the Islanders. Those two teams can flat out bang. Michael Haley isn't going to worry about the future of the NHL centerpiece when he throws a hit.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

I am a HUGE PENS fan but thomas was stellar in that game, props to him and the bruins team for playing a hard physical game.

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
where there are long periods of having no hope because the team is terrible and nobody cares enough to bother watching them. Can't imagine going into season after season just hoping to make things interesting until at least the All Star break.
Must be tough being a 76ers fan......
Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Must be tough being a 76ers fan......
I wouldn't know but I'm sure you can relate with any team over there besides the Steelers.