Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Rinkwraith/Griswold contest entry #8

This one courtesy of our guest referee mmbtvs...

Ah. Snot.....how would we rid the house of squirrels without you....

1) Let's see a pic of your furry friend at home who occasionally might yak up a bone or lay into like a Mississppi leg hound, but is always your best friend during the holidays (absolutely no pictures of the set on your dog allowed)

or

2) Tell me about the animal chasing misadventures of your furry companion

Deadline is Wednesday 12/21 at 7pm. Winners raffle will then happen after final two contests on Wednesday.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have a pic of her, but I once had a dog for about 4 months. We decided to let her stay with her mom and siblings until she grew up a bit more. Well, that turned out to be a very bad idea because she learned how to chase down and kill chickens with her mom and some of the other puppies from her litter. This resulted in the mother dog's owner getting rid of all the chicken killing dogs without giving my mother a chance to at least bringing my pup home. So basically, my dog never even got to come live with me because of its killer misadventures.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

We have a lot of mice for some reason. Our cat would always carry it around the house in her mouth until she found either my wife or I and then drop it at our feet.

I trained the cat to follow me with it in her mouth and then drop it in the toilet. (She is an indoor kitty so that's why she can't bring it outside.)

A little inhumane? I guess but it gets the job done! I love my smart kitty!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

When i was about 10 years old we had a dog named snoopy. Well he was my little buddy. One day i stole a lighter from my parents and called my brothers to come with me outside. I said "watch this guys" and lit my dog on fire. I never seen a dog run so fast in a perfect circle in all my life. I didn't expect him to light up the way he did, i thought i would burn a few hairs (for some dumb reason) and that would be the end of it. I felt terrible after that. He was still loyal after that, he would bark at certain shady characters if they got to close to me. Now that is a real best friend! I still miss that dog
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've never had an issue with her chasing other animals...just her wandering off and away from me...she never chased cats after the one we have inside let her know who was in charge...
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
2) Tell me about the animal chasing misadventures of your furry companion
Let me preface this by saying... you asked for it! A fun tale for the holidays...

One night I let Buc, our Jack Rusell (pictured below with Merlin), out to go to the bathroom. He darted out the door like a bat out of hell into the darkness. Then I heard a horrible screeching sound. Turns out he had chased a rabbit through the chain link fence. Problem is the rabbit git caught in the fence. Buc didn't mess with him, just chased him down and backed off at this point. So I tried pulling the rabbit back out and all it did was scream, there was no way he was getting out the way he went in. So I had to push him through. I learned that rabbit skin is very thin and peels right off. So as I pushed him through not only did his skin peel back but all his guts started coming out. Needless to say he didn't make it. Was one of the worst things I ever had to do.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is our family dog Bruno. REALLY was against getting a Chihuahua. But this dog is so chill and go, he's pretty awesome. Knows when to play and when to just sit on your lap and watch a movie. He's getting a little pudgy but I love visiting the little guy on X-mas. Hope it doesn't count as negative points for loving a girly dog. Thanks for the contest!!

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

ok im at work so i had to take a picture of a picture from my phone, but we have a Lhasa. He doesn't really chase any animals because he doesn't have free reign of the neighborhood, he mostly just chases my son (1 yrs old) around the house. When he starts running hard he growls the whole time and it makes my son laugh like crazy, so that just makes me happy when they are playing.

And Rusty (the dog) does love to open his own christmas presents, he tears into those things like crazy, it's always a good time.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bump it up. Let's see those canines.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default As we like to call them "My Three Sons".

These are our 3 dogs from left to right...Ace, Duke, and Rocky. The only animal chasing around our house is by Duke but he is never able to catch anything, so we thought. Last week my daughter called me and said there was a dead rabbit in our front yard missing some body parts. I said ok I'll clean it up when I get home. Needless to say she calls me about 15 minutes later that Duke had vomited hair and guts...nice! She had to clean that mess up! Ace will not chase animals as he only plays with his "racquet balls" and "sneakers" when no one is home. Rocky is older and only likes to lay around...his chasing days are behind him. We also have a cat but the dogs don't bother him.

coalregion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

The best animal misadventure was my son's hamster somehow weaseling his way out the cage and the fun of trying to locate and catch him. Would always be one funny time!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

his defense mechanism when he doesn't want to be picked up is to lay on his back with all 4 legs in the air. while doing so, he PEES hoping to hit you! hahaha
rotoworld0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

My animal misadentures have slowed down a bit, but used to occur every time I let the dog outside (especially before he got snipped). My parents live on a farm so every time I am home I let my yellow lab out to run around, and often times it turns into a multi-hour chase through the wilderness and the creation of lost and found flyers before we get him back.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry no pics but we let our Terrior, Igor and rescue Greyhound out in our fenced in backyard one evening. Took just a few seconds and we hear this barking and then howling. Turns out there was a skunk in the backyard. The Greyhound got hit once and got out of there. The Terrior just kept barking and growling not realizing that this was not going well for him. It finally sinks in (emphasis on sinks and stinks) to him that he is getting drilled and he retreats. Yard stunk for a week, and it took about 3 baths to ease the stench on the dogs. Every time they would run around outside though the smell would start coming back. That lasted for a month or so. Not fun for the aftermath smell but pretty funny watching the different reactions of the two dogs. Hopefully never again though.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

It's almost 7 p.m. pst. Any last minute entries?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Okay, sorry for the delay guys.....my holiday travel plans got screwed up and ended up leaving yesterday instead of today and the computer was already packed away in the car.

Anyway.....
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
1.rotoworld204
2.BostonNut
3.SethMurphy
4.coalregion
5.dd316
6.gonzo126
7.Kings
8.jusdukky
9.Piper7770
10.HawksBraves
11.lrogge1979
12.msumarr54

Timestamp: 2011-12-22 23:21:55 UTC
Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Congrats to roto!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Congratulations to roto.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote