Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anybody watching the World Juniors?

Canada/Finland game is about to start. Looks like a pretty weak Canadian team. Wouldn't shock me if Finland won. Your thoughts?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

2-0 Canada. Looking like a blowout!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Will be watching most of the US games...
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
Will be watching most of the US games...
Should be a good one on New Years Eve when Canada and the US play. I'd say you guys are looking a good amount better than we are this year.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

USA just finished destroying Denmark, this Team has the same make-up of the Gold Medal 2010 Team and I like their chances this year! USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
USA just finished destroying Denmark, this Team has the same make-up of the Gold Medal 2010 Team and I like their chances this year! USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouch. Pretty bad loss to Finland, who Canada DESTROYED 8-1!!! Let's Go Canada!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

USA put Gibson in goal to give him some playing time, they will be just fine when Campbell returns. Gibson let a couple of quick back to back soft goals in the 3rd, USA will be just fine and we will see Canada Sat. night!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
USA put Gibson in goal to give him some playing time, they will be just fine when Campbell returns. Gibson let a couple of quick back to back soft goals in the 3rd, USA will be just fine and we will see Canada Sat. night!
You guys still only put up 1 against the Finns, whereas Canada put up 8! And Canada's goaltending situation is looking much better than Finlands.

We'll see who the superior team is when Canada wins New Years Eve
Old 12-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Predictions on the big game tonight...... Not that it matters
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Canada is going to be beasting this (:
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

this #@#@#@#@ is pissing me off. because of this, there are no NHL games on NHL network tonight.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Sweden will win it all !!!
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
this #@#@#@#@ is pissing me off. because of this, there are no NHL games on NHL network tonight.
Oh, how do I put this gently: you're kinda preaching to preacher murderers here. Some pretty big wjhc fans on this thread. This &:@/&/$;@ is showcasing the talent youll be seeing in your precious Anaheim/Nashville games. I'd take note.

Plus it's always nice seeing Canada lay a beating into the lowly yanks
Old 12-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

What a dirty play by that piece of crap Edem. Should be tossed for sure.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
lol nuff said
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Oh, how do I put this gently: you're kinda preaching to preacher murderers here. Some pretty big wjhc fans on this thread. This &:@/&/$;@ is showcasing the talent youll be seeing in your precious Anaheim/Nashville games. I'd take note.

Plus it's always nice seeing Canada lay a beating into the lowly yanks
O i know i was, and i know there are. I just don't follow the Juniors or anything like that. Hence me wanting to see NHL games.

O yeah, and don't put anything gently. I can take ball busting and bantering all day
Old 12-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
lol nuff said
You comment on a post made 4 day's ago, this USA team was not very well coached, and fell far short of where they should have been, pretty easy to troll an old thread, where were your brillant comments 4 day's ago / lol nuff said from minor league
Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
You comment on a post made 4 day's ago, this USA team was not very well coached, and fell far short of where they should have been, pretty easy to troll an old thread, where were your brillant comments 4 day's ago / lol nuff said from minor league
Come on man. You still said they had the makeup of the gold medal winning team. Now if you consider 7th place a gold medal, then you were spot on. Otherwise...

And don't think I'm trying to troll. I told you 4 days ago Canada was going to beat you guys
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Come on man. You still said they had the makeup of the gold medal winning team. Now if you consider 7th place a gold medal, then you were spot on. Otherwise...

And don't think I'm trying to troll. I told you 4 days ago Canada was going to beat you guys
My comment was not for you, read the thread again before you start chest pumping, your country owns the juniors title,but WE GOT THE CUP! but I guess 2nd place is all right with you and your country looks like your getting used to it

We have alot of hockey pride here in the states, no excuses, this team did not perform and like any sport it starts from the top. 'Coaching' they were not prepared and the results were one of the worst finishes I can remember, and as far as Team Canada, I love the fact my Bruins have another" Blue Chip" on the way for our future Blue line/ Dougie Hamilton, you see even with a loss we here in Bean Town have so much to gain It's great looking down from the top
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
My comment was not for you, read the thread again before you start chest pumping, your country owns the juniors title,but WE GOT THE CUP! but I guess 2nd place is all right with you and your country looks like your getting used to it

We have alot of hockey pride here in the states, no excuses, this team did not perform and like any sport it starts from the top. 'Coaching' they were not prepared and the results were one of the worst finishes I can remember, and as far as Team Canada, I love the fact my Bruins have another" Blue Chip" on the way for our future Blue line/ Dougie Hamilton, you see even with a loss we here in Bean Town have so much to gain It's great looking down from the top
If we're looking down from the top, Canada seems to be right up there with that last Olympic win. Thats the ultimate top, not the Stanley Cup

And it's fine if you take our top prospects (even though Hamilton has been fairly underwhelming this year. Should've taken his bro, Freddie ). Here in TO we are poised for a nice cup run these next couple of years thanks in part to us pretty much having the entire US Olympic team (except for Thomas. Too much of a burden when his legs give out in 3 years. He is 37, remember ). So thanks in advance for helping us out

Last edited by GoJays; 01-01-2012 at 03:17 PM.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
If we're looking down from the top, Canada seems to be right up there with that last Olympic win. Thats the ultimate top, not the Stanley Cup

And it's fine if you take our top prospects (even though Hamilton has been fairly underwhelming this year. Should've taken his bro, Freddie ). Here in TO we are poised for a nice cup run these next couple of years thanks in part to us pretty much having the entire US Olympic team (except for Thomas. Too much of a burden when his legs give out in 3 years. He is 37, remember ). So thanks in advance for helping us out
Cup run, where in Toronto are you #@#@#@#@ing nuts or just delusional? I guess you have already answered that question when you think a Tournament held every 4 years is bigger than the Stanley Cup! And based on your rather clueless comments It's safe to say you were not even born the last time the Leafs won a Stanley Cup, therefore the only real thing you have to hang your hat on are Olympic medals, let me know when that nice cup run starts I hope your still alive to actually witness it As far as Thomas and his legs, not too concerened he is still among the Top 3 in all major stats, and remember our backup "leads" the league in GAA and Save % "TO poised for a nice cup run", haHaHa at least you have a sense of humor, lord knows you need it Hey when's the next Olympic games I hear the whole Maple Leafs olympic team will be there
Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
your country owns the juniors title,but WE GOT THE CUP!
I believe 16 members of the Bruins are From Canada - so the cup definately had a nice summer vacation North of the Border.

But I totally agree that Toronto will be destined for disapointment (especially as long as they keep so many Americans on the team (7) lead by Wilson and Burke)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
I believe 16 members of the Bruins are From Canada - so the cup definately had a nice summer vacation North of the Border.

But I totally agree that Toronto will be destined for disapointment (especially as long as they keep so many Americans on the team (7) lead by Wilson and Burke)
Well of course a large portion of the B's roster were born in Canada, and it kind of flaws my argument, but my friends that live North of the border still are extremely annoyed that the Stanley Cup is currently with an American organization and that sit's just well with me! WE GOT THE CUP!!!!!!

And my buddy here from Toronto, has to just drive downtown and he can see the Cup any time he wants, which is the only way he will see the Cup!

Last edited by TASS; 01-02-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

[/QUOTE]And my buddy here from Toronto, has to just drive downtown and he can see the Cup any time he wants, which is the only way he will see the Cup![/QUOTE]

And that's how it should stay....
Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Well of course a large portion of the B's roster were born in Canada, and it kind of flaws my argument, but my friends that live North of the border still are extremely annoyed that the Stanley Cup is currently with an American organization and that sit's just well with me! WE GOT THE CUP!!!!!!

And my buddy here from Toronto, has to just drive downtown and he can see the Cup any time he wants, which is the only way he will see the Cup!
I'm from Ottawa