Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Canes vs Leafs

I attended the Canes game last night with the family. It was my daughter's first NHL game and it was a blast. Early in the third period Toronto jumped to a 3-1 lead and I leaned over to my wife saying let's get out of here so we can get a jump on traffic. She ordered me to sit down because we're "not those types of fans." Having watched most of the Canes' games this year I figured it would be like pulling teeth to watch until the end. Thankfully Eric Staal finally busted out with a big game. However there was another great albeit less heralded player who stepped up in Zac Dalpe. The two combined for 5 points and 3 goals in the third period plus overtime.

I know all you Toronto lovers will quickly chime in to look at the standings, but the Canes looked like an older version of themselves. It wasn't that long ago when Carolina was one of the better teams in the East. I'm not saying those days are back by a long shot however they been making some great strides over the past couple of weeks. I think Kirk Muller has finally sold the team on his way of playing ... hard, fast and with lots of emotion.

Hell of a first game for my 9-year old girl to watch. And let's just say after one game she's a Caniac for life!
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Definately one of the better games Carolina has played this season, Toronto really needs to step up the PP and PK, 0-7 last night I think.
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote