Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Yeah, Lavy could have picked anyone that was on and he went Briere over Giroux. Briere has been fighting it lately and Giroux is having a ridiculous year. Lavy's my boy but I didn't understand that one.
Can't say that I haven't questioned his decisions on shootout participants in the past as well... same thing here. Giroux should have taken the shot.

Besides that, if only:
A) Jagr scored on the breakaway in the first! That would have been insane!
B) Jagr didn't get hurt.
C) Mark Recchi could have suited up and substituted for Jagr after he got hurt!
slash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Ahh there all the rangers fans are....after the game. Get off your homer horse...there were bad calls on both sides. The flyers would've easily scored to tie it, if the ref hadn't blown the puck dead when Lundqvist wasn't even close to covering the puck. And the penalty shot call was absolutely the correct one.

Regardless of the refs, the Flyers were slightly outplayed, but like every thing, the flyers do, it came down to the poor goaltending of the flyers vs the good goal-tending of the opponent. Fun game though..wish they had let Giroux take the penalty shot.
homer? if you say so buddy. if you knew me, i'd be the last person you'd call a homer. yes, bad calls (and non calls) were done both ways but none of the blatant ones favored the Rangers.

-McD getting pushed into the net, I can see how the ref missed that. but the play being blown dead with Lundqvist on the ground? you mean the one on the power play that should've never happened? but its ok if the refs miss JVR pushing McD into the net but not Briere with the puck?

-the blatant pull on Callahan? yeah, if Callahan had hit the ice i could see the diving call but he got pulled back, regained his balance and kept on going.

-and the penalty shot? debatable either way. Rangers say the guy was blocking with his body. Flyers say with his hand.

look at all 3 though -- a powerplay, an empty net goal being prevented, and a free pass with a penalty shot. none of that takes away from practically handing the Flyers chances to tie the game up late.

like you said though, goaltending was the difference. what i don't get is how Bryzgalov can say "good news, great news -- bobrovsky is playing and we have a chance to win now" when he was signed on for a 9-year contract to be the #1.
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFire47 View Post
-the blatant pull on Callahan? yeah, if Callahan had hit the ice i could see the diving call but he got pulled back, regained his balance and kept on going.

-and the penalty shot? debatable either way. Rangers say the guy was blocking with his body. Flyers say with his hand.
The call wasn't diving, it was holding the stick which Callahan did to accentuate the hook. It was the correct call.

As for the penalty shot, I don't think it was called because the Flyers said it was his hand. Think the ref made that assessment.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
The call wasn't diving, it was holding the stick which Callahan did to accentuate the hook. It was the correct call.

As for the penalty shot, I don't think it was called because the Flyers said it was his hand. Think the ref made that assessment.
the instant that stick goes up and hooks him, automatic goal. Those are the rules. Callahan had a clear break to an empty net. The Ref just wanted to use the coincidental minor as an excuse not to award the automatic so the game would go on.

and you're right about the refs assessment on the penalty shot. my previous statement was to how each team could argue it. i said it was debatable but in the end, bad calls and non calls happened for both sides.

not sure if it was more entertaining to watch because i was interested in a team this year but in the end, i'm glad the game was decided between the players and not the refs.
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
And, what did you think? Enjoy it?

Ahh I'm deciding between this and the Sixers home opener. The sixers might just win, even though I want to go see an outdoor game
Really? The 76ers have a game that night! Damnit!

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
My thought's exactly. That made ZERO sense to me. Giroux has been unreal, and is the most skilled player on the team. Not a knock against Danny, more of a compliment to Claude. He should've taken that...would've been a different result.
I was listening to CSN Philly (If i remember correctly) and they said that he is a 50% shootout scorer lifetime or something which is really good. But G is on fire this year in which i totally agree with him taking the shot. Also, alot of people are saying, "Oh what kind of #@#@#@#@ was that?!?!?! He's pathetic!!!!" Which is BS. Did you see that ice? There was really no where for him to deke or he would have lost the puck or would have no had the angle he wanted to shoot from.
Eagles, Phillies, Chase Utley, and Anything that Catches my Eye!!
RIP Harry Kalas you will be missed
cl204 is offline   Reply With Quote