Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
If Salo hadn't been injured on the play I'd be inclined to side with you, but Salo was concussed on the play. I think he deserved to be suspended even if Salo hadn't been hurt (just a game or two max), but five seems about right considering the injury.

And come on man, your Bruins have gotten away with SOOOOOO many suspendable hits it isn't even funny. Chara on patches, boychuck, Lucic on miller. Lucic also should've been suspended 10 GAMES (straight from the rulebook) had the league not given him a free pass again and revoked his match penalty.
Yay, OK Another "Those Bruins are SOOOOO Bad" suck it up, we have a physical Hockey team that plays 100% 'ALL THE TIME' and #@#@#@#@ will happen! Listen it's hockey and when you play with emotion, some questionable hit's always occur, it happens with EVERY TEAM that acually gives a #@#@#@#@, I will defend the Bruins, at least they don't whine and take dives like some other gutless team, that has actully started all this #@#@#@#@ with their management and local press, then acts like they are victims! , and no the Bruins have not gotten away with SOOOOOOO many suspendable hit's but rather have lost SOOOO many key players to the very cheap hits you refer too IMO!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

You can't tell me Marchand and Chara aren't dirty players.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
ahahahahahaha that's awesome. Yeah, i'm 24. So sadly, i never saw the Broad Street Bullies days.
I will say the old Spectrum up in the 300 level seats, was a dangerous place for any visiting fan! That's just good ole' passionate hockey fans just like us here in Boston That I will say we can agree on
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
You can't tell me Marchand and Chara aren't dirty players.
Players you would love to have on your club!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Players you would love to have on your club!
Nope, I'll take Hamonic & Bailey's upside to those two. Tavvy, Martin, Mouslon, Okposo, De Haan, Kabanov, Niederreiter, Montoya, Poulin... I like our future better than your's.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope, I'll take Hamonic & Bailey's upside to those two. Tavvy, Martin, Mouslon, Okposo, De Haan, Kabanov, Niederreiter, Montoya, Poulin... I like our future better than your's.
I don't think you have that many years in YOUR future for that future ,
Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

I'd take Chara
Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

well what is the rule ? can a player make contact with a goalie ? if he leaves the crease ? as far as marchand go's . im a bruins fan and i dont support what he did at all. he needs to relax.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #34 (permalink)

I would take Chara in a heartbeat. Players in the NHL have to have a certain degree of "dirtiness". Chara isn't what I would call a "DIRTY" player. He is physical, and huge, and that might make it seem like he's dirty at times. He's a great player, and I'd love to have him on my side, that's for sure.

I don't know the exact rule, of course there's goalie interference, I'm not sure about outside of that. Someone help me out. But regardless, if you hit the goalie at all, you're gonna get bashed by someone, sort of an unspoken rule, don't hit the goalie.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think you have that many years in YOUR future for that future ,
I'm 34, not 84. I'll live to see another Stanley Cup.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #36 (permalink)

On Long Island?!?

The Isles will have long since moved...

Quote:
I'm 34, not 84. I'll live to see another Stanley Cup.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Yay, OK Another "Those Bruins are SOOOOO Bad" suck it up, we have a physical Hockey team that plays 100% 'ALL THE TIME' and #@#@#@#@ will happen! Listen it's hockey and when you play with emotion, some questionable hit's always occur, it happens with EVERY TEAM that acually gives a #@#@#@#@, I will defend the Bruins, at least they don't whine and take dives like some other gutless team, that has actully started all this #@#@#@#@ with their management and local press, then acts like they are victims! , and no the Bruins have not gotten away with SOOOOOOO many suspendable hit's but rather have lost SOOOO many key players to the very cheap hits you refer too IMO!
I prefer a physical hockey team over a non-physical team, and I respect what the bruins have done. But come on, there should be some consequences for those hits. They have gotten away with many a few illegal hits. Don't think I hate a physical team. I hate what the NHL has done to eliminate hitting. But some of those hits (especially the one on Patches) were absolutely suspendable, but chara got away without even a fine!

Listen, I'm a leafs fan. I've watched (and enjoyed) physical teams for my whole life. But if Tie Domi had hit someone the way Chara did, I'd have no problem with him getting suspended. I think you need to let some of your biases go and look at the hits as an impartial fan.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

You'll have to explain to me how Z timed it perfectly to the nano-second to line up the guy with that single plane of curved glass. Please provide your math work.

I mean seriously...how can anyone say that Z did that on purpose? It was a FREAK accident....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I prefer a physical hockey team over a non-physical team, and I respect what the bruins have done. But come on, there should be some consequences for those hits. They have gotten away with many a few illegal hits. Don't think I hate a physical team. I hate what the NHL has done to eliminate hitting. But some of those hits (especially the one on Patches) were absolutely suspendable, but chara got away without even a fine!

Listen, I'm a leafs fan. I've watched (and enjoyed) physical teams for my whole life. But if Tie Domi had hit someone the way Chara did, I'd have no problem with him getting suspended. I think you need to let some of your biases go and look at the hits as an impartial fan.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
On Long Island?!?

The Isles will have long since moved...

That is possible. I have gone on the record, I won't follow this team to Kansas City or Seattle... or even Queens.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #40 (permalink)

"I think you need to let some of your biases go and look at the hits as an impartial fan."

It has nothing to do with my support of the Bruins, I have been watching hockey for 40+ years and base my opinions on what I have seen in the past as well as the character of the specific player. Which brings me to my final point on this issue, if Tie Domi had done what Chara did I would have expected it to be intentional, as that is what Domi did, it is not indicative of Chara who is an All-Star as well as Norris Trophy winner! He would not have acheived such status if he were known around the league as a "dirty" player. I don't always agree with the actions of Lucic and Marchand, and agree with some of the suspensions, just not the length of Marchands suspension, or the BS Vancouver has been spewing, much like the BS the Montreal press did over the Chara situation, but you live north of the border and seem to have been influenced as well. Good Day