Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I do
CKing I don't know how I could have forgot Larry! I stand to be corrected He is the king of all Rednecks
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Used to love Don Cherry and the way he talked about the game but these days he's more of a senile blowhard with an agenda. I understand the whole pro-Canadian boy schtick because he's like, Mr Canada, and that's the largest part of his audience but if you're in a broadcasting position like his you should at the very least TRY to be objective. Somebody needs to explain to him that Hockey Nite in Canada isn't just broadcasted in Canada anymore.
Thanks BAM my exact sentiments, I used to really enjoy this guy's spin on the game. But his Pro-Canadian stance and endless rants about the same #@#@#@#@ week in and week out, I have to believe 50% or greater of the Canadian audiance shuts him out, mainly because he has become an embarrassment! At least he has recently acknowledged that the USA program and College Hockey has never had a bigger impact on the game as it does now.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Thanks BAM my exact sentiments, I used to really enjoy this guy's spin on the game. But his Pro-Canadian stance and endless rants about the same #@#@#@#@ week in and week out, I have to believe 50% or greater of the Canadian audiance shuts him out, mainly because he has become an embarrassment! At least he has recently acknowledged that the USA program and College Hockey has never had a bigger impact on the game as it does now.
He's basically their version of Dick Vitale with more flash. He doesn't bother me and I just take him for what he is. Entertainment. He's still biased towards Canadian kids but I don't get cranked about that either. I've heard him rave about plenty of other guys (including Russians) so it's not like he's got tunnel vision.

I watched him one night earlier in the season talking about Datsyuk like he was the second coming.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote