Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Sutton to Philly or chicago for a second.
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Or Colborne

I wouldn't do it. Colborne is solid.
Colborne is going to be the real deal, and to think the Bruins gave him up for Kaberle, not a good move for the future as we all know Kaberle was a rent a player at best. Colborne just needs a little more seasoning then the skys the limit!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'd really rather not give up Schenn, even if it is for jvr. I see Schenn as a much better long term player for the leafs than Van Riemsdyk. I don't see JVR as the future of the Leafs, and I don't think Burke sees it either.
He would have done it before the concussion issues. Not now though.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

The capitals need a center pretty badly hope they can nail a good one during the deadline. About the Jurcina from the Isles, the caps had jurcina already and I don't think they would be interested in him again.
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I heard the Leafs were interested in Tuumo Ruutu (not sure for who though)
I think the Canes will definitely move Ruutu and probably a few others, but don't expect Staal or Ward to be among them.
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Supposedly on the trading block from the CBJs.....Rick Nash

Scouts in attendance at the CBJ games;
NYR
Caps
Dallas
Detroit
Pens
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Supposedly on the trading block from the CBJs.....Rick Nash

Scouts in attendance at the CBJ games;
NYR
Caps
Dallas
Detroit
Pens
god damn it
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

Bruins Peter Chiarelli has mentioned recently that with the issues surrounding Horton's health status, they would like to bring in a replacement forward with Ruutu and Whitney at the top of the list, Ruutu getting hurt last night bumps Whitney to the top of that list ( helps that Carolina needs to start selling NOW), Just today there was talk of Selanne ( who would provide Recchi like veteran leadership) but he would have to waive his no-trade clause, can't see him not wanting to come to Boston.
As far as adding defense if Phoenix were to fade over the next few weeks Shane Doan being an UFA who may be willing to waive his no-trade clause would be a great addition to the B's playoff push Lastly another name being thrown around for added defense is Oduya who would just fit under the Bruins remaining cap space. I believe the Bruins will make a move before the Trade deadline and will not involve any core players currently on their roster as they don't like messing with the current Team chemistry.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Just playing around with other Nash ideas since the NYR rumor is Dubinsky, Prospect kid, and a #1 pick.

I'd take Doan first for the B's, but Krejci-Caron-#1 pick for Nash wouldn't be too bad either.

How about a doozy;

To Buffalo; Nash-Carter-Mason
To CBJs; Miller-Leino- Stafford and pick
Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Just playing around with other Nash ideas since the NYR rumor is Dubinsky, Prospect kid, and a #1 pick.

I'd take Doan first for the B's, but Krejci-Caron-#1 pick for Nash wouldn't be too bad either.

How about a doozy;

To Buffalo; Nash-Carter-Mason
To CBJs; Miller-Leino- Stafford and pick
Doan would be a hugh pickup for the B's, but Chiarelli has already said they are not interested in bringing in a big ticket guy like Nash, as they would have to give up too much to make it work.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Doan would be a hugh pickup for the B's, but Chiarelli has already said they are not interested in bringing in a big ticket guy like Nash, as they would have to give up too much to make it work.
Yeah, I'm just viewing it more from a "keep him from the enemy" move as NYR with a Nash-Richards-Gaborik line would be nasty in front of their D and Lundqvist.

Now if NYR gets Nash and the B's get Doan....cue the DVR and popcorn....
Old 02-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #37 (permalink)

Nash would be big for the Rangers or Wings. Not sure how much cap space the Rangers have but I know the Wings have a bunch.

Rangers only real hole is consistent scoring depth. Wonder what kind of package they could put together though for Nash ? Doesn't seem like they have much for Nash that they could part with on the NHL level. Maybe someone like Dubinsky or Boyle are expendable and picks or prospects (Kreider) ? I hope Columbus makes them pay out the azz if they send Nash to the Rangers.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

The Rangers cannot acquire Rick Nash. Their ceiling for their cap at the deadline is 6.9 million. Rick Nash's cap hit is 7.8 million. The Red Wings however can acquire up to 24 million in cap hit, thus would be allowed to acquire Rick Nash.

The Flyers are allowed up to 4.3 million at the deadline and thus cannot really acquire anyone big.

Pens are 11.75 and Bruins are 13.2

CapGeek.com :: It's a numbers game :: The definitive source for NHL salary cap data and player contracts
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
The Rangers cannot acquire Rick Nash. Their ceiling for their cap at the deadline is 6.9 million. Rick Nash's cap hit is 7.8 million. The Red Wings however can acquire up to 24 million in cap hit, thus would be allowed to acquire Rick Nash.

The Flyers are allowed up to 4.3 million at the deadline and thus cannot really acquire anyone big.

CapGeek.com :: It's a numbers game :: The definitive source for NHL salary cap data and player contracts
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all they'd (Rangers) have to do is move a contract (Dubi or Boyle making $2 mil ?) in the deal to free up the extra space.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

Very interesting stuff, and I'm damn glad to see that the Rangers cannot acquire Nash, they are already a very solid Team currently playing the best Hockey of this season! I don't want to see the Red Wings pick up Nash either as he would only make there PP that much better! The Wings are your best Home Team for obvious reasons, but I would say overall the Rangers are the best Team in the NHL at this point in time, and really looking forward to tonights game here in Beantown This Trade deadline is going to be one of the best overall in a long time, and will be a major factor in determining some Teams success in this years playoff run!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #41 (permalink)

Yeah....I can't remember being this excited about a trade deadline in quite awhile! The Bruins definitely need some kind of a spark. I'd love to see Whitney or Selanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Very interesting stuff, and I'm damn glad to see that the Rangers cannot acquire Nash, they are already a very solid Team currently playing the best Hockey of this season! I don't want to see the Red Wings pick up Nash either as he would only make there PP that much better! The Wings are your best Home Team for obvious reasons, but I would say overall the Rangers are the best Team in the NHL at this point in time, and really looking forward to tonights game here in Beantown This Trade deadline is going to be one of the best overall in a long time, and will be a major factor in determining some Teams success in this years playoff run!
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #42 (permalink)

The great thing about the Pens position is they could put Crosby on long term IR and get relief on his cap hit, go acquire some big guys at the deadline, then bring Crosby back for the first game of the playoffs when there is no salary cap.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
The great thing about the Pens position is they could put Crosby on long term IR and get relief on his cap hit, go acquire some big guys at the deadline, then bring Crosby back for the first game of the playoffs when there is no salary cap.
I believe the Bruins might have to do the same with Horton, but I'm not sure he will return for the playoffs. These head injuries have really gotten out of control, and once you have had your 'Bell rung' like Horton last years playoffs and Crosby this year, it seems when it happens again the symptoms hang around alot longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Yeah....I can't remember being this excited about a trade deadline in quite awhile! The Bruins definitely need some kind of a spark. I'd love to see Whitney or Selanne.
I'm with ya! It would be quite a boost getting Selanne or Whitney (who really would fit right into our style of play) Let's hope Chiarelli pulls the trigger

Last edited by TASS; 02-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #44 (permalink)

To answer a former question, if they dump a number of guys it will free space so NYR and PHI could still be 'traders'.

According to Bill Watters, CBJ's asking price for the Nash + Husielius package is Kadri + Schenn + Grabovski + someone else I can't remember or a pick.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
To answer a former question, if they dump a number of guys it will free space so NYR and PHI could still be 'traders'.

According to Bill Watters, CBJ's asking price for the Nash + Husielius package is Kadri + Schenn + Grabovski + someone else I can't remember or a pick.

Nope Kadri would be the dealbreaker in that one.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

AND WE ARE OFF!!!!

Dominic Moore to the Sharks.

Hal Gill goes from Montreal to Nashville!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #47 (permalink)

Bruins have now lost Peverley for 4-6 weeks, combine the continued absence of Horton and it's pretty obvious they have to make a move sooner than later, let's go Chiarelli the 28th is right around the corner
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Just adding a few in here, most we know about already;

Kubina to the Flyers
Carter to the Kings...hic....
Zidlicky to the Devils
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Just adding a few in here, most we know about already;

Kubina to the Flyers
Carter to the Kings...hic....
Zidlicky to the Devils
Funny, sir. Very funny I just hope he L.A. doesn't affect Carter in a negative way. Richards seems to be fine so far.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Wojtek Wolski to Florida from the Rangers over the weekend too

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote