Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   Trade deadline Feb. 28th (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/253206-trade-deadline-feb-28th.html)

Rinkwraith 02-07-2012 12:30 PM

Trade deadline Feb. 28th

Thought I'd start a thread early on here that we can speculate and keep tabs on who goes where for the next 3 weeks.

Read an article here in Boston that hinted at Tim Thomas to the Blackhawks for Stalberg. Not sure about that one, but I could see Ryan Miller to the B'Hawks rejoining Campbell.

Predictions? What do you hope your team nets in the coming weeks?

avjp87 02-07-2012 12:33 PM

Flyers need a defenseman really bad. And I think they'll get someone. They always do.

nuccionino 02-07-2012 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Rinkwraith;2200389]Thought I'd start a thread early on here that we can speculate and keep tabs on who goes where for the next 3 weeks.

Read an article here in Boston that hinted at Tim Thomas to the Blackhawks for Stalberg. Not sure about that one, but I could see Ryan Miller to the B'Hawks rejoining Campbell.

Predictions? What do you hope your team nets in the coming weeks?[/QUOTE]

Typical Boston haha overreacting. Why would they trade possibly the best goalie in the NHL?

Detroit doesn't need anything. They won't do this, but Zetterberg is getting old, and hasn't been good this year. Of course that just means he is top 50 in the NHL not top 10 haha. I wouldn't mind trading him for a younger star. Maybe a Jordan Staal, he is a Red Wing type player. It may take Zetterberg+a prospect, but I'd do it. Sounds crazy, but sometimes I talk crazy.

GoJays 02-07-2012 12:51 PM

Leafs should be acquiring someone big, hopefully zack parise or Ryan getzlaf, preferably Getzlaf, and we have the cap space and moveable players to do it. Should be interesting come deadline day.

zpk35 02-07-2012 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Rinkwraith;2200389]

Predictions? What do you hope your team nets in the coming weeks?[/QUOTE]

I believe Campbell is with the Panthers now.

gonzo126 02-07-2012 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=GoJays;2200465]Leafs should be acquiring someone big, hopefully zack parise or Ryan getzlaf, preferably Getzlaf, and we have the cap space and moveable players to do it. Should be interesting come deadline day.[/QUOTE]

Parise staying in NJ for now. But I can see Toronto making run for him in off-season. He is our best all-around player and I will hate to see him go. But you get used to watching players leave as a Devils fan.
My wish would be for NJ to make a splash and grab a top 4 defenseman. Wish a solid core, they need to convince Zach to stay!

Rinkwraith 02-07-2012 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=zpk35;2200505]I believe Campbell is with the Panthers now.[/QUOTE]

eeesh, think I would have remembered that one since he is on one of my fantasy teams. My bad, still like Miller to Bhawks.

frozenntimesports 02-07-2012 01:25 PM

Some Islander guesses:

Nabokov to Detroit for a 2nd & 5th

Okposo to Minnesota for Devin Setoguchi & a 2nd

Mark Eaton to Philadelphia for a 3rd

Jurcina to Washington for a 2nd

Rolston to Boston for a 3rd

Or possible blockbuster Montoya, Okposo and a 2nd for Rask and a 5th.

rizzeedizzee 02-07-2012 01:25 PM

Who gets traded and how many trades there are will depend on which teams consider themselves out of it. Right now, only Columbus is more than 12 points out of a playoff birth. How many deals there are will depend a lot of whether teams like Tampa, Anaheim, Montreal, Carolina, Edmonton and others consider themselves out of it enough to be sellers.

I do think we'll end up seeing a few decent goalies moved, which hasn't happened in a while. Most likely Nabokov and Harding, with one likely going to Tampa and the other perhaps to Chicago. No way does Boston deal Thomas during the season. Vancouver probably should move Schneider, but likely won't unless they get an amazing offer.

I think that either Carter or Nash - but not both - get traded from Columbus.

My guess also is that Anaheim will make a big trade if only to shake things up, since they seem to have imploded.

BAMBAM 02-07-2012 01:52 PM

I just don't see a lot of big name guys getting moved. Preds have said they are going to keep Weber and Suter now that ownership is willing to open the check book. Can't really see the Sabres trading Miller to anyone in the East, same with the Bruins and Rask. Biggest name that I could see getting moved is Getzlaf or maybe Jeff Carter since it seems he is already on the sh*t list in Columbus because of his attitude.

I know the Flyers will make some type of move but I hope Ed Snider doesn't pressure Homer into another dumb deal that hurts them over the long hall. Everyone will probably ask for Sean Couturier or Matt Read and I wouldn't move either. Snider and his "we'll get a goalie" comment after last year is the reason Holmgren went out a over paid for a head case like Bryz. Snider is quickly becoming the Al Davis of the NHL. His desire to win a championship over takes his common sense.

I didn't think they'd do as well as they have this year because of all the rookies the cap has forced them to start and Pronger being out and I don't see the Flyers winning a Cup this year so I'd make moves for the future.

I'd love to see the Flyers unload a gutless stiff like Matt Carle on somebody for a defensemen with some heart. Shows how tremendous Pronger was when Carle had a career year two seasons ago when paired with him. I'd still try to move JVR if the Leafs are really willing to give up Luke Schenn for him. JVR hasn't shown anything even close to his aggressive breakout in the playoffs last year and probably won't after coming back from the concussion.

Nobody is going to take Bryz off their hands so if they can get a young physical defensemen for Bob I'd move him as well. He can't get enough games to really develop when their paying Bryz so much money so bite the bullet and move him. I'm hoping Bryz eventually settles in to the new team and environment at some point. If not this year then next.

BostonNut 02-07-2012 01:56 PM

BAHAHAHA....thanks for the laugh! :D

Tuukka is not going anywhere.

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2200594]Some Islander guesses:

[B]Or possible blockbuster Montoya, Okposo and a 2nd for Rask and a 5th[/B].[/QUOTE]

TASS 02-07-2012 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=GoJays;2200465]Leafs should be acquiring someone big, hopefully zack parise or Ryan getzlaf, preferably Getzlaf, and we have the cap space and moveable players to do it. Should be interesting come deadline day.[/QUOTE]

Check out NHL.com theirs an article today about how aggressive Burke is around the trade deadline. But they (experts) seem to believe the Leafs will not be making any movement this year. They are playing very well right now and seem to have hit their stride, this may be the year they should consider leaving the team as is, however their are going to be a few marquee players available and like the Bruins just one move could make alot of difference. Really looking forward to the last few months of the regular season, as their is a hell of alot of parity in this league this year :)!

TASS 02-07-2012 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=BAMBAM;2200698]I just don't see a lot of big name guys getting moved. Preds have said they are going to keep Weber and Suter now that ownership is willing to open the check book. Can't really see the Sabres trading Miller to anyone in the East, same with the Bruins and Rask. Biggest name that I could see getting moved is Getzlaf or maybe Jeff Carter since it seems he is already on the sh*t list in Columbus because of his attitude.

I know the Flyers will make some type of move but I hope Ed Snider doesn't pressure Homer into another dumb deal that hurts them over the long hall. Everyone will probably ask for Sean Couturier or Matt Read and I wouldn't move either. Snider and his "we'll get a goalie" comment after last year is the reason Holmgren went out a over paid for a head case like Bryz. Snider is quickly becoming the Al Davis of the NHL. His desire to win a championship over takes his common sense.

I didn't think they'd do as well as they have this year because of all the rookies the cap has forced them to start and Pronger being out and I don't see the Flyers winning a Cup this year so I'd make moves for the future.

I'd love to see the Flyers unload a gutless stiff like Matt Carle on somebody for a defensemen with some heart. Shows how tremendous Pronger was when Carle had a career year two seasons ago when paired with him. I'd still try to move JVR if the Leafs are really willing to give up Luke Schenn for him. JVR hasn't shown anything even close to his aggressive breakout in the playoffs last year and probably won't after coming back from the concussion.

Nobody is going to take Bryz off their hands so if they can get a young physical defensemen for Bob I'd move him as well. He can't get enough games to really develop when their paying Bryz so much money so bite the bullet and move him. I'm hoping Bryz eventually settles in to the new team and environment at some point. If not this year then next.[/QUOTE]

So if van Riemsdyk were not on the shelf, you think the Flyers would have been able to move him for some help on defense? This was being thrown around before he was hurt, and as you stated he has not been productive at all, not so sure there would be much interest.

TASS 02-07-2012 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;2200723]BAHAHAHA....thanks for the laugh! :D

Tuukka is not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Where I agree with you on this one Tuukka is going nowhere, some of the Draft boards actually have the Bruins taking Subban with their 1st pick, which if it were to happen would be a minimum 4-5 years down the road before he would be up with the big boy's, and Tim T. has not got that much time left IMO!

DetectiveChrome 02-07-2012 05:09 PM

I heard the Leafs were interested in Tuumo Ruutu (not sure for who though)

nuccionino 02-07-2012 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2200594]Some Islander guesses:

Or possible blockbuster Montoya, Okposo and a 2nd for Rask and a 5th.[/QUOTE]

Red Wings would not waste 2 picks on a back-up who will play 4 games.

amdrewrj 02-07-2012 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;2201476]I heard the Leafs were interested in Tuumo Ruutu (not sure for who though)[/QUOTE]

If I had to take a stab at it... Kadri/picks/loot?

BAMBAM 02-07-2012 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=TASS;2201422]So if van Riemsdyk were not on the shelf, you think the Flyers would have been able to move him for some help on defense? This was being thrown around before he was hurt, and as you stated he has not been productive at all, not so sure there would be much interest.[/QUOTE]

Before he got hurt, numerous reports were that Burke was very interested in acquiring JVR. Supposedly Burke has liked JVR since he was in the US Hockey program. JVR has all the size and skill but there were always questions about just how much his heart is into playing hockey going back to the draft. I like the kid but the Flyers problems are painfully obvious on the blue line. If you can get a Luke Schenn in return for JVR you have to pull the trigger. Forward depth is not a problem and Schenn would be the physical defenseman this team lacks since Pronger went down.

frozenntimesports 02-07-2012 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=nuccionino;2201492]Red Wings would not waste 2 picks on a back-up who will play 4 games.[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Howard is out for 4 weeks, no? Nabokov would be a good backstop in case it is longer or he gets hurt again. As an Islander fan I know something about goaltenders getting hurt.

GoJays 02-07-2012 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;2201476]I heard the Leafs were interested in Tuumo Ruutu (not sure for who though)[/QUOTE]

I'd really rather not pick up ruutu, especially if it meant giving up Naz or Grabo.

nuccionino 02-07-2012 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2201763]Jimmy Howard is out for 4 weeks, no? Nabokov would be a good backstop in case it is longer or he gets hurt again. As an Islander fan I know something about goaltenders getting hurt.[/QUOTE]

1 more week, with a broken pinky. He'd play if it was the playoffs. The Wings have been getting solid goaltending from Joey McDonald.

Old Nap 02-07-2012 07:12 PM

There was a good segment last night on NHLN about the Ducks trading and I have to agree with them that the Ducks will probably not trade any of the big guns. Maybe some of the older guys like Blake, Visnovsky, Lydman. If they trade Getz, they would have to find another #1 center. I don't think they have one sitting on the farm nor in the lineup so they'd have to trade. I could see Carter fitting in with Perry and B.Ryan. But Carter plays a different type of game. The Ducks seem to have coarse corrected since New Years. They are 10-5 with at least couple games being really close.

One of the funny trades that would be interesting is Hiller for Miller. Something is up with Hiller. He hasn't been the same after that Vertigo thing last year. He's been playing like a backup. Miller probably just needs a change of scenery.

whityscards 02-07-2012 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=avjp87;2200403]Flyers need a defenseman really bad. And I think they'll get someone. They always do.[/QUOTE]

been talks about picking up luke schenn. wouldnt mind that but looks like we'd have to give up Riemsdyk :/

edit: BAMBAM beat me too it. Hes starting to skate again hopefully will start practicing again soon so who knows he could be dealt any day now. As much as I'd hate it...Bob wont be in philly before the deadline if we dont get schenn for riemsdyk. Hell throw in a 5th rounder with him! We need help on d ASAP

GoJays 02-07-2012 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=whityscards;2202464]been talks about picking up luke schenn. wouldnt mind that but looks like we'd have to give up Riemsdyk :/[/QUOTE]

I'd really rather not give up Schenn, even if it is for jvr. I see Schenn as a much better long term player for the leafs than Van Riemsdyk. I don't see JVR as the future of the Leafs, and I don't think Burke sees it either.

DetectiveChrome 02-07-2012 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=amdrewrj;2201624]If I had to take a stab at it... Kadri/picks/loot?[/QUOTE]

Or Colborne

I wouldn't do it. Colborne is solid.