Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #226 (permalink)

Put gutless Matt Cooke on the ice now. He is probably glued to the bench.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #227 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Geno is playing unreal hockey right now. The team seems to be clicking on all cylinders right now. If Fleury can keep his focus and not give up the weak goals, they have a very high ceiling. And how about Miro Satan. The guy is playing great since being called up at the end of the season. Glad to see him getting back to a high level of play.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #228 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Sorry to inform you haters, nobody is beating the Pens this year, not even the old guys from Detroit. You can drop all the theories and stats you want on me, but they're not losing it this year....end of story.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #229 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I can't wait for that debate Solt...hopefully a few more games and we can both enjoy another great NHL Finals!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Sorry to inform you haters, nobody is beating the Pens this year, not even the old guys from Detroit. You can drop all the theories and stats you want on me, but they're not losing it this year....end of story.

LOL Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pens vs Wings

Wings in 5!!!!!!!! BOOYAHHHHHH
Old 05-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
WTG Malkin..that was pure highlight reel!
Yea good work, and somebody bought all of my Malkins on CMC. I still wouldn't count out the Canes, but of course there D looked horrible last night.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #232 (permalink)

Their D is their downfall, but I refuse to count out Cam Ward from winning a couple almost all by himself like he did against the Devils.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not old Solt....its experience and more RINGS than your teams players have fingers And dont get ahead of yourself yet, last time I checked its a best of 7 series for a reason Get by Carolina first and then discuss who you play next. And if it happens to be the Wings just glimpse back to last season because you were saying the same crap then and it didn't seem to play out well for you then either

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #234 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortekv8 View Post
Its not old Solt....its experience and more RINGS than your teams players have fingers And dont get ahead of yourself yet, last time I checked its a best of 7 series for a reason Get by Carolina first and then discuss who you play next. And if it happens to be the Wings just glimpse back to last season because you were saying the same crap then and it didn't seem to play out well for you then either
Man, those old timers on the Wings sure are putting on a Cup worthy performance tonight. Remember, this isn't the Malkin of last year who was out of gas and it sure doesn't look like the same Osgood from last year as well.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Man, those old timers on the Wings sure are putting on a Cup worthy performance tonight. Remember, this isn't the Malkin of last year who was out of gas and it sure doesn't look like the same Osgood from last year as well.

3/3 wait wings will win.... HUH? whats that SOLT??? Old timers?? LMAO Most Dominant team and there old?? not really do you know the average age of the first 3 lines????

Last edited by ebacardi2; 05-22-2009 at 09:47 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
MALKIN is not a good player.. Who is this Malkin? He's been a beast the last few series but not enough if MAF doesn't keep the great play going.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #237 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Wow..what a game so far aye! Hated the 1st period. 2nd period sucked except for the last 5 min or so...lets go wings!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #238 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Lidstrom is 39 and the best Defensive player.

8 of their top 10 playoff point leaders are 30 or under.

Osgood is 36 and has the best GAA and Save percentage of any goalie left.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #239 (permalink)

wow Solt you really dont know what your talking about. First in your mind you already have the Pens winning the Cup and they are still in the Conference Finals, then you talk crap about the Wings early in the 2nd period....AND THEN they tie up the game with 3 goals in 5 mins, then you question a goalie who is one of the best in the playoffs right now and has the most experience winning a cup and now suddenly after 1 season of being in the cup finals...Malkin isn't tired and faster than last season and once again YOUR STILL IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS. Your comments just make me laugh at your stupidity. Get to the finals first, then win a cup and MAYBE then we can actually talk hockey! By the way, our average age playing on our lines in the playoffs 30.2-30.5. So since that is only about 1 year to a year and a half older than the Pens avg. age....I would just stop talking now.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #240 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Crosby and Malkin are going to light up Osgood like Times Square on New Year's Eve. Cam Ward is one of the best goalies in hockey and they're making him look like he belongs in the AHL. I remember a time back in the early 80's when the Islanders dominated hockey and swept the Oilers and Gretzky and Messier in the Cup Finals and the following year the Oilers came back stronger and tougher mentally and physically. Look for that to happen this year. Yeah, the Hawks are young and talented and fast but their goaltending stinks and lacks consistency. Pens are on a mission and Carolina is just a bump in the road....they have a bullseye right on so called "hockeytown"

By the way, you're from Ohio, you root for the crap ass Browns, the underachieving Indians and the Red Wings???? Why not Columbus? Are you that tired of losing all these years that you had to find a good bandwagon to jump on?

Last edited by solt0131; 05-22-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Crosby and Malkin are going to light up Osgood like Times Square on New Year's Eve. Cam Ward is one of the best goalies in hockey and they're making him look like he belongs in the AHL. I remember a time back in the early 80's when the Islanders dominated hockey and swept the Oilers and Gretzky and Messier in the Cup Finals and the following year the Oilers came back stronger and tougher mentally and physically. Look for that to happen this year. Yeah, the Hawks are young and talented and fast but their goaltending stinks and lacks consistency. Pens are on a mission and Carolina is just a bump in the road....they have a bullseye right on so called "hockeytown"

By the way, you're from Ohio, you root for the crap ass Browns, the underachieving Indians and the Red Wings???? Why not Columbus? Are you that tired of losing all these years that you had to find a good bandwagon to jump on?
Or how about most Ohio people are for Detroit because we've been hockey fans longer than the Blue Jackets have been around and Detroit is an hour closer to us than COL. Make intelligent arguments.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #242 (permalink)

Solt are these remarks coming from the same person that just a few weeks ago gave up on his team when they were down 0-2 to Washington?????? I think SO! Been a wings fan longer than Columbus has had a team and been there for many years of WINNING A CUP...something you wish you had so many of! so AGAIN....LEARN YOUR HOCKEY BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND DUMP OUT WHAT I JUST LAYED IN MY TOILET!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Or how about most Ohio people are for Detroit because we've been hockey fans longer than the Blue Jackets have been around and Detroit is an hour closer to us than COL. Make intelligent arguments.

Intelligent remarks dont flow out of Solts mouth. Just look at his previous posts since the playoffs started

Old 05-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Intelligent remarks dont flow out of Solts mouth. Just look at his previous posts since the playoffs started

He's 12 leave him alone..
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #245 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

If I lived in Ohio, I would look for a winning pro team outside of the state too...especially in football. Actually I wouldn't live in Ohio because I wouldn't want to be subjected to that torture every day.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
If I lived in Ohio, I would look for a winning pro team outside of the state too...especially in football. Actually I wouldn't live in Ohio because I wouldn't want to be subjected to that torture every day.
WOW you're all

LOOK AT ME I CAN NITPICK AND ARGUE BY GOING OFTER WEAK POINTS.

Here let me be you " man the Pirates suxors,how do you live with yourself"
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #247 (permalink)

I love that when a hockey discussion comes up with you Solt involving your Pens that you seem to start....you lose the discussion and never make a meaningful point...so what do you result to?? Football! You seem to do this everytime your weak "points" get shot down and you just continue to prove to everyone that you really don't know what your talking about with hockey. So do yourself and all of us a favor and stick to the "Football Discussion Board"

And for the sake of everyone reading this thread...please don't ever again discuss the Oilers returning to the championship and winning with Gretzky and Messier because Crosby and Malkin don't even belong in discussion with those two greats. Thats just a joke for you to even bring that up when your talking about the Pens!

Last edited by vortekv8; 05-22-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #248 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
I love that when a hockey discussion comes up with you Solt involving your Pens that you seem to start....you lose the discussion and never make a meaningful point...so what do you result to?? Football! You seem to do this everytime your weak "points" get shot down and you just continue to prove to everyone that you really don't know what your talking about with hockey. So do yourself and all of us a favor and stick to the "Football Discussion Board"

And for the sake of everyone reading this thread...please don't ever again discuss the Oilers returning to the championship and winning with Gretzky and Messier because Crosby and Malkin don't even belong in discussion with those two greats. Thats just a joke for you to even bring that up when your talking about the Pens!

Really? Don't even belong in the discussion with those two? Gretzky and Messier were both 22 years old when they played in their first Cup and 23 when they won it. Crosby and Malkin were 21 and 22 when they played in it last year. I'd say they definitely belong in the same conversation bucko. You have to realize that Crosby and Malkin, Kane and Toews and Ovy are the face of the NHL, not Zetterberg and Datsyuk and Iginla etc. Crosby and Malkin are right in line with where Gretzky and Messier were at the same age...kind of scary for all yinz other fans out there isn't it??
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Really? Don't even belong in the discussion with those two? Gretzky and Messier were both 22 years old when they played in their first Cup and 23 when they won it. Crosby and Malkin were 21 and 22 when they played in it last year. I'd say they definitely belong in the same conversation bucko. You have to realize that Crosby and Malkin, Kane and Toews and Ovy are the face of the NHL, not Zetterberg and Datsyuk and Iginla etc. Crosby and Malkin are right in line with where Gretzky and Messier were at the same age...kind of scary for all yinz other fans out there isn't it??
YES REALLY. You chose two of the greatest players of all time when they posted some of the best stats of their careers. Good thing the only thing you compared between the 4 players were their age because thats about where the comparison should stop. Gretzky-205pts/ Messier-101pts compared to 113pts and 103pts. Yeah your right thats really close. Hell Malkin was only 92 points away from Gretzky...he was right on his tail...what a joke! And I could care less who the "face" of hockey is since that really has nothing to do with comparing the BEST in hockey. Alot of people told you awhile ago that the NHL basically had you brainwashed to think Crosby was the best in hockey and he isn't even the best on your team. And I never said Datsyuk or Zetterberg were the "face" of hockey...actually I could care less if they were. Just keep underestimating the two of them and they will continue to win Stanley Cups

Hey....are you going to start talking about the Steelers again in your next post?????

Old 05-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #250 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

When Gretzky and Messier were putting up all those points, that was a different style of hockey played back then as opposed to today. Crosby and Malkin could have put up equal numbers to those two if they played in the same time period. Nobody will ever come close to those numbers because the game is different and there's no way you can call yourself a hockey fan and not realize that.

Crosby is the best player in hockey and as far as brainwashing goes, Melrose and Barnaby along with the who staff at Versus must be all brainwashed too. The fact of the matter is the Pens will win Stanley Cups. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when and how many. May not be this year, but it may be and will be for many years to come and there's not a thing you can do about it except sit back and watch and take it all in! Because the Pens are Jet Flying, Limousine Riding.....WOOOOOOOO!!!!! Future Champions of the World!