Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #101 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Clearly you didn't watch the Caps v. Flyers series last season... and that goal in Game 5 of the Rangers series, really?
Getting your team out of the first round 1 time in 4 years is easily considered "not showing up" to me.

I hope your being sarcastic there...As the "best player in hockey," he did very little in that series last year against the Flyers. The first round this year, he had one exceptional goal. He was essentially invisible for almost all 7 games. Pull your head out of his a$$ and stick it back up Backstroms You want to talk about how well Semin played, or Varlamov, or even your boy Nickey, but don't say he was a major contributor to them winning that series. Take away Varlamov's stellar play against an offensively inept Rangers team, and they are out in 5, not winning in 7.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Getting your team out of the first round 1 time in 4 years is easily considered "not showing up" to me.

I hope your being sarcastic there...As the "best player in hockey," he did very little in that series last year against the Flyers. The first round this year, he had one exceptional goal. He was essentially invisible for almost all 7 games. Pull your head out of his a$$ and stick it back up Backstroms You want to talk about how well Semin played, or Varlamov, or even your boy Nickey, but don't say he was a major contributor to them winning that series. Take away Varlamov's stellar play against an offensively inept Rangers team, and they are out in 5, not winning in 7.

Nik's will be the best player in the NHL by the end of next season, but who was more popular, Adam Oates or Jaromir Jagr (don't answer that)?

This is a big time player, his moment is coming, and its coming real soon.

Don't look now, but Eric Staal and Cammy Ward are on fire again. Carolina could win it all.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #103 (permalink)

Backstrom is just going to have the same stats year in and year out of Weight and Oates and that's perfectly fine for him...he'll be successful in the NHL for 20 years like those guys. He's just not going to be that big time goal scorer and if he wants to be, it's surely not going to be in Washington because there just isn't enough shots to go around.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:

YOU WILL SEE TODAY WHAT A LITTLE XXXXXXXX MAF,CINDY AND THE OTHER RUSSIAN(MALKY) IS. THE CAPS ARE GOING TO GET UNDER THE SKIN OF THE PENS AND LAUGH, OVECHKIN IS GOING TO MAKE CROSBY HIS XXXXX. SEMIN AND BACKSTROM,LAICH, OVECHKIN ALL HAVE GOALS WITH A 4-2 WIN. VARLAMOV IS A BRICK WALL, DON'T THINK THE PENS HAVE A CHANCE.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #105 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

3-2 now...Ovie 1 goal
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
3-2 now...Ovie 1 goal

done 3-2
Old 05-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #107 (permalink)

Should be an easy sweep for the Caps and then onto the Bruins.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

i wanna see the canes upset the bruins
panthersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Should be an easy sweep for the Caps and then onto the Bruins.

YEP THE PENS ARE DONE THEY SUCK AZZ BUNCH OF GIRLS
Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan28 View Post
i wanna see the canes upset the bruins
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. SORRY TO MUCH SCORING BY THE BRUINS AND TO LITTLE D BY THE PANTHERS

BEST MATCH UP IS BRUINS VS CAPS
Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #111 (permalink)

Assuming the Wings make the Finals (Ducks are the only team that can beat them IMHO), I think the Bruins are the only team in the East that could make a series out of it. The other 3 teams have major holes in their own end and committ too many turnovers that the Wings would put in their net.

Caps - Wings would be nice because the NHL would get their biggest superstar on the Finals marquee but I don't see that series lasting more then 5 games if Osgood doesn't fall on his face.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #112 (permalink)

I am enjoying seeing my beloved Blackhawks have some success with their young talent...for that matter, nice to see a guy like Havlat have a career year and put up some nice numbers.
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsports View Post
I am enjoying seeing my beloved Blackhawks have some success with their young talent...for that matter, nice to see a guy like Havlat have a career year and put up some nice numbers.

I turned the game off last night after the Canucks were up 2-0 and Chi couldn't get anything going in the offensive zone. Canucks D looked really good and then Chicago stepped it up a notch and took over. I was really excited to see the team playing so well together..
Old 05-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Assuming the Wings make the Finals (Ducks are the only team that can beat them IMHO), I think the Bruins are the only team in the East that could make a series out of it. The other 3 teams have major holes in their own end and committ too many turnovers that the Wings would put in their net.

Caps - Wings would be nice because the NHL would get their biggest superstar on the Finals marquee but I don't see that series lasting more then 5 games if Osgood doesn't fall on his face.

I don't think anyone at all can hang with Detroit, but we've seen a hot goaltender do a lot, but short of someone standing on their head for the whole series, Detroit will probably repeat.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. SORRY TO MUCH SCORING BY THE BRUINS AND TO LITTLE D BY THE PANTHERS

series is tied at 1 going to the caniacs home

i think they have a chance
Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post

Hey Eba.. I don't know what playoffs you are watching but the Panthers didn't make it this year.

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clements View Post
Hey Eba.. I don't know what playoffs you are watching but the Panthers didn't make it this year.

Kent

lol thank you I know.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #118 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clements View Post

Kent
he prob meant canes but looked at my name and put panthers
Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #119 (permalink)

I said the Caps would sweep the Pens and my prediction is looking pretty good right now. Although I am always going to root for the Pens, I could see this series had disaster written all over it. The Caps biggest concern was getting out of the first round. Now that they overcame that, the rest should be a breeze for them all the way to the Cup. I don't think any team can stop Ovechkin at this point...not even Detroit.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #120 (permalink)

Ovie and Crosby with hat tricks..... meanwhile back in NY, Buttmen is wiping himself off.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I said the Caps would sweep the Pens and my prediction is looking pretty good right now. Although I am always going to root for the Pens, I could see this series had disaster written all over it. The Caps biggest concern was getting out of the first round. Now that they overcame that, the rest should be a breeze for them all the way to the Cup. I don't think any team can stop Ovechkin at this point...not even Detroit.
OVECHKINS GOALS WERE NICE GOALS AND CROSBY'S HAT TRICK WAS SOFT AND WORTHLESS HAHHAHA 2-0 THE SWEEP IS ON.

SOLT.. YOUR PREDICTION? I THINK YOUR VERY SARCASTIC PREDICTION IS COMING TRUE. CINDY STARTED TO TEAR UP..

VARALMOV IS SICK AND THE CAPITALS..IF THE D HOLDS UP THEY WILL ADVANCE TO THE FINALS.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #122 (permalink)

Soft and worthless. Eric, the more you talk, the less I think you know about hockey...

I won't panic until the home team loses. If the Pens can take both games in Pitt, the series will be wide open again.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Ovie and Crosby with hat tricks..... meanwhile back in NY, Buttmen is wiping himself off.
Maybe this will help them get back on ESPN.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Soft and worthless. Eric, the more you talk, the less I think you know about hockey...

I won't panic until the home team loses. If the Pens can take both games in Pitt, the series will be wide open again.
WORTHLESS MAYBE NOT BUT THEY WERE CHEAP ANYONE CAN STAND IN FRONT AND JAM IT IN. JUST SAYING THEY WERE WEAK!!

CAPS ON THR ROAD ARE ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS MAYBE THEY SPLIT BUT PENS WIN NEXT 2 I DOUBT IT I SEE PENS WIN ONE AND CAPS ONE AND THEN CAPS COME HOME TO CLOSE IT OUT
Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #125 (permalink)

How is fighting for a puck in front of the net a weak goal? I would call the 2 wristers that Ovie scored on weaker than Crosby's goals. That 3rd one was just a piss poor job by Fleury.