Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default NHL PLAYOFFS discussion thread

Here's a central thread for discussion of games.

This Rangers/Caps game has been really good, good hitting game.

The Lundquist is just stopping everything so far.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Here's a central thread for discussion of games.

This Rangers/Caps game has been really good, good hitting game.

The Lundquist is just stopping everything so far.
CAPS are to relaxed and know there the better team and are just sitting back making stupid mistakes and getting beat.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

they better tightin up with 9:00 left
Old 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wish Detroit games were this exciting
Old 04-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cracks me up...he's been spouting off about how they have a walk thru the first round and they choke the first 2 games away on their home ice. Where was Mr. Hart Trophy today? How come he couldn't put one in the net? The playoffs aren't the same as the regular season Mr. Ovechkin.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I wish Detroit games were this exciting
I wish more games were on TV. Today's game is on the NHL network, don't have that channel. Wish more games were on NBC, don't like VS.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Cracks me up...he's been spouting off about how they have a walk thru the first round and they choke the first 2 games away on their home ice. Where was Mr. Hart Trophy today? How come he couldn't put one in the net? The playoffs aren't the same as the regular season Mr. Ovechkin.

your a JA check the stats he had plenty of shots and hits. Obviuosly you didn't watch the game. Your talking out your azz and have no sense.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know- personally I am looking forward to the Hawks vs. Flames Series and tonight's game isn't on anywhere that I can see.. How do you widen your fan base by NOT Televising playoff games?

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!
DadofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Bye bye Ovechkin see ya next year!
MotorBoatinSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofTwins View Post
I know- personally I am looking forward to the Hawks vs. Flames Series and tonight's game isn't on anywhere that I can see.. How do you widen your fan base by NOT Televising playoff games?
every playoff game is on tv if you have the right channels.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBoatinSOB View Post
Bye bye Ovechkin see ya next year!
who the hell are you another wannabe. Make it to the NHL before you talk JA
Old 04-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Holy cow CP looks like garbage tonight. Halak better get warmed up.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Holy cow CP looks like garbage tonight. Halak better get warmed up.
Price should not even be in the net for this series. Habs might have ruined him for good by rushing him. He has been shaken since last years playoffs and was average at best for most of the season. The All Star nod was pathetic. You only get 1 Patrick Roy type rookie talent in goal per century.

On a side note, I have nice Price and Halak rookies available if anyone is buying.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Price should not even be in the net for this series. Habs might have ruined him for good by rushing him. He has been shaken since last years playoffs and was average at best for most of the season. The All Star nod was pathetic. You only get 1 Patrick Roy type rookie talent in goal per century.

On a side note, I have nice Price and Halak rookies available if anyone is buying.
I still believe in CP, LMK if you are serious. The kid will be fine, but they really needed to deal Halak (not because Halak is bad, he's going to be a good one) and get a veteran in there to help smooth along the bumps. I might be crazy, but I think a guy like Olaf Kolzig would have helped him tremendously if Olie was willing to be a mentor.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I still believe in CP, LMK if you are serious. The kid will be fine, but they really needed to deal Halak (not because Halak is bad, he's going to be a good one) and get a veteran in there to help smooth along the bumps. I might be crazy, but I think a guy like Olaf Kolzig would have helped him tremendously if Olie was willing to be a mentor.
Both or just Price ? I have a sweet 2 color Halak The Cup RAP and an SPA FW auto. Have a YGs Price and SPA auto. I'll PM you prices on whatever.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
your a JA check the stats he had plenty of shots and hits. Obviuosly you didn't watch the game. Your talking out your azz and have no sense.
Well of course he had shots, he has like 15 shots a game! I asked how come he couldn't put one in the net? If they drop this series, they're going to compete with the Houston Rockets to see who can finally get out of the first round!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Lundquist was pretty good today
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Caps fired everything at Lundqvist in that third period but he is just in one of those zones where the puck is like a beach ball coming in. At least the Caps may have found a goalie to keep them in games til they solve Lundy.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
who the hell are you another wannabe. Make it to the NHL before you talk JA
Face it Ovechkin's a choker and you choke on him too.
MotorBoatinSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBoatinSOB View Post
Face it Ovechkin's a choker and you choke on him too.

lmao. okay you got me
Old 04-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thoughts on playoffs so far:

Lundqvist is on fire. Rangers could win the Stanley Cup if he stays this hot. I haven't seen a goalie this hot since Kipper in 2004. They really could win unless...

Cam Ward stays on fire. Maybe he's just a guy who catches fire during the playoffs, kind of like Jamie Langenbrunner does, or maybe he's on a hot streak or maybe, just maybe he is ready to enter the NHL elite. Either way, New Jersey's forwards were talking to themselves after some of the saves he made last night...

But then again, Marc-Andre Fleury has looked very good too, and maybe the shaky goaltender label should be taken off this kid. Of course, it doesn't help that Philly doesn't have anyone who can control Evgeni Malkin or at least slow him down, at least not yet. Maybe they need to put Carcillo on him, but the Flyers might be in over their heads here, especially if they keep taking asinine penalties.

But then if you see what Boston is doing to Montreal, you wonder if your can bludgeon you way to the Stanley Cup, but is that fair to Tim Thomas, who is clearly now among the NHL elite goaltenders?

And that's just the east. My guess, when the dust all settles, Carolina gets out of the East, but it could New York... its too early to tell.

Am I willing to give the last rites to a team or two yet? Yes, Columbus is dead, but that is more a product of how good Detroit is, and in the end the playoffs in the East are probably moot, because Detroit is just better than anyone else.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Detroit is so fundamentally sound, I think that's why the games can be quite boring. I want them to play a team that will agitate them

Lets also keep the trash talking about Ovechkin to a minimum, he's a GREAT player on a above average team.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Detroit is so fundamentally sound, I think that's why the games can be quite boring. I want them to play a team that will agitate them

Lets also keep the trash talking about Ovechkin to a minimum, he's a GREAT player on a above average team.

Rangers-Red Wings could be interesting. Sean Avery is the ultimate shift disturber. I don't see Lidstrom and company falling for his act though.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

From what I've seen so far, the most likely match up as of now seems like Detroit-Boston. Both teams are just clicking on all cylinders after fantastic regular seasons. Since the NJ/Car series is the only series so far to have both teams win a game, it'll be interesting to see how many of these will even out or if there will even be a game 7 anywhere in the first round.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

This Phil/PITT game is exciting, Philly just dominating Pitts sloppy play in the last 10 minutes