Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Where did you go mr. fairweather penguins fan?
Give the guy a break. He can't even follow his own team enough as evidenced by his earlier post about Crosby not coming back this year and his career being over.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Bryzgalov is awesome right now. The Flyers fans should be stoked about going into the playoffs with a goalie who has a playoff record of 3-8 in the last 2 years and has gotten out of the first round once in his career. Woo Hoo!

When I talk about Crosby's injury, I can tend to be somewhat sarcastic at times.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Bryzgalov is awesome right now. The Flyers fans should be stoked about going into the playoffs with a goalie who has a playoff record of 3-8 in the last 2 years and has gotten out of the first round once in his career. Woo Hoo!

When I talk about Crosby's injury, I can tend to be somewhat sarcastic at times.
Don't be silly. HUGE difference in supporting cast between Flyers and Yotes teams even with all the injuries and rookies. So yeah, if he keeps stopping what is stoppable and maybe a few that shouldn't have been stopped who wouldn't be stoked about his play heading into the playoffs ?

Better hope Malkin don't disappear when/if Crosby comes back. Crosby tends to have that effect on him.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

I just dislike Pittsburgh fans
Old 03-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
I just dislike Penguin fans
Fixed it for you. I'm a Steelers fan so you can't lump 'em all together and who doesn't feel sorry for Pirates fans LOL

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
I just dislike Pittsburgh fans
Because you're tired or seeing the good side of the state win all the Stanley Cups and Super Bowls since 1974.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Because you're tired or seeing the good side of the state win all the Stanley Cups since 1974.
Yeah, I'd hang my hat on 3 great seasons and whole lot of garbage and hopelessness in between.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Because you're tired or seeing the good side of the state win all the Stanley Cups and Super Bowls since 1974.
No, cause most Penguin fans are very annoying and are not very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey.

That's the main thing I can't stand about fan bases. Like Capitals fans, look in the crowd at a Caps home game. Do you see any of the older jerseys from the early 2000's or 90's? Nope, cause no one gave a #@#@#@#@ until they got "good" even though they have failed every year.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #59 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
No, cause most Penguin fans are very annoying and are not very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey.

That's the main thing I can't stand about fan bases. Like Capitals fans, look in the crowd at a Caps home game. Do you see any of the older jerseys from the early 2000's or 90's? Nope, cause no one gave a #@#@#@#@ until they got "good" even though they have failed every year.
At least we didn't boo Santa Claus or cheer when a player layed motionless and unconscious on the field.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
At least we didn't boo Santa Claus or cheer when a player layed motionless and unconscious on the field.
Very original, are you one of the morons on ESPN that use that same example over and over again when ripping on Philadelphia?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Santa was intoxicated and no one knew how bad that player was hurt.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
Very original, are you one of the morons on ESPN that use that same example over and over again when ripping on Philadelphia?
What about the youtube beating of a Rangers fan? Or the fact you have a courtroom inside your stadium to handle all the "pleasant" Philadelphia fans?

From GQ Magazine (The Top 15 Worst Fans in Sports):

2 and 1. Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Phillies
The Meanest Fans in America

Over the years, Philadelphia fans have booed Santa Claus as well as their own star players. They've even booed a guy who just helped the city win a friggin' World Series title—while he was getting his ring. Boooo! Admittedly, there are some things fans have cheered. Like Michael Irvin's career-ending neck injury and a fan being tased on the outfield grass. Things reached their nadir last season, when Citizens Bank Park played host to arguably the most heinous incident in the history of sports: A drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl. The truth is this: All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system. "Some of these people would boo the crack in the Liberty Bell," baseball legend Pete Rose once said. More likely, these savages would have thrown the battery that cracked it.

They actually got #2 AND #1.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
What about the youtube beating of a Rangers fan? Or the fact you have a courtroom inside your stadium to handle all the "pleasant" Philadelphia fans?

From GQ Magazine (The Top 15 Worst Fans in Sports):

2 and 1. Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Phillies
The Meanest Fans in America

Over the years, Philadelphia fans have booed Santa Claus as well as their own star players. They've even booed a guy who just helped the city win a friggin' World Series title—while he was getting his ring. Boooo! Admittedly, there are some things fans have cheered. Like Michael Irvin's career-ending neck injury and a fan being tased on the outfield grass. Things reached their nadir last season, when Citizens Bank Park played host to arguably the most heinous incident in the history of sports: A drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl. The truth is this: All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system. "Some of these people would boo the crack in the Liberty Bell," baseball legend Pete Rose once said. More likely, these savages would have thrown the battery that cracked it.

They actually got #2 AND #1.
OMG GQ said it, so it must be true. I know I personally go to GQ for all of my reliable sports opinion pieces. That article is so pathetic, considering every one of those incidents (minus the one garbage drunk a-hole puking) is completely misstated or just incorrect.

Also, Pittsburgh being the "good" side of the state...bwahahahaha.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
OMG GQ said it, so it must be true. I know I personally go to GQ for all of my reliable sports opinion pieces. That article is so pathetic, considering every one of those incidents (minus the one garbage drunk a-hole puking) is completely misstated or just incorrect.

Sorry that you're not familiar with GQ (it's a Mens magazine). Maybe you would feel more comfortable with Redbook or Good Housekeeping while you're watching your favorite shows on Lifetime.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but all of those incidents did happen as stated in that article so you are incorrect Bwahahahahaha

Sorry that you're not familiar with GQ (it's a Mens magazine). Maybe you would feel more comfortable with Redbook or Good Housekeeping while you're watching your favorite shows on Lifetime.

This #@#@#@#@ made me laugh my ass off!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #66 (permalink)

Bryzgalov looked good tonight in TO. Gustavvson looked awesome as well. Shame the Leafs couldn't get the job done.

As for this whole Philly fan debate, I still say Philly doesn't compare to Vancouver. Defaming a church because a bruin attended it? That's cold!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but all of those incidents did happen as stated in that article so you are incorrect Bwahahahahaha

This #@#@#@#@ made me laugh my ass off!
And again, you are wrong. If you want to listen to over-simplified BS (from national media or even worse, a pathetic men's mag like GQ), then you go right ahead.

Also, how bout that Bryz...Helluva game tonight. Also, Geee-rooo.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
And again, you are wrong. If you want to listen to over-simplified BS (from national media or even worse, a pathetic men's mag like GQ), then you go right ahead.

Also, how bout that Bryz...Helluva game tonight. Also, Geee-rooo.
I was watching the game where Irving was injured, and yes the fans cheered, the announcers commented as to how terrible the actions of the fans were, so don't try and BS what we all saw on a national broadcast perhaps your not old enough to have seen this game so maybe you should not comment, same thing with Santa google it, it's easy to find and the guy who was in the santa suit has done numerous interviews! , again facts, you will see it actually happened! GQ Magazine is a respected periodical that would not print something that was not verified prior and by the way they have done many interviews with professional athletes that were very inciteful but maybe you have never read this magazine, Now take off those rose colored glasses and accept that these events actually happened in the city of brotherly love

Last edited by TASS; 03-11-2012 at 01:14 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #69 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

The guy who intentionally vomitted on the 13 year old girl is the worst. That's serious issues there my friend.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #70 (permalink)

Wow you guys are pretty pathetic that you have to bring up nonsense like this in a thread about Flyers goalies because you can't say anything negative about Bryz's play these days. Pretty pathetic, I expected better. Two idiots beating up a another guy at a steak shop late at nite is a reflection of Philly fans because the guy had a Rangers jersey on ? Really ? So if they had suites on and were talking sh*t it would have never happened ? Using that brilliant rationale then Rangers fans must all be savages after a bunch of them jumped Flyers fans IN the Garden DURING Lindros' first home game against the Flyers ? Oh wait, there wasn't any youtube back then so it must have never happened

Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #71 (permalink)

Oh and BTW, at this rate Bryz may end up with more shutouts this season then the over-rated Flower has in his career. LMAO "who would I rather have come playoff time" because Bryz didn't play well.. on another team ...in last years playoffs" Are we talking about the same "last year" when the Pens and their great goalie couldn't even get out of the first round...that "last year" ? HAHAHAHA too funny.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #72 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

The Flyers definitely look like the Stanley Cup favorites at this point in time. I guess Philly should start planning the parade.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #73 (permalink)

There are no shootouts in the playoffs so no cheap wins for teams with only one scoring line.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
The Flyers definitely look like the Stanley Cup favorites at this point in time. I guess Philly should start planning the parade.
My God...bitter much?

If Bryz can play like this and they can get some degree of healthiness, then there is nobody that they shouldn't be able to beat....even the Rangers.