Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Philadelphia Flyers Goalies

Man do they stink. All this talk about acquiring Rick Nash and them getting Nik Grossman, they should really be considering trying to find a solid goaltender. Those two clowns couldn't stop a runny nose.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great analysis there...can't argue with stating the obvious.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Old 02-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

I never understood why the Flyers went out and spent all that coin on Byrzgalov. He looked like he was out in left field today. Bobs didn't fare much better either. This is a major concern for them that may keep them from Cup contention if not fixed.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

....have been disastrous since Bernie Parent!! Anyone remember the classic "Hexy or Snowy" debates in the '97 Cup finals? I actually got to rib Ed Snider (Flyers owner) in person about that later in summer of 1997 when he was buying rare manuscripts from one of my colleagues, then a dealer of said products. "How many goalies could you get for that?" I asked - he actually was pretty cool.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

as a huge flyers fan....someone shoot me. please.
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well Solty, you've been waiting a long time to post after a Flyers game so have at it. LOL Fist regulation win by the Pens since October of 2010 and a gift at that and he's already posting.

You better hope the Flyers never find a goalie because even with crap in net they've pretty much owned the Pens the last couple of years. Six goals and not one of any real quality. Yeah, I'd be talking sh*t and real proud of this one.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38stud View Post
I never understood why the Flyers went out and spent all that coin on Byrzgalov. He looked like he was out in left field today. Bobs didn't fare much better either. This is a major concern for them that may keep them from Cup contention if not fixed.
Because Ed Snider is the Al Davis of the NHL. This was all on him not Holmgren.
He showed his hand at the end of last year vowing to get a goalie and he over paid on the biggest name FA available this year. Today was by far the worst game he's had this year. Every goal was a gift and Bob wasn't any better. The D has been average at best lately but today they got nothing from their goalies.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

It's Pronger's fault.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bring in Bob with 20 minutes left and expect him to shut out a team that's just netted three on Bryz? Not fair to say he sucked, neither were good, but Bryz was way worse. What's funny there: Bobrovsky got the loss, Bryzgalov just high tailed it off the ice.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Well Solty, you've been waiting a long time to post after a Flyers game so have at it. LOL Fist regulation win by the Pens since October of 2010 and a gift at that and he's already posting.

You better hope the Flyers never find a goalie because even with crap in net they've pretty much owned the Pens the last couple of years. Six goals and not one of any real quality. Yeah, I'd be talking sh*t and real proud of this one.
The Penguins have their own issues with paying players too much money and it's called M&M's......Martin and Michalek. Ray Shero has made a lot of great moves as GM, but this isn't one of them. $10 million combined for those two jabrone's is awful. I'd rather have Gill and Scuderi back. The good thing is though he can find two low cap suckers to take those guys off his hands....good luck moving Bryzgalov and his 10 million cap hit.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Best Goalie in a Flyers uniform all year was Bernie in the Alumni game. Actually Trees was probably the better goalie for that game, but Bernie is a lot older.

Pucky Bryzby-ya is a waste of space. $52mil down the drain.

....I think he want to go home and play KHL and drink wodka.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Hasn't this been Philly's problem the last couple decades? A goalie? I have several friends of mine who are Flyers fans and year after year it's the same "If we only had a good goalie!" I thought they made a great move acquiring Bryz but I guess it's the same story.

Guess no Cup again the year....1975!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

and yet its the Penguins with the hardware. You know, the championships including one fairly recently. 1975 is a long time ago. But thats what Philly does best, regular season world beaters, but when the playoffs start ,its pathetic fold city. Same ole same ole, no matter the sport
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
and yet its the Penguins with the hardware. You know, the championships including one fairly recently. 1975 is a long time ago. But thats what Philly does best, regular season world beaters, but when the playoffs start ,its pathetic fold city. Same ole same ole, no matter the sport
LMAO "the hardware" ? Really ??? I thought it was the Bruins with "the hardware" Who was playing for the Cup more recently ??? Since your team doesn't have "the hardware" either, you REALLY don't want to compare franchises now do you ??? If you're going to jump into the thread, at least know of which you speak.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Flyers should trade for James Reimer or Jonas Gustavvson! God I hate the two goalie system
Old 02-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Solt, by the looks of things today in Buff., you better hope Fleury does not get hurt or you will be in the same position the Flyers are in! Johnson can't stop a beachball today
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Flyers should trade for James Reimer or Jonas Gustavvson! God I hate the two goalie system
They have to unload Bob before they can pick up anyone else. Nabakov is the name I'm hearing and it makes sense since Isles GM Garth Snow has some Philly ties.

I still would like to think that Bryz will get his sh*t together and just stop letting in the garbage that he let in yesterday. He's had some terrific games this year as well so it's not like he's washed up. Based on a lot of what I'm reading and hearing from him lately it seems he's a little butt hurt by the local media and some of the quotes by a few players like Timmonen who are less than happy with some of his performances.

If he doesn't come around, the Flyers may not have to eat his deal or keep him around at all. When the new CBA gets settled, there is talk there might be a one time, one player per team "bad contract" agreement where a team can unload a bad contract and get cap relief. Guess who the Flyers will be looking at if he doesn't turn it around

Old 02-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

8th in the league for fewest shots allowed, 6th in the league for most goals allowed, this says it all.
brewcrew8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nabokov for who though? The Isles defense is on its way to being impregnable, so it needs to be an offensive weapon. Couturier wouldn't be a match unless the Isles ponied up their #1 pick, which could be Yapukov. Nabokov, Okposo and a 2nd for Couturier and a 4th?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #21 (permalink)

Wow...if you have to acquire Nabokov to actually IMPROVE your goalie situation, you're really in bad shape. They are in no mans land, they have to ride Bryzgalov and hope for the best. You don't pay a guy that kind of money for him to sit, you have to play him every game and have him work through it because there sure as hell isn't any team out there willing to take him on in a trade.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

No way the Flyers trade Couts, Read or even JVR for Nabokov or any other rental type player.. Just rumors for right now. No way do I think they'd bring in another guy and bench Bryz with that contract unless it's playoff time and he costs them a game or two. No way Snider wants a replay of last year come playoff time. I just think they know Bob needs regular playing time to develop and would rather have a veteran type goalie as a back-up. Bob has a low cap hit and has flashed some potential so maybe now is the time to move him.

Like I said, Bryz has had some horrible games but he's had some really good ones as well. Not everything is on Bryz and Bob in some of these games even though yesterday obviously was. Even with all the issues, the Flyers have been no worse than 4th in the conference all year long. I'll take that considering they're one of the youngest teams in the league and were rebuilt last year. Let's remember too the Flyers have been playing 5 to 7 rookies all year and as many as 10 a few times.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Wow...if you have to acquire Nabokov to actually IMPROVE your goalie situation, you're really in bad shape. They are in no mans land, they have to ride Bryzgalov and hope for the best. You don't pay a guy that kind of money for him to sit, you have to play him every game and have him work through it because there sure as hell isn't any team out there willing to take him on in a trade.

With 6 goals allowed today against the offensive machine that is the Buffalo Sabres and after a gift win yesterday while still giving up 4, I'd be more worried about the Pens if I were a Pens fan. It's not like MAF is a Vezina candidate this year. Fluery and his .910 SV% and 2 SO isn't exactly that much better than Bryz and his .900 SV% and 2 SO. Sure Fluery has more wins (30-20) but he's also played in more games.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
With 6 goals allowed today against the offensive machine that is the Buffalo Sabres and after a gift win yesterday while still giving up 4, I'd be more worried about the Pens if I were a Pens fan. It's not like MAF is a Vezina candidate this year. Fluery and his .910 SV% and 2 SO isn't exactly that much better than Bryz and his .900 SV% and 2 SO. Sure Fluery has more wins (30-20) but he's also played in more games.
Who do you think Flyer management would rather have in goal going into this years playoffs? Fleury? (a guy who has been to 2 Stanley Cups), or the 2 man circus they trot out there every night?

Evgeny Nabokov.......really?????? I mean, really?????
Old 02-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

I am hoping he's just having a bad season. A few seasons ago he wasn't that stellar and had stats similar to those of this year...around .900 sv percentage and a high gaa close to 3. He is a disaster and this season is probably a lost cause for him, but I am willing to give him a chance over the next twenty or so years he's signed for.
philsfan is offline   Reply With Quote