Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011/12 Titanium

Panini hinted on twitter about a preview for 11/12 Titanium? Has anyone heard anything about this product? Is it based off of an old pacific set? I know nothing about it. But it's apparently in the works since Panini's twitter said something about it.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I hope they don't screw it up. Pacific Titanium and Pacific Calder were two of the best sets Pacific made.

Essentially Titanium was a one jersey per pack but the real draw were rookie cards numbered to 99. An upgrade would be to have these rookie cards be autographed, that would be change I could believe in.

Also, there was a gold parallel that was numbered to the player's jersey. I got $406 (no joke) for Ryan Smyth's #94/94 gold parallel back in 2004. This might be the product that gets me to rip Panini again.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I hope they don't screw it up. Pacific Titanium and Pacific Calder were two of the best sets Pacific made.

Essentially Titanium was a one jersey per pack but the real draw were rookie cards numbered to 99. An upgrade would be to have these rookie cards be autographed, that would be change I could believe in.

Also, there was a gold parallel that was numbered to the player's jersey. I got $406 (no joke) for Ryan Smyth's #94/94 gold parallel back in 2004. This might be the product that gets me to rip Panini again.
This is almost a guarantee. This was a great product back in the day. I remember the Kovalchuk rookie being the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

It appears they are on their way to fouling this up. The rookies are numbered to jersey numbers and these are going to have sticker autos.

Gak!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here's a link to what Panini posted from their blog:

Panini Peek: 2011-12 Titanium Hockey The Official Panini America Blog
Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
It appears they are on their way to fouling this up. The rookies are numbered to jersey numbers and these are going to have sticker autos.

Gak!
If you liked the #'d /99 rookies, you'll like this too right? Even more scarce, more fun to chase rookies. This will definitely be a product that I'm going to dabble in, one hit a pack, they're due after making Crown Royale terrible this year, right?!

But the scarcity of the rookies is what is going to be the big thing for this. I like it. I see all too many products in baseball especially with rookie auto's numbered to like, 600. That's ridiculous, this will be a fun product.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

On that link anyone know why the Henrique is #'d to 5? Either a variation or a SSP.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Edmunton. Lol.
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillittlejawa View Post
Edmunton. Lol.
Good god that's just sad. How do you spell a city wrong?

Honestly, how much is spellcheck?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckilgor5 View Post
If you liked the #'d /99 rookies, you'll like this too right? Even more scarce, more fun to chase rookies. This will definitely be a product that I'm going to dabble in, one hit a pack, they're due after making Crown Royale terrible this year, right?!
There was a reason 2001-02 was a dog. They went back to rookies #'d to 99 in 2002-03.

I don't get it, The Cup has been using this formula for years and it rules. Why fix something that isn't broken?

I guess the better question is why Panini does anything.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Panini’s 2011-12 Titanium Hockey marks another brand revival

By Andrew Tolentino | Hockey Editor

Over the weekend Panini America gave collectors a sneak peek at the latest chapter in its hockey brand revival saga. This time, the card maker took us back to the early 2000s to reawaken Pacific Trading Cards product Titanium Hockey.

Retaining original Rookie Card appeal and updated to meet current hobby standards, 2011-12 Titanium Hockey will hit the streets in April — seven years after the brand’s last installment.As Panini’s Tracy Hackler noted, the original Pacific Trading Cards release featured Rookie Cards limited to each player’s jersey number. “The brand took scarce RCs to an entirely new level and created tremendous buzz every step of the way.” Revamped with fresh faces, autographs and memorabilia, the new-look Titanium line is a tribute to the not-so-distant past.

Aside from the potential of pulling a limited-to-93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Rookie Card, Titanium offers a number of attribute-heavy subsets like Home Sweaters Autographs, Hat Tricks, Four Star and Six Star multiple memorabilia pieces, Quad Memorabilia Autos and Game-Worn Gear Patches.

Details, details

Each pack comes with at $20 SRP
Fourcards per pack
One autograph or memorabilia card per pack
Five packs per box
16 boxes per case
One Rookie Card limited to the player’s jersey number in each case

Beckett News Panini’s 2011-12 Titanium Hockey marks another brand revival
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

yes another 1600 buck case ......

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Old beckett hockey guys working at Panini= Re-run of old Pacific brands, that are next to nothing like their predecessors. Way to be original, super-stud Al Muir et al. You guys just plain suck.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillittlejawa View Post
Edmunton. Lol.
yeah that's just ridiculous, no excuse for that. i should hope that get's fixed. dont they look at these things before releasing them ??????
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Whats funny though is the top two rookies ARE numbered to 99 almost anyway. So people are crying about rookies that for the most part are only going to be of value because of their print run, not the rookie themselves.
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote