Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is the difference between a sticker and hard signed auto

i've been wondering this since i pulled my first auto im just a kid and don't know the difference
hockeykid_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

A sticker auto is just that: an autograph on a sticker. A hard-signed or on-card auto is one that is signed on the card and not on a sticker.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid_97 View Post
i've been wondering this since i pulled my first auto im just a kid and don't know the difference
Congrats on pulling an Auto, who did you get? The 'hard signed' Auto is also known as an 'on-card' where the player actually signed that card, and is pretty neat because the player actually had the card in his hand! The sticker auto is just what it sounds like, the player signs a bunch of stickers and sends them back to the manufacturer who applies the sticker to the card. Welcome to the Hobby and good luck pulling future Auto's
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Most collectors (including myself) prefer the on-card autographs to the sticker autographs. On-card usually have much better eye appeal and the card will have been actually handled by the person signing it.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post

Congrats on pulling an Auto, who did you get? The 'hard signed' Auto is also known as an 'on-card' where the player actually signed that card, and is pretty neat because the player actually had the card in his hand! The sticker auto is just what it sounds like, the player signs a bunch of stickers and sends them back to the manufacturer who applies the sticker to the card. Welcome to the Hobby and good luck pulling future Auto's
well i got a hobby of spa and pulled a hall and seguin rookie autos and a got a box of 07/08 h and p and got a patrick kane and like schenn sticker autos then finally a box of spx which i got a kadri rookie jeresy auto i saved up for a while to get those and im thrilled
Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
well i got a hobby of spa and pulled a hall and seguin rookie autos and a got a box of 07/08 h and p and got a patrick kane and like schenn sticker autos then finally a box of spx which i got a kadri rookie jeresy auto i saved up for a while to get those and im thrilled
You did very well! The Hall and Seguin SPA Autos are super, and throw the patrick Kane Auto and you got some winners for sure, Congrats on some great Auto's and keep that collection going
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

The difference between both is that hard-signed autos are much nicer and the player touched the card. And of course $$$$$!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

You have pulled some very nice autographs. Good luck with your future breaks.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah you did great. Honestly, the difference between the two isn't very much. If you get a Hall sticker auto and a Hall hard signed, it's not going to matter THAT much except to certain people. An autograph is an autograph in my eyes. It's either they sign it all at once, or they sign the card itself. But from what I can tell, you did great with your box breaks. Good luck collecting in the future!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You're just a kid? Don't sell yourself short. I'm guessing you're what...14? That's a young man.

Congrats on your pulls so far in this hobby. I hope your streak continues.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

thanks for all the support
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

To me it doesn't really make THAT much of a difference, but there definitely are some big ones. Hard signed ones are usually bigger, clearer, and often more detailed. As someone mentioned its gratifying to know the player actually held the card, which is cool. And from a value standpoint, it's (apparently) harder for companies to have athletes hard sign cards. Whereas they can knock out sheets and sheets of stickers in no time. SO since they're harder to get, they carry a premium. In the end, Hard signed ones just look cleaner and better all round.
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
A sticker auto is just that: an autograph on a sticker. A hard-signed or on-card auto is one that is signed on the card and not on a sticker.

Yes exactly.You have explained in a good way Recently i have get sticker auto and i have stuck it on the rear window of my car.

custom stickers
carlynbeatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

its in production
Lazy and cheap way is Sticker (like when Fleer sends one sheet of clear stickers and has one sign all the clear stickers on that one sheet.
More expensive way is Hand signed/on card (like Upper Deck producing a Card first including printed #'d 50 of 50. sends all say 50 produced cards to one to sign each card
I would much rather have the hand signed card or on card
Tinman4zags is offline   Reply With Quote