Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jackets rid themselves of Jeff Carter - He's L.A.s Problem Now

Carter sulks his way out of Columbus but actually does them a favor as they get Jack Johnson and a first rounder. Jeez, shows how desperate the Kings are for some goal scoring that they take on that terrible contract. Good luck with the locker room now that he's back with Richards. Maybe Richards will score a goal or two now ? What's it been, 30 games ? I like Richie so maybe he needs a year to adjust in LA but putting him back with his drinking buddy isn't going to help him along. I guess assistant coach John Stevens just got some job security since he's baby sat those two on the AHL and NHL levels. All kidding aside, I really can't imagine this working out over the long term for the Kings. That's two long term, big cap hits tied up in two guys who have shown they still have a lot of growing up to do.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

OOOOffff, both those contracts back together on the same team with LA nightclubs just down from the arena?
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Carter is one ugly SOB too
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Hell of a trade for the Jackets if you ask me (I'm a novice at Hockey so I'm probably wrong) - but Jack Johnson is a Top 4 D-Man and the first rounder is still a good asset - and probably the biggest part is getitng out of Carters huge contract.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Don't agree with the trade nor the amount of money LA tied up, but the fact Richards and Carter has success together was the catalyst behind this trade and LA felt they had no choice but to take the chance! I think where they should have increased goal production, letting a defenseman like Johnson go after already unloading Visnovsky, LA did not take into account how there D is now going to suffer with just Doughty remaining and that just might be the reason this trade should not have been made!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

i think the kings gave up too much. a highly touted young defenseman and a first round pick for a scoring wing with a bloated contract? crazy.
jubei777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

How pissed are Philly fans going to be if Frick and Frack bring the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles?
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Man thats a great trade for columbus they got an all star d-man and probable a top 20 pick that really makes up for the vermette trade once they trade nash for prospects and picks i think there in great shape for the next few years
hockeykid_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Jack Johnson? isn't that the left fist of this guy?

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
How pissed are Philly fans going to be if Frick and Frack bring the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles?
Carter bring a Cup ? Only way that happens is if Jeff Carter retires and replaces the guy who chaperones the Cup from town to town. If you saw enough of Carter you'd understand. The guy plays a soft game and somehow is still injury prone. He is painfully inconsistent as well. He'll get hot and score 5 or 6 goals in three games then disappear for three weeks.

While I'd be lying if I said I'm glad the Flyers didn't win the Cup in '10, it might have been a blessing in disguise for the franchise. If they win the Cup, Ed Snider keeps both of those bad contracts forever because he would blindly see a dynasty and that probably sets the franchise back for a decade.

Meanwhile, since it didn't happen, look at all they've acquired for those two. They got younger and faster and fixed the locker room. Wayne Simmonds is having a career year and Schenn looks like he'll be solid as well. Couturier looks like he could be something special as he's solid in both ends of the ice at age 19. Voracek has been decent but he could be moved in a deal with maybe Bob at some point. AND the cap relief allowed them to sign Max Talbot who is also having his best year ever and I've heard, has been great in the locker room.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Jesus that was fast...ilovethelakings just called me and said the city Los Angeles is out of alcohol!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Jesus that was fast...ilovethelakings just called me and said the city Los Angeles is out of alcohol!
it's worse than that....they just put Rodney King on TV to calm the storm and he said "can't we all just get a goal"......
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
it's worse than that....they just put Rodney King on TV to calm the storm and he said "can't we all just get a goal"......
I hope you've kept your day job!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

All I can say is that this should be interesting to say the least. I have become sick and tired of these 1 and 2 goal games by my team, so hopefully Carter will contribute immediately. Poor Quick and Bernier have had to be gods in net each night for the team to even have a chance to win. Now if they can only get rid of Penner, I'd be a happy fan.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Great trade for Columbus, Mason needs all the help he can get and Jack johson is solid. Plus a 1st rounder....great trade!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

I was glad the Jackets did this deal. Got rid of that horrid contract of Caters' and added a first rounder and Johnson. Too bad they suck so bad!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Jeff Carter is a stiff...that is all.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

If the Kings need to score a goal when they are already winning by 3 goals, Jeff Carter is your mann.
jt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Jeff Carter is a stiff...that is all.
How quick Philly Fans forget, for 4 straight years Carter was top 3 in scoring for the Flyers, and that makes him a stiff? I'll bet you were praising him then! This kid just might need the bright lights of LA, to really kick start his career. As far as his attitude in Columbus who the #@#@#@#@ would be excited about playing there!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
If the Kings need to score a goal when they are already winning by 3 goals, Jeff Carter is your mann.
Led the Flyers in GW goals for the 6 seasons he played full-time! Sorry 5-6 seasons finished behind Richards (5GW to6GW) one of those seasons!

Last edited by TASS; 02-25-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Led the Flyers in GW goals for the 6 seasons he played full-time! Sorry 5-6 seasons finished behind Richards (5GW to6GW) one of those seasons!
You can throw all the stats out you want but if you watched the guy play (or not play) night in and night out you'd see why he isn't missed at all in Philly.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
How quick Philly Fans forget, for 4 straight years Carter was top 3 in scoring for the Flyers, and that makes him a stiff? I'll bet you were praising him then! This kid just might need the bright lights of LA, to really kick start his career. As far as his attitude in Columbus who the #@#@#@#@ would be excited about playing there!
Yeah those awful Philly fans, they are just so front running, bla bla bla. Having watched almost every flyers game the past few years -when possible- I have always thought he was a stiff. He can score SOME, but that's it. But continue to speak out of your ass, I'm sure you have watched him play many times.

Stiff may be too harsh of an adjective, but definitely 'heartless' would describe him well.

edit-
Wtf as usual BAMBAM says EXACTLY what I am thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
You can throw all the stats out you want but if you watched the guy play (or not play) night in and night out you'd see why he isn't missed at all in Philly.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Yeah those awful Philly fans, they are just so front running, bla bla bla. Having watched almost every flyers game the past few years -when possible- I have always thought he was a stiff. He can score SOME, but that's it. But continue to speak out of your ass, I'm sure you have watched him play many times.

Stiff may be too harsh of an adjective, but definitely 'heartless' would describe him well.

edit-
Wtf as usual BAMBAM says EXACTLY what I am thinking.
Has always played well against the Bruins, so I'll talk out of my ass in reference to those games,Wtf the kid had some great games in philly, and if you watch every Flyers game 'as you say' tell me this WHAT NHL player dosen't take a night off here and there He's a stiff that pops 30 gaols a season with no heart, must have talent ehh