Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 11-12 Limited Mika Zibanejad auto shield 1/1 Thought?

I have this card listed on EBay at $2999.99 o.bo. I have an offer in at $700.00. Take it, leave it or counter? What do you think....
rojallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I would say hold off you can always ignore the offer and come back a week or two later and say hey just saw your offer
Hous3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

True? But what then is the harm n countering?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Don't ignore it, sends a bad message to anyone else watching it! Make your decision on A) how many 'watchers' B) What have comparable Shields been selling for from this product C) What is the least amount you want. Determine B & C and take into account how much interest the card has and make a counter offer based on your decision. Good luck but do your homework before doing anything!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Don't ignore it, sends a bad message to anyone else watching it! Make your decision on A) how many 'watchers' B) What have comparable Shields been selling for from this product C) What is the least amount you want. Determine B & C and take into account how much interest the card has and make a counter offer based on your decision. Good luck but do your homework before doing anything!

The only other sale is the Cody Hodgson which went for $1200.00. My plan was to run this for 3 days and then redeem if no solid offers came in. Now I'm not really sure what a solid offer is. Should I try to Eclipse the Hodgson price with a counter? I just don't want to leave any money on the table.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
The only other sale is the Cody Hodgson which went for $1200.00. My plan was to run this for 3 days and then redeem if no solid offers came in. Now I'm not really sure what a solid offer is. Should I try to Eclipse the Hodgson price with a counter? I just don't want to leave any money on the table.
NO, Hodgson is in the running for the Calder Trophy, your offer for $700.00 is pretty decent IMO, counter with a $1,000 and see where that get's you I don't see Zibanejad eclipsing Hodgson in price. Good Luck! I can't see it selling for more than $1,000
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Damn I'd love to get my hands on that card! Dont have too much money. Would you consider selling it for $25

Jk jk man. Good luck with your sale. I'd say no to the offer of $700. I think youll get substantially more once Mika starts playing with the Sens. He'll be a great player, so that card should be worth a lot.

Nice pull, btw!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Damn I'd love to get my hands on that card! Dont have too much money. Would you consider selling it for $25

Jk jk man. Good luck with your sale. I'd say no to the offer of $700. I think youll get substantially more once Mika starts playing with the Sens. He'll be a great player, so that card should be worth a lot.

Nice pull, btw!
The Hockey nut at the LCS says the same about Mikas future. However, what do you consider substatpntially more? I mean there is an 06-07 Hot Prospect Malkin shield 1/1 auto that sold for around $1400-$1500. Are you talking that ind of upside... More.... Less.....
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hot Prospects aren't huge selling cards. $1400 for a Malkin shield sounds cheap. You never know people's situation why they sell though. Need to take that into consideration. I can see you doing better than $700. Not over $1200.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo126 View Post
Hot Prospects aren't huge selling cards. $1400 for a Malkin shield sounds cheap. You never know people's situation why they sell though. Need to take that into consideration. I can see you doing better than $700. Not over $1200.
Well I countered the offer with $1000.00. We will see what happens. If not accepted, I'll keep it, redeem it and hope he blows up some day!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
The Hockey nut at the LCS says the same about Mikas future. However, what do you consider substatpntially more? I mean there is an 06-07 Hot Prospect Malkin shield 1/1 auto that sold for around $1400-$1500. Are you talking that ind of upside... More.... Less.....
I live in the middle of Sens country so my opinion may not be completely spot on, but I think this kid does have a ton of potential. If he pans out the way Ottawa hopes he does the card could be worth a fair bit of money. $1400-1500 wouldn't be out of the question.

Playing in Ottawa doesn't help his value, though. But if he pans out, there's no reason this isn't a mid-$1000's dollar card.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'd sell it before UD Ultimate comes out, the Rookie Shield's in that are the most sought after shield's out of any product, including the Cup. Hard Signed RC Shield can't be beat. $700 sounds like a very generous offer for a redemption with a sticker, no offense.
cfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfind View Post
I'd sell it before UD Ultimate comes out, the Rookie Shield's in that are the most sought after shield's out of any product, including the Cup. Hard Signed RC Shield can't be beat. $700 sounds like a very generous offer for a redemption with a sticker, no offense.
Ahhh, I'd forgotten about Ultimate. Those will really affect the value. Not sure if Mika will have a shield being that he only played 10 games this year, but I imagine he will.

I dont think $700 is a generous offer at all. I'd counter with $1000, if he is going to sell.

But the Ultimate shield will be worth substantially more. I'd consider selling.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I countered the offer with $1000.00. We will see what happens. If not accepted, I'll keep it, redeem it and hope he blows up some day!
Good move, if you get the 1K you scored! Take into account the product 'Limited' and the fact, as I said earlier a guy in the running for the Calder Trophy only pulled in $1,200! This kid does have upside but is currently playing back home in Sweden, it's going to be a year or two before he's playing regularly in Ottawa and unless he really blows up quick that card will never be as hot as right now, remember the Cup will be coming out further diluting Panini products. And yes Ultimate also, further proof to move it now!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

i'd take the $700 and run. i've been running Shield trackers for years (mostly Cup, UD Ultimate, and most recently Dominion) and i can tell you Limited shields are the lowest on the totem pole. throw in the fact that it's a redemption from Panini and you may not even receive the card. and then, if you do (and hopefully it's not too long from now), if he has other shield cards out there, the excitement for the first one (yours) will no longer be there when people have his other shields from Ultimate, Cup and Dominion to chase after.
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

I was gonna say take it before the dude change is mind, is Ice rookies /99 are selling for half of Coho comparable, but just saw someone ponyed out 450$ for the Black Diamond onyx of him.

Personally, i wouldnt deal with ANY junkini redemption and like Kevin pointed out when is Ultimate Shield will appear the Limited will be less appealing.
Dr kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr kicker View Post
I was gonna say take it before the dude change is mind, is Ice rookies /99 are selling for half of Coho comparable, but just saw someone ponyed out 450$ for the Black Diamond onyx of him.

Personally, i wouldnt deal with ANY junkini redemption and like Kevin pointed out when is Ultimate Shield will appear the Limited will be less appealing.
It sold for $200, not $450, stupid Ebay has made the completed auctions a bit deceiving. You have to actually click the auction to get the real sale price:
11/12 Black Diamond Mika Zibanejad RC Platinum RC 1/1 | eBay
cfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfind View Post
It sold for $200, not $450, stupid Ebay has made the completed auctions a bit deceiving. You have to actually click the auction to get the real sale price:
11/12 Black Diamond Mika Zibanejad RC Platinum RC 1/1 | eBay
Id take the 700$ and run then.
Dr kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I'd have taken the $700 myself simply because it's a redemption.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

700$ was a great offer...
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote