Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   UD 11-12 Series 2 - Young Guns Checklist?? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/267035-ud-11-12-series-2-young-guns-checklist.html)

DetectiveChrome 03-04-2012 06:54 PM

UD 11-12 Series 2 - Young Guns Checklist??

Is the checklist out yet? If not, any information on speculated rookies? Thanks

TASS 03-04-2012 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;2331058]Is the checklist out yet? If not, any information on speculated rookies? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It is up on UD website, includes the Victory & MVP Rookie Ck. list as well as the Rookie Jersey's

natbornkiller 03-04-2012 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=TASS;2331239]It is up on UD website, includes the Victory & MVP Rookie Ck. list as well as the Rookie Jersey's[/QUOTE]

where all i see is last years series 2

DetectiveChrome 03-04-2012 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=TASS;2331239]It is up on UD website, includes the Victory & MVP Rookie Ck. list as well as the Rookie Jersey's[/QUOTE]

I doubted this since you didn't post a link but decided to scour the site and found nada.

TASS 03-04-2012 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=natbornkiller;2331552]where all i see is last years series 2[/QUOTE]

Go to UD Community and look for the Hockey link on I believe the twitter link and look till you see UD Series 2 being discussed it will connect you there. I did it last week and it took awhile but you will find it!

TASS 03-04-2012 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;2331612]I doubted this since you didn't post a link but decided to scour the site and found nada.[/QUOTE]

I would not doubt me, ace! I guess you are not too good at scouring :rolleyes:

Here's the link wise one [url=http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/02/brag-photo-upper-deck-series-two-hockey-rookies-revealed/]Brag Photo: Upper Deck Series Two Hockey Rookies Revealed | Upper Deck Blog[/url]

frozenntimesports 03-04-2012 08:24 PM

Here it is

[url=http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/02/brag-photo-upper-deck-series-two-hockey-rookies-revealed/]Brag Photo: Upper Deck Series Two Hockey Rookies Revealed | Upper Deck Blog[/url]

Its a good one. The Young Guns checklist is weak, but the supporting cards are great.

TASS 03-04-2012 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2331703]Here it is

[url=http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/02/brag-photo-upper-deck-series-two-hockey-rookies-revealed/]Brag Photo: Upper Deck Series Two Hockey Rookies Revealed | Upper Deck Blog[/url]

Its a good one. The Young Guns checklist is weak, but the supporting cards are great.[/QUOTE]

Check out the checklist for the One on One Dual Auto's! :)!

frozenntimesports 03-04-2012 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=TASS;2331719]Check out the checklist for the One on One Dual Auto's! :)![/QUOTE]

Those are going to be very difficult pulls. I figure there are three Nugent-Hopkins rookies in each box. That's $100 extra right there.

This is my break math:

72 Young Guns x $5 average = $360
Nugent-Hopkins lot = $100
Jersey Lot x $5 average = $60
Rookie Jersey Lot x $8 average = $96 (probably one or two big hits)
Acetate = $40
Base Cards = $100
Canvas Lot = $50
Canvas YG x 6 = $72
Canvas SSP = $40
OPC Retros x 3 = $60

That's $978 right there not including the autograph, parallels, and patch card. I'm figuring if I sell it properly, I can get $1000 out of this year's product rather than the $930.02 average I made in last year's series 2.

TASS 03-04-2012 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2331807]Those are going to be very difficult pulls. I figure there are three Nugent-Hopkins rookies in each box. That's $100 extra right there.

This is my break math:

72 Young Guns x $5 average = $360
Nugent-Hopkins lot = $100
Jersey Lot x $5 average = $60
Rookie Jersey Lot x $8 average = $96 (probably one or two big hits)
Acetate = $40
Base Cards = $100
Canvas Lot = $50
Canvas YG x 6 = $72
Canvas SSP = $40
OPC Retros x 3 = $60

That's $978 right there not including the autograph, parallels, and patch card. I'm figuring if I sell it properly, I can get $1000 out of this year's product rather than the $930.02 average I made in last year's series 2.[/QUOTE]

I went in, prior to actually looking at the checklist with mixed feelings on what were left for YG's, but was not taking into account the Victory and MVP rookies nor the Canvas (Hodgson, Landeskog, Read...) So I think your math is right on! !:)!

frozenntimesports 03-04-2012 08:56 PM

I may be a bit aggressive on the base card pricing and the OPC retros, but I bet the Canvas lot and the Rookie Jerseys are low. Every year I have averaged at least $13 per on the rookie jerseys.

Just move fast. Unless its an absolute must for your PC, sell now and buy it again in three months.

DetectiveChrome 03-04-2012 09:05 PM

Thanks guys. I better clean the dust off my glasses. lol

It is a weak YG list - 'll be buying the Ellis YG for sure!

frozenntimesports 03-04-2012 09:21 PM

Pre-sells are coming in low. I suspect that is because the product was delayed. No one is looking for it yet. There are a lot of collectors doing this set and who do it every year. Also a few good names in the Young Guns checklist:

Zach Kassian
Joe Finley
Leland Irving
Riley Nash
Ryan Johansen
Joakim Anderson
Louis LeBlanc
Anders Nillson
Calvin De Haan
Stu Bickel
Zac Rinaldo
David Runblad
Eddie Lack

Its a deep checklist, but I would be shocked if anyone in this set became a superstar and maybe only one or two will be stars in this league.

solt0131 03-05-2012 07:34 AM

KMD is a little high on those numbers but not that far off. It might be tough to average $5 a YG though in Series 2....always has been. $40 for the acetate is too high unless you get RNH.

gonzo126 03-05-2012 08:40 AM

Weak Series 2 rookie crop to backup a weak Series 1 rookie crop. Not to excited about these.

TASS 03-05-2012 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=solt0131;2333692]KMD is a little high on those numbers but not that far off. It might be tough to average $5 a YG though in Series 2....always has been. $40 for the acetate is too high unless you get RNH.[/QUOTE]

You have 5-6 Rookie Acetate cards that will sell for $30-$40 within the 1st week of this product release. Definetly RNH, Landeskog, Henrique & Hodgson, the 2 Philly boy's will do well also!

frozenntimesports 03-05-2012 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=solt0131;2333692]KMD is a little high on those numbers but not that far off. It might be tough to average $5 a YG though in Series 2....always has been. $40 for the acetate is too high unless you get RNH.[/QUOTE]

That was a typo, I meant $10. I have two cases coming tomorrow so I've got a lot of numbers running through my head.

Last year, the Young Guns from Series 2 did very well, but that may have been partially because the Brick and Mortar policy just hit and production was cut. I like this product a lot, but 24 boxes later I may not be so happy with it. :D

Either way, all my stuff will be for sale right away. Move fast and take your profit, and unless its a can't live without it PC item, sell and buy it back in 3 months.

nephinfan 03-05-2012 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;2333944]That was a typo, I meant $10. I have two cases coming tomorrow so I've got a lot of numbers running through my head.

Last year, the Young Guns from Series 2 did very well, but that may have been partially because the Brick and Mortar policy just hit and production was cut. I like this product a lot, but 24 boxes later I may not be so happy with it. :D

Either way, all my stuff will be for sale right away. Move fast and take your profit, and unless its a can't live without it PC item, sell and buy it back in 3 months.[/QUOTE]

KMD, do you offer your auctions to Canada, too, or just the US? I only ask because of the risk involved of shipping to Canada, but I realize that might also affect the prices a person can lose out on if it's restricted to US sales only.

frozenntimesports 03-05-2012 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=nephinfan;2333985]KMD, do you offer your auctions to Canada, too, or just the US? I only ask because of the risk involved of shipping to Canada, but I realize that might also affect the prices a person can lose out on if it's restricted to US sales only.[/QUOTE]

I sell to Canada. If the sale is above $50, I ask for the customer to pay for registered mail. I have only had one or two items lost on the way to Canada. I believe the customer usually. Its a cost of doing business.

[B]Note to case-breakers. This is not the product to pop your cherry on if you are trying to make a profit. Don't take my prices and assume the same results, I've been at it since the 90s.[/B]